Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 174

Thread: Road Trip Hard-On

  1. #21
    I'm sort of doing ok, in my current situation but if someone can teach me how to make 600 dollars a day average in Vegas, I have to respect that possibility and try to listen and learn.

  2. #22
    They still got 99 cent hot dogs in this city??
    All the places I used to know about have either closed down or upped their prices.
    I haven't been inside the gift shops downtown for a long time though.
    They used to have 2 for a dollar inside the warmers but they weren't exactly the freshest hot dog.
    I miss Du-pars at the Golden Gate.
    Was thinking about that place yesterday.
    That Prime Rib was pretty sweet.
    Not to mention everything else.
    I heard they have one at the Suncoast but I haven't been over there since they got mad at me.

  3. #23
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Look, players like myself and mickey and others that post what we make are in no way bragging nor attempting to brag. Do you really think that we think 80-100k (in my case) is anything to brag about?

    We are just trying to show what a 'grinder' type player at can make. Because that is what we both are. Very different aspects of AP, but both of the grinder, play for longevity mindset and style.

    Trying to put yourself in the same category as mickeycrimm is really raising the bar for you. mickeycrimm is a humble man something you know nothing about. Stop insulting him.

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    They still got 99 cent hot dogs in this city??
    All the places I used to know about have either closed down or upped their prices.
    I haven't been inside the gift shops downtown for a long time though.
    They used to have 2 for a dollar inside the warmers but they weren't exactly the freshest hot dog.
    I miss Du-pars at the Golden Gate.
    Was thinking about that place yesterday.
    That Prime Rib was pretty sweet.
    Not to mention everything else.
    I heard they have one at the Suncoast but I haven't been over there since they got mad at me.
    $1.25 by the south point sportsbooking place, not quite $1. Costco count?

  5. #25
    I agree with MickeyCrimm that you're not really finding 3-3-3-3-3 on Aladdin; I'm almost positive I never have. Honestly, I don't think I've ever found 3-3-3-3, regardless of what the last reel was doing.

    I also agree that the value of the fifth reel is so negligible as to not merit consideration at all.

    The area where I disagree with MC is that I think the fourth reel can sometimes decide whether one plays or not, but let's start with the fact I am more conservative than most in the first place.

    MY PLAY POINTS:

    -Any Seven, First Three Reels

    -Six First Three Reels IF 3-0-3, 3-3-0, 0-3-3,

    The realization of value in this game comes largely from lighting up multiple reels simultaneously, which is essentially what happens in the Free Games, depending on which FGs you choose. I always choose the spins with three reels wild.

    On the ones I played, lamps came on Reel 2 the slowest, so I really didn't want Reel 2 to have to, "Catch up," to other reels for two to go wild simultaneously for any spins because it probably wasn't happening. That leads to the situation with Reel 4 that is not, "Any Nine First Four---which you would play anyway."

    Lamps come the fastest on Reels 4 & 5, at least, in my sample size. That being the case, you could get Reel 4 Wild for one or more spins with a combination of that and one of the first three reels, so non-nine configurations such as:

    3-X-2-3
    2-X-3-3
    3-X-2-2
    2-X-3-2

    Would then become playable. I can't think of a situation where it changes anything on a play that involves Reel 2 because, at least for the ones I played, Reel 2 is so slow anyway. I guess if you would play ?-3-?-3 or ?-3-?-2, regardless of what the (?) is, then there's that, but I wouldn't. You'll often see Reel 4 come and go completely, twice, in the time it takes Reel 2 to sometimes even catch a lamp.

    The 2-X-3-2 and 3-X-2-2 configurations were really nice because they would sometimes lead to getting all three wild for a spin or two, which is just absolute payday. It's always four-of-a-kinds on anything except a lamp or Free Games symbol, but the worst case scenario is that you get two of those and still have two other symbols...and, actually, I don't even know if you can get a Free Games symbol and a lamp on the same reel. I want to say I doubt it, but I never really paid attention for that specific event.

    Obviously, it's payday if you catch a genie on either of the other reels, because that's going to be some 5OaK.

    Anyway, the 3-?-2 and 2-?-3 scenarios are, for me, where I felt like it made a difference what Reel 4 was doing. I'm not even going to promise that those kind of situations (with two or three on four) are good, but I liked my results well-enough to keep doing it.

