Originally Posted by regnis View Post
Great shirt!!!!
I remember that shirt! Had many of them!

My favorite contest perks stories:

1) I did not know her then, but my current significant other assisted the sports book manager at Excalibur at the time, especially with marketing. So Excalibur had its football contest, tied in with other properties, that offered really nice sweatshirts for every contest sign-up. I wound up with about 20 of them. Just one problem -- signing people up for football contests in July and August in Las Vegas by offering heavy, nice sweatshirts -- who the heck is going to wear them? As a way to promote the property or the contest, the heavy sweatshirts are wasted in July/August. She tried to talk the manager out of it many times, but he loved the sweatshirts (which were very nice) so much that he stuck to his plan.

2) I have my Castaways sweater from the original Castaways contest, which featured a 1K entrance fee back in the 80's and picking every NFL game against the spread. Technically, it wasn't mine -- I was just handling getting the picks in for a guy from New York, but I kept it as a perk. The Castaways was the predecessor to the LVHilton contest.

3) I still have maybe a dozen Barbary Coast hats. You got a hat for every entry, I think. The original ones were actually quite nice.