I have always argued against stop limits. Usually, it is in the context of a negative expectation player, like the former owner of this forum or even the tall tale telling Newell guy, who think stop limits, win limits or loss limits change anything as for as expectation. These folks always think stop limit changes a -Ev game to +Ev somehow.

The fact is whatever is going to happen the next round you play, next session, next day you play is going to happen, whether that play, round, session occurs in 2 minutes or 2 months. You aren't changing anything!

So that said, , I am stopping my play for the year, a very good year, after a significant winning play of the last couple weeks...in part to preserve a real nice year. Hey THAT sounds a lot like a stop limit!

There may be a touch of voodoo-ism thinking in there, but I usually quit for the year just after the Rodeo comes to town (which starts tomorrow) and now am choosing to do so just a wee bit early. Call it voodoo, but after last year horrendous in so many way, my blackjack/AP results included, I want to book this real nice year for me. I don't think I am changing any future results by stopping a bit early and that is the real voodoo-ism behind stop limits. But anyone thinking I am dipping into voodoo territory or being hypocritical of my stop limit position...feel free.

What do you think Maxpen, mickey, even my old friend BoSox and a couple other real players that I respect? Whimpy? voodoo, anti-Ap thinking?