Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey, Rob, Get the Ball Rolling

Mission is a true Yankee, going out of his way to shit on the south, America’s punching bag for 160 years. Well done.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Red you know what it means when you turn to making fun of what someone looks like whenever you disagree with them. The cancel culture ideology doesn't work. BTW if you're still lost in your past, if you ever meet me you'll see I'm still the 200 pound guy I was in 1995 who was and is in near perfect shape. You don't see many fat slobs at the gun range every week.That takes work within that age range. And if you're worried about your hair or lack thereof then you're uncomfortable with who you are.

I wore that Tommy Bahama shirt in honor of my interviewer. It was a freebie at a Harrah's LV giveaway and since Alan was a regular investor in the Harrah's Corporation, I thought I'd show him what appreciation I had.

No, Rob, you got me wrong on this. I'm not making fun of you. I just think it's weird that Alan, who has oodles of television experience, wouldn't have suggested some wardrobe. I think it was a weird dynamic with him NOT suggesting wardrobe choices. Tommy Bahama is a higher end brand (I have one shirt and a pair of pants from Belk on big-time sale), but some of their stuff is a little attention-diverting. I stick to tans. You look a bit like one of those retired Italian entrepreneurs, many of whom stayed at the Convention Center Lodge with me back in the 80's. While it's true that dons don't wear shorts, many others do.

Sports bettors are notorious for looking like shit all the time (kind of like poker players). As I said previously, I probably looked better for pics and interviews than most sports bettors, but banging around town, my rule of thumb was the more I was carrying, the worse I appeared.

Before I switched to writing at Penn State, I spent two years as a journalism major, and it is true that wearing a distraction serves little purpose when on camera, unless there's a specific reason, like a theme. For example, I have a collection of gear I'll be wearing on camera that looks worse than what you're wearing from a distraction standpoint, but it serves a theme purpose -- namely Las Vegas retro.

Performance over appearance, Rob. I was just surprised that Alan didn't play wardrobe consultant.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I had to stop listening at about 4 minutes in when Rob started to say something about the machine telepathing to him .. lol,,

Props for doing it with a straight face though.

Damn Chinese prison machines. Can't win shit on them if it's a holiday weekend...lmao

The machine telepathy line is a winner.

I've run into this in sports on occasion. The paranormal abilities that enable people to circumvent established math. Boz may remember these:

If you go way back to the first Sports Illustrated back page feature on Danny Sheridan (aka Schachter) circa 1972 or thereabouts (I have it here somewhere), he claims to go walking around football fields at night the evening before games, when his selections "come to him." Sheridan claimed, in that article, to have hit 80-some percent for an entire season. He managed to fool SI by getting a local reporter to say it was true. But then the details of the alleged verification came to light, and it was all a bit of a trick. Anyway, there was that, and then there was a mailer from Mike Warren's relative who said he "had the gift." That must not have gone over well, as "the gift" was never mentioned in any ads I saw after that one time.

All of the paranormal abilities tend to vanish when spotlights are shone. There's even a name for this, the "shyness effect." Pro-psi guys trot out "the shyness effect" as some kind of explanation rather than the clear "He or she can't do this shit" evidence.

Rob, of course, has constructed a narrative wherein every off-the-wall idiotic line he ever uttered is covered by his "hiding the double up bug." Basically, it's a free pass on 20 years of internet bullshit.

I am working on the same kind of thing to explain all my losses over 40 years. It goes something like this:

I have many losing weeks and the occasional losing year to hide the fact that I'm precognitive. So any time I lost a contest or had a bad year, it's all in service of keeping my genius and abilities under wraps. All you poor saps who have criticized my occasional terrible, awful plays have actually been the idiots because all this time, I've known every result in advance.

Thread Information