Well, it took me all season, but I cracked the leaderboard of the Northbet College Football Contest. The contest is a forced-choice contest where Northbet picks 12 games each week and you must make a selection on each. I finished tied for sixth last season. Currently I am tied for 15th with a couple of weeks left.

In years past, Northbet had a couple thousand people in the contest, but they have instituted deposit and play rules, so the number of entrants is under a thousand.

I have made horrible last minute decisions this year on lineup changes. I've changed six games at the last second due to line moves or me just changing my mind, and four of them have lost. That cost me a lot in the standings.

November is not my strong suit in college football, so this may be my high water mark for the year. But it takes some skill to handicap a high volume of games not of your choosing and consistently do well. That's why they pay me the big money, or at least some danishes and coffee at Caesars Palace.