Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gruden Out- Vegas loses-Woke Mob wins again

At least the NFL has wholesome entertainment schedule for the Super Bowl this year.

No one can ever accuse Dr Dre, Eminem or Snoop of using racist or derogatory lyrics in their songs.

Or maybe not….Rain Man

“ Now in the Bible it says
    Thou shall not watch two lesbians in bed,
    Have homosexual sex
    Unless of course you were given the consent to join in
    Then of course, it's intercourse
    And it's bisexual sex
    Which isn't as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions
    Either before, during or after performing the act of that which
    Is normally referred to as such, more commonly known phrases
    That are more used by today's kids
    In a more derogatory way but
    But who's to say, what's fair to say, and what not to say?
    Let's ask Dr. Dre
    Dr. Dre? (What up?)
    I gotta question if I may? (Yeah)
    Is it gay to play Putt-Putt golf with a friend (Yeah)
    And watch his butt-butt when he tees off? (Yeah)
    But, up, I ain't done yet
    In football the quarterback yells out hutt-hutt
    While he reaches in another grown man's ass
    Grabs on his nuts but just what if
    It was never meant it was just an accident
    But he tripped, fell, slipped and his penis went in
    His teeny tiny little round hiney and he didn't mean it
    But his little weenie flinched just a little bit
    And I don't need to go in into any more details but
    What if he pictured it as a female's butt?
    Is that gay? I just need to clear things up”

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    You Faggots are missing the point.
    Raiders wanted out of that 100 Million Dollar Contract.
    Mark Davis probably leaked the emails to the NYT personally.
    I doubt it...depending on the contract, of course, he'd have probably just fired him straight up. Does anyone really think that Jack Del Rio couldn't have assembled the last three seasons?

Also, this is the MOST Jon Gruden way to get fired.

Also, I'd love to put this one on Woke Culture, but the statements about Goddell are getting you fired no matter where you're at. I understand Gruden wasn't coaching at the time, but he was still involved in the game as an analyst.

I just compare these things to the life us peons live...if it's uncovered that you made many derogatory remarks about your CEO/Boss using that sort of language, you're getting fired most places.

My usual cynical take on the Gruden stuff. I'm more interested in how people react to Gruden than what Gruden wrote.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...ate-ships.html

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Also, I'd love to put this one on Woke Culture, but the statements about Goddell are getting you fired no matter where you're at. I understand Gruden wasn't coaching at the time, but he was still involved in the game as an analyst.

I just compare these things to the life us peons live...if it's uncovered that you made many derogatory remarks about your CEO/Boss using that sort of language, you're getting fired most places.
    lol, as if Gruden is the only person associated with the NFL that has said derogatory remarks towards Roger Goodell.
    This New York Post article claims that Goodell is worse than Gruden...

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/roger-...re-jon-gruden/
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/https-...email-scandal/

lol, as if Gruden is the only person associated with the NFL that has said derogatory remarks towards Roger Goodell.
    This New York Post article claims that Goodell is worse than Gruden...

https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/roger-...re-jon-gruden/
    https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/https-...email-scandal/
    Dude, I wipe my ass with any publication that has the word, "New York," in it---the NYT or the Post. I'll get my sports news from websites that only do sports news; I tend to prefer to divorce this from politics as much as can be done, but on that note, let's look at some of the stuff that the post says:

Would they include the steady employment of an Antonio Brown, Pacman Jones and dozens of other recidivist misanthropes? The Jaguars’ hiring of an Urban Meyer, who among other sordid things as a college coach, hired an assistant coach he knew to be a wife-beater?
    For one thing, Brown's legal issues are currently settled. He settled the sexual assault case and pled no contest to the battery case which resulted in probation, community service and having to do anger management. If it was someone of whom the NYP had a favorable opinion, they'd be saying, "He did the crime and he did the time," not letting settled/dead matters go is for Liberals, anyway.

Pac-Man isn't even in the league anymore...is the post too desperate or too lazy to be able to come up with three people who are still actually in the league?

I don't really know anything about the Urban Meyer thing as I don't follow college football.

Why did he allow Jennifer Lopez to become a bump-and-grind pole dancer to the NFL’s largest audience? NFL values?
    Come on. It's 2021. I didn't personally care for the performance, but a little ass-shaking is pretty normal in today's culture. Besides, where is the Post complaining about Kid Rock (questionable lyrics before he decided he's a country singer), and more recently, Madonna?