    If you are going to take configurations like those, don't get into the headspace of, "I can't leave value," when value doesn't exist. For example, if you hit the fourth reel and are left with 3-0-2-0-?, don't play that shit off if you wouldn't be playing it anyway. My goofy saying is, "If it's not good enough to play, it shouldn't be good enough to stay." I saw people fall into this trap a lot with a game that shares a name with a popular phone app where they would play the meter down to insane levels just because they felt like they were, "Abandoning," a play, if not. You're not abandoning anything when it's not a play anymore.

    Most of all if you hit say, the first reel first and are left with something like 0-0-2-2 or 0-0-2-3...that's not a play in any world.

    My opinion is that if you are going to take those plays that partially include Reel 4 value, then you have to be willing to accept a somewhat low (compared to other plays) probability of profit on any one attempt and understand that you're mostly going to realize your value on lower probability outcomes...or those occasions where you just hit Free Games straight up.

    Anyway, my results were good, before the machines I had went away. However, please keep in mind that these are my opinions only which, by necessity, represent a limited sample size on those specific types of plays.

    As far as 3-3-3-3-3 goes, I think a person is more likely to find two of the first three already wild for a spin or two as find that. Sometimes casual players will hit a big pay and decide they are done, believe it or not, without even realizing that they still have those reels wild for another 1-3 spins. That's not going to happen often, so you won't get many plays like that, but I think you'll see them more than 3-3-3-3. Some casual players just hit a big pay and then switch machines almost automatically.

    Was Aladdin ever in high-limit rooms for more than $3.00 bets? If so and MaxPen knew about it and was finding plays, I could see why one might throw out play points that nobody is likely to ever find. I'll let Max answer for himself on that one and hope he doesn't take offense to me suggesting that possibility.

  6. #26
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I'm sort of doing ok, in my current situation but if someone can teach me how to make 600 dollars a day average in Vegas, I have to respect that possibility and try to listen and learn.
    I suppose one particular approach would be to determine the inventory of Regal Riches in Vegas which of course involves tremendous leg work. And then determine the hours of the day when certain Regal Riches at certain locations have a lack of other hustlers. Check the Minis on them for 9s - the minors,majors, and megas can be seen from afar (https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/at...1&d=1629109282) for a given denom, but for machines with multiple denoms (1c,5c,25c. or whatever they may be) you are almost in the same spot as you are in for the Minis - you must manually switch the denom and then look them off for plays (with the Minis you have to check each of the levels for that denom). For the non-Mini banked games (minor,major,mega) you can use Mickey's numbers (https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/sh...l=1#post130777) and RTP adjustments for tight (CZR) or loose properties. I've seen people get lucky taking 7s on the Minis, but I use 9 at a place I like to work. As a lot of people know, what makes this game a future Vulture Hall of Fame game, is what the Mini banked games do to the variance - it decimates the bank roll required to spin of the higher banked game levels (Minor,Major and Mega) plus it can pay off huge in and of itself as it did for JBJB. BTW vulturing UXs at Circa seems to work for some people since Millennials are leaving a lot of multipliers I heard.
    BTW, I believe Slots of Fun at Circus Circus has $1 dogs (https://i.imgur.com/rAcheCm.png).

    Cheers, TP.

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I'm sort of doing ok, in my current situation but if someone can teach me how to make 600 dollars a day average in Vegas, I have to respect that possibility and try to listen and learn.
    I suppose one particular approach would be to determine the inventory of Regal Riches in Vegas which of course involves tremendous leg work. And then determine the hours of the day when certain Regal Riches at certain locations have a lack of other hustlers. Check the Minis on them for 9s - the minors,majors, and megas can be seen from afar (https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/at...1&d=1629109282) for a given denom, but for machines with multiple denoms (1c,5c,25c. or whatever they may be) you are almost in the same spot as you are in for the Minis - you must manually switch the denom and then look them off for plays (with the Minis you have to check each of the levels for that denom). For the non-Mini banked games (minor,major,mega) you can use Mickey's numbers (https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/sh...l=1#post130777) and RTP adjustments for tight (CZR) or loose properties. I've seen people get lucky taking 7s on the Minis, but I use 9 at a place I like to work. As a lot of people know, what makes this game a future Vulture Hall of Fame game, is what the Mini banked games do to the variance - it decimates the bank roll required to spin off the higher banked game levels (Minor,Major and Mega) plus it can pay off huge in and of itself as it did for JBJB. BTW vulturing UXs at Circa seems to work for some people since Millennials are leaving a lot of multipliers I heard.
    BTW, I believe Slots of Fun at Circus Circus has $1 dogs (https://i.imgur.com/rAcheCm.png).

