Thread: Tornadoes

Well, from my perspective, this does belong in "Politics."

Because it highlights everything wrong with capitalism in the U.S.

Twenty-five years ago, I was in Clarksville, TN when a middle-of-the-night tornado ripped through the downtown about a mile from my house. About a half mile north, other smaller tornadoes blasted through Fort Campbell. The downtown tornado sheered a church off at the eight foot high mark and destroyed the large town clock building. Just wrecked the downtown. Incredibly, because the downtown tornado hit non-residential areas during the night, nobody died.

With serious middle-of-night tornadoes in the forecast, how could factories in Illinois and Kentucky keep people working on third shift? What sense did that make? And why would people actually show up for work when the forecast clearly predicted a string of serious wind events? Do you mean the factories couldn't just shut down for 24 hours until the front passed through? It's insane to have people actually working in those buildings.

What they say is true, by the way. A tornado in the middle of the night sounds like a train coming. Even a mile away, the big one in Clarksville sounded like a train maybe 50 or 100 yards away.

Red, you can’t shut down factories overnight, when else are they supposed to release the air pollution without most people noticing. Why would people show up? They’re factory workers, they don’t see an alternative, the alternative would be working at McDonald’s or something like that not even worth working at all.

Anyways, you’re being weird again with the anti-capitalism, have to agree with Rob for once.
    Last edited by mcap; 12-11-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Q: Why are tornadoes like a gold digger?

A: Both start with blowing and a sucking and before you know it you've lost your house and everything you own.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

What they say is true, by the way. A tornado in the middle of the night sounds like a train coming. Even a mile away, the big one in Clarksville sounded like a train maybe 50 or 100 yards away.
    So it was The last train to Clarksville. Seems appropriate with the recent death of Michael Nesmith.

Perhaps if your Government Officials would stop manipulating the weather these things wouldn't happen.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Well, from my perspective, this does belong in "Politics."

Because it highlights everything wrong with capitalism in the U.S.

Twenty-five years ago, I was in Clarksville, TN when a middle-of-the-night tornado ripped through the downtown about a mile from my house. About a half mile north, other smaller tornadoes blasted through Fort Campbell. The downtown tornado sheered a church off at the eight foot high mark and destroyed the large town clock building. Just wrecked the downtown. Incredibly, because the downtown tornado hit non-residential areas during the night, nobody died.

With serious middle-of-night tornadoes in the forecast, how could factories in Illinois and Kentucky keep people working on third shift? What sense did that make? And why would people actually show up for work when the forecast clearly predicted a string of serious wind events? Do you mean the factories couldn't just shut down for 24 hours until the front passed through? It's insane to have people actually working in those buildings.

Yes, an extremely egregious act caused by captialism. Much much worse than the famines caused by communism where millions starved to death.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information