I mentioned in another thread that I had a very strange Monday. I bet more on Monday than I have any day in two years, and none of those games were underdogs (I take many more underdogs than faves). I didn't take these teams because I really liked the games. I took them because the lines had to move, in my opinion.

So tonight the first one goes off. I'll report how they do. I have Coastal -3 (-120) for a full normal wager, then I bought back 60% of the wager on Appalachian State +6 (-120). This will likely be a series of asymmetric middle shots, so we'll see how much money I blow this week trying to hit one. Most will be slanted to the original wager.

Appalachian State, by the way, is a short drive from here, over the proverbial hill and dale. They call their defense "The Legion of Boone," which is a take-off on the old Seahawks defense "Legion of Boom" moniker blended with the fact the town is Boone, NC. Being a comic book buff, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that both have their origin in The Legion of Doom, which is a DC comics super-villain group.

I don't normally post plays, but this was a very strange week with some odd opening lines that really had to move, so it'll be an interesting thing to follow. I cannot believe after Appalachian State was drilled by Louisiana a week ago that this line didn't open a tad higher. I would have frankly put the line at -6 to start. Yeah, perhaps -5 1/2.

Coastal is a mean bunch, and if they get a chance to tag on a late score, they generally go out of their way to do it.