    Cheers, TP.

  8. #28
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I agree with MickeyCrimm that you're not really finding 3-3-3-3-3 on Aladdin; I'm almost positive I never have. Honestly, I don't think I've ever found 3-3-3-3, regardless of what the last reel was doing.

    I also agree that the value of the fifth reel is so negligible as to not merit consideration at all.

    The area where I disagree with MC is that I think the fourth reel can sometimes decide whether one plays or not, but let's start with the fact I am more conservative than most in the first place.

    MY PLAY POINTS:

    -Any Seven, First Three Reels

    -Six First Three Reels IF 3-0-3, 3-3-0, 0-3-3,

    The realization of value in this game comes largely from lighting up multiple reels simultaneously, which is essentially what happens in the Free Games, depending on which FGs you choose. I always choose the spins with three reels wild.

    On the ones I played, lamps came on Reel 2 the slowest, so I really didn't want Reel 2 to have to, "Catch up," to other reels for two to go wild simultaneously for any spins because it probably wasn't happening. That leads to the situation with Reel 4 that is not, "Any Nine First Four---which you would play anyway."

    Lamps come the fastest on Reels 4 & 5, at least, in my sample size. That being the case, you could get Reel 4 Wild for one or more spins with a combination of that and one of the first three reels, so non-nine configurations such as:

    3-X-2-3
    2-X-3-3
    3-X-2-2
    2-X-3-2

    Would then become playable. I can't think of a situation where it changes anything on a play that involves Reel 2 because, at least for the ones I played, Reel 2 is so slow anyway. I guess if you would play ?-3-?-3 or ?-3-?-2, regardless of what the (?) is, then there's that, but I wouldn't. You'll often see Reel 4 come and go completely, twice, in the time it takes Reel 2 to sometimes even catch a lamp.

    The 2-X-3-2 and 3-X-2-2 configurations were really nice because they would sometimes lead to getting all three wild for a spin or two, which is just absolute payday. It's always four-of-a-kinds on anything except a lamp or Free Games symbol, but the worst case scenario is that you get two of those and still have two other symbols...and, actually, I don't even know if you can get a Free Games symbol and a lamp on the same reel. I want to say I doubt it, but I never really paid attention for that specific event.

    Obviously, it's payday if you catch a genie on either of the other reels, because that's going to be some 5OaK.

    Anyway, the 3-?-2 and 2-?-3 scenarios are, for me, where I felt like it made a difference what Reel 4 was doing. I'm not even going to promise that those kind of situations (with two or three on four) are good, but I liked my results well-enough to keep doing it.

    If you are going to take configurations like those, don't get into the headspace of, "I can't leave value," when value doesn't exist. For example, if you hit the fourth reel and are left with 3-0-2-0-?, don't play that shit off if you wouldn't be playing it anyway. My goofy saying is, "If it's not good enough to play, it shouldn't be good enough to stay." I saw people fall into this trap a lot with a game that shares a name with a popular phone app where they would play the meter down to insane levels just because they felt like they were, "Abandoning," a play, if not. You're not abandoning anything when it's not a play anymore.

    Most of all if you hit say, the first reel first and are left with something like 0-0-2-2 or 0-0-2-3...that's not a play in any world.

    My opinion is that if you are going to take those plays that partially include Reel 4 value, then you have to be willing to accept a somewhat low (compared to other plays) probability of profit on any one attempt and understand that you're mostly going to realize your value on lower probability outcomes...or those occasions where you just hit Free Games straight up.

    Anyway, my results were good, before the machines I had went away. However, please keep in mind that these are my opinions only which, by necessity, represent a limited sample size on those specific types of plays.

    As far as 3-3-3-3-3 goes, I think a person is more likely to find two of the first three already wild for a spin or two as find that. Sometimes casual players will hit a big pay and decide they are done, believe it or not, without even realizing that they still have those reels wild for another 1-3 spins. That's not going to happen often, so you won't get many plays like that, but I think you'll see them more than 3-3-3-3. Some casual players just hit a big pay and then switch machines almost automatically.

