I have some background stories regarding the Second Mile and all that. I'll pass them along one of these days. Years before Second Mile was (partially) exposed, a friend of mine who was a small-town cop ran into a situation that strongly indicated a very organized ring in State College that passed people around to folks all over the country. This was years before anybody knew about Sandusky. My friend experienced a quashing of elements of an investigation back then. State police diverted it from a broad investigation that could have been trafficking and drugs into just a narrow drug investigation. He couldn't understand why, but it was beyond his pay grade. He asked me to poke around a little in State College (I lived there at the time) to see if I could locate a particular doctor who went by various AKAs. I couldn't find anything.

There are still records that went missing regarding who donated what to the Second Mile for a period of about three years. Those records going missing was no accident.