Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Reid International Airport -- a disgraceful name

Regardless what you think of that racist McCarran guy, the right move was NOT to name the airport after corrupt Harry Reid.

But that's exactly what they did, and on Tuesday, 12/14/21, it will become official: https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/de...national-airp/

Why not just call it Las Vegas International Airport?

Reid was long suspected of taking bribes throughout his tenure as Senator. Most recently, he was believed to have asked for and received a bribe $1 million from then-#2 online poker site Full Tilt, in order to support federal legalization of online poker. Convicted telemarketing scammer (and online gambling payment processor) Jeremy Johnson was the facilitator of the bribe. He recorded the session where he was asked to do it by a third party. Shortly after the money was deposited into an offshore account, Reid suddenly switched his position from "against" to "for" legalization of online poker.

The state of Utah, where this took place, wanted to investigate, but Eric Holder and the corrupt feds blocked them the entire way. This isn't just conspiracy nonsense. The Salt Lake Tribune and other SLC-area newspapers covered it extensively.

Fuck Harry Reid.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I think Reid fought hard to prevent Nevada from becoming the designated dumping ground for our nation's nuclear waste.

Yucca seems the most suitable spot; hell, that shit needs to go somewhere, why not bum-fuck Nevada?
    What, Me Worry?

I hated Reid as a politician.

But I was told a story in the late nineties by an old professional gambler about how he contacted Harry Reid about the snatch games in the poker rooms in the 70's. The dealers were instructed to snatch as much money out of the pot as they could when dealing to suckers. Those in the know used to joke "You had to win the pot to break even." There was a story about Johnny Moss betting a female dealer of his at the Dunes could steal a whole pot before she got off shift.

They didn't have the drop boxes back then. The rake went into the box.

Anyways, this old gambler told me that he secretly met with Reid, who was Chairman of the Gaming Commission at the time, at Reid's home and explained the snatch games to him. Reid instituted the drop boxes, and the chips raked having to be shown until the hand was over, at which time the dealer would pull the lever to drop the chips in the drop box. And they had to advertise how much the rake was.

Reid was good for poker at the time but like I said, he became a nasty politician.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Millions of travelers from around the would go there and now just to make it more confusing, they name the airport after a clown. Las Vegas International Airport sounds so much better and the name has a purpose.

Another political screw up based on emotions.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I think Reid fought hard to prevent Nevada from becoming the designated dumping ground for our nation's nuclear waste.

Yucca seems the most suitable spot; hell, that shit needs to go somewhere, why not bum-fuck Nevada?
    Downtown Portland seems like the right place nowadays.

McCarran Boulevard completely circumscribes the city of Reno.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Fuck Harry Reid.

Besides being a corrupt piece of shit politician who ran blocker for everything Obama, the last thing I recall about Harry was getting the shit beat out of him by his exercise bands. Personally, I don't believe that story. For me it was more human involvement than rubber bands, but either way it was so deserved and bonus, he didn't seek reelection the next year.

Reid is a corrupt POS but love him or hate him, he was a US Senator. Naming an airport after him in a town he basically owned one way or another and remains revered by many influencial folks there is simply part of the game. It says a lot about the problems in that city.

Dan you offer a lot of opinions and allegations on a number of subjects. But it is your right to hate.

The unions kept Reid in power.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

It's not nice to speak ill of the dead.

I guess it's OK to piss on their grave so long as no one else is watching.
    What, Me Worry?

Name:  5zdars.gif
Views: 272
Size:  37.6 KB

Can we rename the airport again?
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    It's not nice to speak ill of the dead.

I guess it's OK to piss on their grave so long as no one else is watching.
    Isn’t a one of us, regardless of all the good we did (or even if we didn’t), that won’t have someone that won’t speak ill of us when dead. In your case V, I’m thinking many of the settlements you made had one party wishing you dead. In just as many you got the other party justice for what they deserved.

In mine I fired so many lazy pieces of shit over the years that had every excuse in the world why they couldn’t show up for work on time. I also started many of the path to owning their own businesses and financed a few that would have never been able to get conventional financing.

Think of that multiplied for the tens of thousands Harry fucked over. The world is a better place without Harry Reid in it. I’m sure more than a few feel the same about you and I.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mercedes-...221418887.html

Who gives a shit about some name on an airport?
    The big news is China throwing down the hammer on slant eyed advertisement.
    First Three Squirrel and now Mercedes Benz.
    Slant Eyed Noodles Good!
    Just ask Red.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally Posted by The Boz
    Isn’t a one of us, regardless of all the good we did (or even if we didn’t), that won’t have someone that won’t speak ill of us when dead. In your case V, I’m thinking many of the settlements you made had one party wishing you dead.
    Probably, but I went out of my way to be reasonably cordial and "fair" in my practice, unlike some attorneys who constantly need to look over their shoulder.

While I've had 3 or 4 bar complaints they were all determined to be unfounded and not true.

I've never been sued for malpractice.

But yeah, I know some folks will not shed a tear at my passing, and in a way that's a good thing: it means I actually accomplished something in my life, I made a difference.
    What, Me Worry?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/activist-...213031963.html

Activist group calls for awards boycott of 'Licorice Pizza' over its 'egregious mocking of Asians'

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/activist-...213031963.html

Activist group calls for awards boycott of 'Licorice Pizza' over its 'egregious mocking of Asians'
    Makes me want to see it.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/403011e...d-b1d2efcf04e9

This artwork should inspire tableplay.
    I'd play this pinball version if they made it.
    After all the backlash I need a bootleg version of the movie so I can infect my computer with more viruses.
    And Bradley Cooper as Jon Peters is intriguing.
    Jon Peters is/was a beast!
    Hard to go wrong with a Paul Thomas Anderson movie no matter how bad the user reviews are.

Jurgensen said Anderson shot Licorice Pizza on 35mm film, already a rarity in 2021 Hollywood; 70mm prints are blown up from 35.
    Bauman said he screened film dailies every day, like filmmakers would have done to review their footage in the '70s before video playback became widespread.
    Shooting a movie on Film is a big plus to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 12-29-2021 at 06:24 PM.

After all the backlash I need a bootleg version of the movie so I can infect my computer with more viruses.
    Hard to go wrong with a Paul Thomas Anderson movie no matter how bad the user reviews are.

Jurgensen said Anderson shot Licorice Pizza on 35mm film, already a rarity in 2021 Hollywood; 70mm prints are blown up from 35.
    Bauman said he screened film dailies every day, like filmmakers would have done to review their footage in the '70s before video playback became widespread.
    The person who did the artwork is not a pinball player. He or she thinks the credit reel (which shows 2 games can be played after the current game is over or 2 games left if no game is currently in play on the Licorice Pizza backglass) is the balls left remaining for the player as indicated by the text above the credit box on Licorice Pizza. Here is an annotated example of a real backglass:
    Name:  E0FxO14.png
Views: 219
Size:  928.4 KB

Went to see Nightmare Alley with Bradley Cooper last week. Enjoyed the movie, as 1 of 3 customers in the theater. Definitely a financial flop as much of his stuff has been the past few years other than A Star is Born.

My thoughts are each flop he makes brings up one day closer to Hangover 4 which he said he would never make.

Thread Information