    Was Aladdin ever in high-limit rooms for more than $3.00 bets? If so and MaxPen knew about it and was finding plays, I could see why one might throw out play points that nobody is likely to ever find. I'll let Max answer for himself on that one and hope he doesn't take offense to me suggesting that possibility.
    It wasn't one point per lantern. The formula I used for that was

    Reels 1-3=2 points
    Reel 4= 1 point
    Reel 5= .5 point

    15 or greater equals play

    It was just something I came up with after I saw it on the floor.

    It doesn't take me writing a book to explain some 2 bit machine play. I don't need to consult with a hobo think tank on Twitter and other places to figure these machines out as they appear. I simply play them when they come out and draw my own conclusions.

    There were a lot of $6 Alladins in Vegas at one point

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I agree with MickeyCrimm that you're not really finding 3-3-3-3-3 on Aladdin; I'm almost positive I never have. Honestly, I don't think I've ever found 3-3-3-3, regardless of what the last reel was doing.

    I also agree that the value of the fifth reel is so negligible as to not merit consideration at all.

    The area where I disagree with MC is that I think the fourth reel can sometimes decide whether one plays or not, but let's start with the fact I am more conservative than most in the first place.

    MY PLAY POINTS:

    -Any Seven, First Three Reels

    -Six First Three Reels IF 3-0-3, 3-3-0, 0-3-3,

    The realization of value in this game comes largely from lighting up multiple reels simultaneously, which is essentially what happens in the Free Games, depending on which FGs you choose. I always choose the spins with three reels wild.

    On the ones I played, lamps came on Reel 2 the slowest, so I really didn't want Reel 2 to have to, "Catch up," to other reels for two to go wild simultaneously for any spins because it probably wasn't happening. That leads to the situation with Reel 4 that is not, "Any Nine First Four---which you would play anyway."

    Lamps come the fastest on Reels 4 & 5, at least, in my sample size. That being the case, you could get Reel 4 Wild for one or more spins with a combination of that and one of the first three reels, so non-nine configurations such as:

    3-X-2-3
    2-X-3-3
    3-X-2-2
    2-X-3-2

    Would then become playable. I can't think of a situation where it changes anything on a play that involves Reel 2 because, at least for the ones I played, Reel 2 is so slow anyway. I guess if you would play ?-3-?-3 or ?-3-?-2, regardless of what the (?) is, then there's that, but I wouldn't. You'll often see Reel 4 come and go completely, twice, in the time it takes Reel 2 to sometimes even catch a lamp.

    The 2-X-3-2 and 3-X-2-2 configurations were really nice because they would sometimes lead to getting all three wild for a spin or two, which is just absolute payday. It's always four-of-a-kinds on anything except a lamp or Free Games symbol, but the worst case scenario is that you get two of those and still have two other symbols...and, actually, I don't even know if you can get a Free Games symbol and a lamp on the same reel. I want to say I doubt it, but I never really paid attention for that specific event.

    Obviously, it's payday if you catch a genie on either of the other reels, because that's going to be some 5OaK.

    Anyway, the 3-?-2 and 2-?-3 scenarios are, for me, where I felt like it made a difference what Reel 4 was doing. I'm not even going to promise that those kind of situations (with two or three on four) are good, but I liked my results well-enough to keep doing it.

    If you are going to take configurations like those, don't get into the headspace of, "I can't leave value," when value doesn't exist. For example, if you hit the fourth reel and are left with 3-0-2-0-?, don't play that shit off if you wouldn't be playing it anyway. My goofy saying is, "If it's not good enough to play, it shouldn't be good enough to stay." I saw people fall into this trap a lot with a game that shares a name with a popular phone app where they would play the meter down to insane levels just because they felt like they were, "Abandoning," a play, if not. You're not abandoning anything when it's not a play anymore.

    Most of all if you hit say, the first reel first and are left with something like 0-0-2-2 or 0-0-2-3...that's not a play in any world.

    My opinion is that if you are going to take those plays that partially include Reel 4 value, then you have to be willing to accept a somewhat low (compared to other plays) probability of profit on any one attempt and understand that you're mostly going to realize your value on lower probability outcomes...or those occasions where you just hit Free Games straight up.

    Anyway, my results were good, before the machines I had went away. However, please keep in mind that these are my opinions only which, by necessity, represent a limited sample size on those specific types of plays.