Where is Goodell’s soulful 2009 testimony pointing to sports gambling as a curse on American family values now that he’s busy selling gambling operations designed to beat fans out of their money?
    What do they want Goddell to do? I'm no fan of Roger Goddell, but he didn't personally overturn PASPA. You have staunch Conservatives who take Government benefits of one kind or another, "Hey, I'd be stupid not to take it," they say---so, given that sports betting is going to be a nationwide thing, why should the NFL not capitalize?

Then they have this article:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/how-do...ing-flip-flop/

And as Goodell has shamelessly allowed the Super Bowl halftime show to become a crotch-grabbing, pole-dancing revue loaded with N-wording rappers — will he read aloud the arrest record of latest invitee Snoop Dogg? —
    Jesus Christ. At least get some original material; that's almost verbatim from the article you linked.

Anyway, Goddell, in his position as Commissioner, has a fiduciary duty to the NFL---so, he can't leave money on the table. Just doing his job on that one.

Furthermore, when it comes to the choice of Super Bowl performers---again, fiduciary duty. Actual football fans are watching for the game, anyway, so Goddell (and, it's questionable whether or not he even personally reaches out to the performers) has a duty to choose Halftime performers that are going to maximize viewership. Essentially, you have to appeal to people who are ONLY really going to tune in and/or pay attention for the halftime show.

What do you want-that they trot a 79 year old Paul McCartney out there? Also, why would the Post be so offended by these people with no mention of artists such as Eminem or Lady Gaga? That's curious. What do Eminem and Lady Gaga have in common that the other ones mentioned do not have in common with them?

Also, if you look at the demographics, fan demos (by age) trend relatively balanced:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-football-age/

Thus, while people in your age range might not be fans of the performances, and people such as myself (because I don't care for the musical genre) are not going to care for the performances---we're both watching for the games, anyway. Another thing when you look at the 18-34 demo is that you're looking at a demo that might potentially be watching NFL games for the next 50-60 years, which you won't be doing because you'll almost certainly be dead by then and I will probably be dead sixty years from now, but maybe not fifty.

We're also not in the age bracket that generally buys the merch.

So, you go with this wide range of musical performers for a very clear reason, you've at least got to get people to check out the NFL's product, particularly in the younger demos, that might not check it out otherwise.

I'd think a Conservative publication would have some understanding of how business works, but I guess not.
    Last edited by Mission146; 10-19-2021 at 07:12 AM.

I should also mention that a quick scan of previous NYP articles having to do with PASPA (shortly before or shortly after the repeal) are either in favor or neutral as relates the decision to strike PASPA down.

That comes as no surprise considering that the only two Justices to fully dissent the decision made also happen to be the two MOST LIBERAL Justices and the fact that NYP all but acknowledged that they share the opinion that PASPA is Unconstitutional.

In effect, they're talking out of both sides of their mouth in their assessment that Goodell (who, again, has a fiduciary duty to the NFL) is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

I should also mention that a quick scan of previous NYP articles having to do with PASPA (shortly before or shortly after the repeal) are either in favor or neutral as relates the decision to strike PASPA down.

That comes as no surprise considering that the only two Justices to fully dissent the decision made also happen to be the two MOST LIBERAL Justices and the fact that NYP all but acknowledged that they share the opinion that PASPA is Unconstitutional.

In effect, they're talking out of both sides of their mouth in their assessment that Goodell (who, again, has a fiduciary duty to the NFL) is talking out of both sides of his mouth.
    You really went into a Full Analysis.
    Truth be told, I didn't read the articles so I was pretty lost in your response.
    I don't even remember the topic or what we were discussing.
    I was probably just being sarcastic as usual.
    I think my point was that if you search anyone's past you are going to find whatever you need to destroy them.

You really went into a Full Analysis.
    Truth be told, I didn't read the articles so I was pretty lost in your response.
    I don't even remember the topic or what we were discussing.
    I was probably just being sarcastic as usual.
    I think my point was that if you search anyone's past you are going to find whatever you need to destroy them.

Agreed. We've turned into a society of people who think the number following them while they play act for the cameras matters, all the while feigning Disney values. A Stepford society, where something less than perfect righteousness disqualifies you for most things.

Next up, of course, and we're already in it, will be paying for privacy every step you take.

Thread Information