    As far as 3-3-3-3-3 goes, I think a person is more likely to find two of the first three already wild for a spin or two as find that. Sometimes casual players will hit a big pay and decide they are done, believe it or not, without even realizing that they still have those reels wild for another 1-3 spins. That's not going to happen often, so you won't get many plays like that, but I think you'll see them more than 3-3-3-3. Some casual players just hit a big pay and then switch machines almost automatically.

    Was Aladdin ever in high-limit rooms for more than $3.00 bets? If so and MaxPen knew about it and was finding plays, I could see why one might throw out play points that nobody is likely to ever find. I'll let Max answer for himself on that one and hope he doesn't take offense to me suggesting that possibility.
    Marathon Mission at his finest.

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

    It wasn't one point per lantern. The formula I used for that was

    Reels 1-3=2 points
    Reel 4= 1 point
    Reel 5= .5 point

    15 or greater equals play

    It was just something I came up with after I saw it on the floor.

    It doesn't take me writing a book to explain some 2 bit machine play. I don't need to consult with a hobo think tank on Twitter and other places to figure these machines out as they appear. I simply play them when they come out and draw my own conclusions.

    There were a lot of $6 Alladins in Vegas at one point
    I hope that you weren't referring to me. I discussed the plays with one other area vulture who does mostly the same thing that I do. I decided my play points both by playing and, as I usually do, spending some time watching other people playing the machines.

    I like your points method and I think that you will find it results in largely the same conditions as I describe, except you would end up taking a pass on some plays that I would take...which is fine because they aren't the best plays anyway and I mainly continued to take them based on my personal results, which were admittedly, a limited sample size. If I didn't have my top three or four actual results, then I probably wouldn't have been taking a few of those anymore. But, I am taking some 12's and 13's (based on your point system) that you are not.*** With that, you would take a small handful of plays that I wouldn't just because I think Reel 2 catches lamps much more slowly.

    I had a feeling that there would be some $6 Aladdins, though I never saw any myself.

    ***But, you would also be taking some of those at 15 points, for instance 3-1-2-2-2 you would take...and I am also taking...but not because I care about what Reel 5 is doing and I don't expect that Reel 2 is going to help me at all. I'd be shocked if it did, unless 1-3-4 trap me in a semi-perpetual playable state and Reel 2 runs faster than I expect in the meantime.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

    Marathon Mission at his finest.
    True, true...but this is the ONE part of this whole thing (meaning, the machines) that's actually fun for me.

  12. #32
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by monet View Post

    Alright, you got me, I'm biting.
    What is required for you to teach me how to average $600 cash per day in Vegas Casinos?
    What is the bankroll requirement and how large will my daily swings be?
    Am I able to do this independently?
    I feel like I'm being set up but I always feel that way.
    I don't teach people. I have helped introduced a couple people to vulturing but that is about it. In order to get those results in Vegas you would have to be at the top of the game in knowledge and effort expended. Other parts of the country you could probably get away being mediocre at best.
    Another stupid statement. Guys like low roller maxpuke are a dime a dozen in Las Vegas. They don't have enough money to rub two quarters together.

    In Las Vegas speed walking the machines is the major talent. maxpuke is a damn good speed walker. How much do you walk a day, maxie? 15 miles? 20 miles? With the occasional stop for a dollar hot dog.

    PS: YOU don't know anything about the rest of the country, assclown.
    As they say,, ignorance is bliss.

  13. #33
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I agree with MickeyCrimm that you're not really finding 3-3-3-3-3 on Aladdin; I'm almost positive I never have. Honestly, I don't think I've ever found 3-3-3-3, regardless of what the last reel was doing.

    I also agree that the value of the fifth reel is so negligible as to not merit consideration at all.

    The area where I disagree with MC is that I think the fourth reel can sometimes decide whether one plays or not, but let's start with the fact I am more conservative than most in the first place.

    MY PLAY POINTS:

    -Any Seven, First Three Reels

    -Six First Three Reels IF 3-0-3, 3-3-0, 0-3-3,

    The realization of value in this game comes largely from lighting up multiple reels simultaneously, which is essentially what happens in the Free Games, depending on which FGs you choose. I always choose the spins with three reels wild.

    On the ones I played, lamps came on Reel 2 the slowest, so I really didn't want Reel 2 to have to, "Catch up," to other reels for two to go wild simultaneously for any spins because it probably wasn't happening. That leads to the situation with Reel 4 that is not, "Any Nine First Four---which you would play anyway."

    Lamps come the fastest on Reels 4 & 5, at least, in my sample size. That being the case, you could get Reel 4 Wild for one or more spins with a combination of that and one of the first three reels, so non-nine configurations such as:

    3-X-2-3
    2-X-3-3
    3-X-2-2
    2-X-3-2

    Would then become playable. I can't think of a situation where it changes anything on a play that involves Reel 2 because, at least for the ones I played, Reel 2 is so slow anyway. I guess if you would play ?-3-?-3 or ?-3-?-2, regardless of what the (?) is, then there's that, but I wouldn't. You'll often see Reel 4 come and go completely, twice, in the time it takes Reel 2 to sometimes even catch a lamp.

    The 2-X-3-2 and 3-X-2-2 configurations were really nice because they would sometimes lead to getting all three wild for a spin or two, which is just absolute payday. It's always four-of-a-kinds on anything except a lamp or Free Games symbol, but the worst case scenario is that you get two of those and still have two other symbols...and, actually, I don't even know if you can get a Free Games symbol and a lamp on the same reel. I want to say I doubt it, but I never really paid attention for that specific event.

    Obviously, it's payday if you catch a genie on either of the other reels, because that's going to be some 5OaK.

    Anyway, the 3-?-2 and 2-?-3 scenarios are, for me, where I felt like it made a difference what Reel 4 was doing. I'm not even going to promise that those kind of situations (with two or three on four) are good, but I liked my results well-enough to keep doing it.

    If you are going to take configurations like those, don't get into the headspace of, "I can't leave value," when value doesn't exist. For example, if you hit the fourth reel and are left with 3-0-2-0-?, don't play that shit off if you wouldn't be playing it anyway. My goofy saying is, "If it's not good enough to play, it shouldn't be good enough to stay." I saw people fall into this trap a lot with a game that shares a name with a popular phone app where they would play the meter down to insane levels just because they felt like they were, "Abandoning," a play, if not. You're not abandoning anything when it's not a play anymore.

    Most of all if you hit say, the first reel first and are left with something like 0-0-2-2 or 0-0-2-3...that's not a play in any world.

    My opinion is that if you are going to take those plays that partially include Reel 4 value, then you have to be willing to accept a somewhat low (compared to other plays) probability of profit on any one attempt and understand that you're mostly going to realize your value on lower probability outcomes...or those occasions where you just hit Free Games straight up.

    Anyway, my results were good, before the machines I had went away. However, please keep in mind that these are my opinions only which, by necessity, represent a limited sample size on those specific types of plays.

    As far as 3-3-3-3-3 goes, I think a person is more likely to find two of the first three already wild for a spin or two as find that. Sometimes casual players will hit a big pay and decide they are done, believe it or not, without even realizing that they still have those reels wild for another 1-3 spins. That's not going to happen often, so you won't get many plays like that, but I think you'll see them more than 3-3-3-3. Some casual players just hit a big pay and then switch machines almost automatically.

    Was Aladdin ever in high-limit rooms for more than $3.00 bets? If so and MaxPen knew about it and was finding plays, I could see why one might throw out play points that nobody is likely to ever find. I'll let Max answer for himself on that one and hope he doesn't take offense to me suggesting that possibility.
    It wasn't one point per lantern. The formula I used for that was

    Reels 1-3=2 points
    Reel 4= 1 point
    Reel 5= .5 point

    15 or greater equals play

    It was just something I came up with after I saw it on the floor.

    It doesn't take me writing a book to explain some 2 bit machine play. I don't need to consult with a hobo think tank on Twitter and other places to figure these machines out as they appear. I simply play them when they come out and draw my own conclusions.

    There were a lot of $6 Alladins in Vegas at one point
    This is a dead giveaway that maxiepad is following me on Twitter. Heís safe from me blocking him because I have 1200 followers on Twitter. To much time involved in rooting out the sock puppet name he uses. And why does he follow me. Obvious. Heís looking for any information he can use. But the phony ass will tell you he donít need anyoneís help.
    maxpen, aka kj's dicklicker, is the shit stain in the underwear of life.

  14. #34
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I agree with MickeyCrimm that you're not really finding 3-3-3-3-3 on Aladdin; I'm almost positive I never have. Honestly, I don't think I've ever found 3-3-3-3, regardless of what the last reel was doing.

    I also agree that the value of the fifth reel is so negligible as to not merit consideration at all.

    The area where I disagree with MC is that I think the fourth reel can sometimes decide whether one plays or not, but let's start with the fact I am more conservative than most in the first place.

    MY PLAY POINTS:

    -Any Seven, First Three Reels

    -Six First Three Reels IF 3-0-3, 3-3-0, 0-3-3,

    The realization of value in this game comes largely from lighting up multiple reels simultaneously, which is essentially what happens in the Free Games, depending on which FGs you choose. I always choose the spins with three reels wild.

    On the ones I played, lamps came on Reel 2 the slowest, so I really didn't want Reel 2 to have to, "Catch up," to other reels for two to go wild simultaneously for any spins because it probably wasn't happening. That leads to the situation with Reel 4 that is not, "Any Nine First Four---which you would play anyway."

    Lamps come the fastest on Reels 4 & 5, at least, in my sample size. That being the case, you could get Reel 4 Wild for one or more spins with a combination of that and one of the first three reels, so non-nine configurations such as:

    3-X-2-3
    2-X-3-3
    3-X-2-2
    2-X-3-2

    Would then become playable. I can't think of a situation where it changes anything on a play that involves Reel 2 because, at least for the ones I played, Reel 2 is so slow anyway. I guess if you would play ?-3-?-3 or ?-3-?-2, regardless of what the (?) is, then there's that, but I wouldn't. You'll often see Reel 4 come and go completely, twice, in the time it takes Reel 2 to sometimes even catch a lamp.

    The 2-X-3-2 and 3-X-2-2 configurations were really nice because they would sometimes lead to getting all three wild for a spin or two, which is just absolute payday. It's always four-of-a-kinds on anything except a lamp or Free Games symbol, but the worst case scenario is that you get two of those and still have two other symbols...and, actually, I don't even know if you can get a Free Games symbol and a lamp on the same reel. I want to say I doubt it, but I never really paid attention for that specific event.

    Obviously, it's payday if you catch a genie on either of the other reels, because that's going to be some 5OaK.

    Anyway, the 3-?-2 and 2-?-3 scenarios are, for me, where I felt like it made a difference what Reel 4 was doing. I'm not even going to promise that those kind of situations (with two or three on four) are good, but I liked my results well-enough to keep doing it.

    If you are going to take configurations like those, don't get into the headspace of, "I can't leave value," when value doesn't exist. For example, if you hit the fourth reel and are left with 3-0-2-0-?, don't play that shit off if you wouldn't be playing it anyway. My goofy saying is, "If it's not good enough to play, it shouldn't be good enough to stay." I saw people fall into this trap a lot with a game that shares a name with a popular phone app where they would play the meter down to insane levels just because they felt like they were, "Abandoning," a play, if not. You're not abandoning anything when it's not a play anymore.

    Most of all if you hit say, the first reel first and are left with something like 0-0-2-2 or 0-0-2-3...that's not a play in any world.

    My opinion is that if you are going to take those plays that partially include Reel 4 value, then you have to be willing to accept a somewhat low (compared to other plays) probability of profit on any one attempt and understand that you're mostly going to realize your value on lower probability outcomes...or those occasions where you just hit Free Games straight up.

    Anyway, my results were good, before the machines I had went away. However, please keep in mind that these are my opinions only which, by necessity, represent a limited sample size on those specific types of plays.

    As far as 3-3-3-3-3 goes, I think a person is more likely to find two of the first three already wild for a spin or two as find that. Sometimes casual players will hit a big pay and decide they are done, believe it or not, without even realizing that they still have those reels wild for another 1-3 spins. That's not going to happen often, so you won't get many plays like that, but I think you'll see them more than 3-3-3-3. Some casual players just hit a big pay and then switch machines almost automatically.

    Was Aladdin ever in high-limit rooms for more than $3.00 bets? If so and MaxPen knew about it and was finding plays, I could see why one might throw out play points that nobody is likely to ever find. I'll let Max answer for himself on that one and hope he doesn't take offense to me suggesting that possibility.
    It wasn't one point per lantern. The formula I used for that was

    Reels 1-3=2 points
    Reel 4= 1 point
    Reel 5= .5 point

    15 or greater equals play

    It was just something I came up with after I saw it on the floor.

    It doesn't take me writing a book to explain some 2 bit machine play. I don't need to consult with a hobo think tank on Twitter and other places to figure these machines out as they appear. I simply play them when they come out and draw my own conclusions.

    There were a lot of $6 Alladins in Vegas at one point
    This is a dead giveaway that maxiepad is following me on Twitter. Heís safe from me blocking him because I have 1200 followers on Twitter. To much time involved in rooting out the sock puppet name he uses. And why does he follow me. Obvious. Heís looking for any information he can use. But the phony ass will tell you he donít need anyoneís help.
    Anyone that knows me knows I don't Twitter. Trust that you have no info that I want or need.

  15. #35
    I'm more interested in what MC thinks of my opinion on Reel 4 sometimes being a factor. Can we talk about gambling here at least once in a while?

    You guys should hang out sometime. You'd probably like each other.

  16. #36
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I'm more interested in what MC thinks of my opinion on Reel 4 sometimes being a factor. Can we talk about gambling here at least once in a while?

    You guys should hang out sometime. You'd probably like each other.
    Said the same thing before. Sad to see 2 good people go back and forth like this. Both have much more knowledge than the other wants to admit.

    That said they probably both enjoy the banter and insults flying back and forth. Itís what we do here most of the time. Gambling talk and info is just a diversion.

    As for Reel 4, Iím also with you in hearing more, the more opinions and results the better. Itís how some of us learn.
    Guns donít kill peopleÖAlec Baldwin kills people.

  17. #37
    Mickey 0.2x back in the saddle, can dish it out but canít take it..

  18. #38
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,046
    Originally Posted by MaxPen
    I have helped introduced a couple people to vulturing but that is about it. In order to get those results in Vegas you would have to be at the top of the game in knowledge and effort expended. Other parts of the country you could probably get away being mediocre at best.
    I am not a slot AP.

    Why would it be easier outside of Las Vegas to vulture the games?

    Seems to me Las Vegas should be easier as there are more places and more machines there than anywher else.

    What, are the casinos more diligent about vulturing in Las Vegas than elsewhere due to the AP's, wannabe AP's, drifters and thieves wandering their floors?
    What, Me Worry?

  19. #39
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

    I am not a slot AP.

    Why would it be easier outside of Las Vegas to vulture the games?

    Seems to me Las Vegas should be easier as there are more places and more machines there than anywher else.

    What, are the casinos more diligent about vulturing in Las Vegas than elsewhere due to the AP's, wannabe AP's, drifters and thieves wandering their floors?
    I've never understood what MaxPen is talking about on this one. Yeah, if you had a couple of casinos near each other that were as busy as Las Vegas casinos and had no competition, sure. What MaxPen does not seem to realize is that most casinos scattered around the country are nearly an hour (often more) from the next nearest casino and there is competition at many of these casinos. There are also generally fewer plays overall. Fewer target machines + less busy.

    If you can learn a play very early (before casual players have figured out not to leave it and before the competition figures it out), then you can make some money on it and get a lot of plays. You just don't want any competition to see you on it, because just from that they know there is a pretty good reason.

    Anyway, Vegas has more competition for vulture plays, which I think is what MaxPen means. Still, I'd love for him to identify, by name, a casino outside of Vegas where he thinks he's averaging $600/day just vulturing---AT ALL---much less without being there for eighteen hours and hopping on machines the second someone else hops off.

    All of that said, I only have a good idea of one region of the country, so I stipulate that others could be different.

  20. #40
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    I'm more interested in what MC thinks of my opinion on Reel 4 sometimes being a factor. Can we talk about gambling here at least once in a while?

    You guys should hang out sometime. You'd probably like each other.
    Said the same thing before. Sad to see 2 good people go back and forth like this. Both have much more knowledge than the other wants to admit.

    That said they probably both enjoy the banter and insults flying back and forth. It’s what we do here most of the time. Gambling talk and info is just a diversion.

    As for Reel 4, I’m also with you in hearing more, the more opinions and results the better. It’s how some of us learn.
    Before MC answers, I guess I should reiterate that Reel 4 is just changing my opinion of the playability of machine states that some guys are taking anyway...so even with #4 in play, I'm still playing it more conservatively than some would.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Road Pics
    By mickeycrimm in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 638
    Last Post: 10-12-2021, 09:34 PM
  2. On E. Flamingo Road last night
    By Wynnpleasure775 in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2020, 06:23 AM
  3. Retro Road Trip
    By redietz in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 12-26-2019, 03:59 PM
  4. Progressive Road Map
    By monet in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-30-2018, 01:08 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •