Thread: Eagles over/under

Things are getting weird with the Eagles over/under now. Need over 6.5 wins. Currently at 6 with 4 games remaining. 2 against Washington, 1 Giants, ! cowboys who may be resting players last game of season. Seems like good shape.

But here are the problems cropping up Jalen Hurts injury seems more problematic than the Eagles has let on and despite that Gardner Minshew was able to win a game against the Jets, there are no more Jet's games on the schedule. Best chance to win is with Jalen Hurts although he is not any long-term answer at QB.

And Now Washington has 18 players currently in Covid protocol as of yesterday. Probably more will be added today. There have been no games canceled or moved around in the NFL this year like there were last year, but something has to give here. Are you really going to ask a team down 18, or probably 20 or more by today players, to play with scrubs and practice squad players??

I suspect the game will be the first to at least be moved back a couple days to Monday or Tuesday in the hopes of allowing Washington to get a few players back. If that is not enough, who knows?

Just getting a little weird and hairy.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Things are getting weird with the Eagles over/under now. Need over 6.5 wins. Currently at 6 with 4 games remaining. 2 against Washington, 1 Giants, ! cowboys who may be resting players last game of season. Seems like good shape.

But here are the problems cropping up Jalen Hurts injury seems more problematic than the Eagles has let on and despite that Gardner Minshew was able to win a game against the Jets, there are no more Jet's games on the schedule. Best chance to win is with Jalen Hurts although he is not any long-term answer at QB.

And Now Washington has 18 players currently in Covid protocol as of yesterday. Probably more will be added today. There have been no games canceled or moved around in the NFL this year like there were last year, but something has to give here. Are you really going to ask a team down 18, or probably 20 or more by today players, to play with scrubs and practice squad players??

I suspect the game will be the first to at least be moved back a couple days to Monday or Tuesday in the hopes of allowing Washington to get a few players back. If that is not enough, who knows?

You and I discussed this before the season and I have a decent amount on this as well but really am not concerned at this point. But we both know nothing is a winner until the ticket is cashed. That said, I’m sure you can find plenty of buyers of your tickets. 😀😀 And worst case they lose the next 3, there would possibly be an opportunity to hedge on the Dallas game depending on the ML. Hopefully it doesn’t get that far before they win one more game.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

You and I discussed this before the season and I have a decent amount on this as well but really am not concerned at this point. But we both know nothing is a winner until the ticket is cashed. That said, I’m sure you can find plenty of buyers of your tickets. ���� And worst case they lose the next 3, there would possibly be an opportunity to hedge on the Dallas game depending on the ML. Hopefully it doesn’t get that far before they win one more game.
    Yes I know you do. A couple times I have mentioned the wager during the season, I have said there is another member here that has the same wager. I didn't feel it was my place to say who.

I think we are still in great shape. I was expecting wins against the Giants and jets in back to back games at the Meadowlands was going to put us over the top before the Eagles bye, but they laid a clunker of an egg against the Giants. Still in great shape though.

When we spoke before the season, I laid out the wins I thought. I was expecting between 8 to 10 wins. It didn't work out exactly how I though (never does) losing a couple games I had marked as wins and winning a couple I didn't expect, but I still think 8-9 wins is a real possibility.

The reason the Eagles bet over 6.5 was a good bet is because 1. ) because they play in a really bad division. The cowboys better than last year, but still you start off with 4 very winnable games. In addition to your 6 division games, every team plays one division from the other conference. Those games are set and rotate every 4 years I guess. But it is the remaining games, 7 this year with the 17 game schedule that are the real advantage of the bet. because the Eagles finished last in their division, those 7 games are weighted heavily towards teams with a bad record last season. That means the Eagles drew Detroit and the Jets, SF, Atlanta, Carolina. all winnable games and in fact they did win 4 of the 5. THAT is why it was always a really good bet. Less to do with the Eagles and more with how the sceduling works. Division winners get a harder schedule, division losers an easier schedule.

Good luck to both of us this week.

I wouldn't worry about Minshew. The line won't vary based on who's at QB, so that says they are considered of equal value.

I think you guys are in. You can't ask for a better scenario than Washington loaded with covid.

If you want to open dinner money teasers each game on the opponent, that's not a terrible idea (assuming you can keep the teasers open awhile). But I really can't see you guys losing.

Excellent wagers. Really top notch. Congrats.

I'm in a bad spot with some LMS contests and have to choose between the Eagles and 49ers this week. I will probably save the Eagles for a different game and keep my fingers crossed on SF.

The league is going to wind up deciding who goes to the playoffs by making calls on who gets postponed and who must play down 18 guys. It'll get worse every week, so it'll be a mess.

I don't have a ton invested in LMS's, but it's still about six hundred bucks, and I'd hate to get eliminated at this stage because games get canceled and I have no other teams left to use. But that could easily happen, and it'll be my fault for entering the damned things. I honestly thought covid would explode about a month ago, but it's happening right on normal schedule -- three weeks incubation after Thanksgiving, just like last year.

Can you guys explain to me what is mentally wrong with Singer? Does he really not get that Playbook had my games in it for decades, with my name and phone or email address? What is wrong with him?

If you two get a chance, check out my old site via the Wayback link in the other thread. That site was as dry and precise and Dragnet as it could possibly be. How could any sane human being think I was making any of that up? Especially someone in Las Vegas at the time, where "Tipsters or Gypsters?" was published and the Playbook newsletter was pretty much on every newsstand.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Can you guys explain to me what is mentally wrong with Singer? Does he really not get that Playbook had my games in it for decades, with my name and phone or email address? What is wrong with him?

If you two get a chance, check out my old site via the Wayback link in the other thread. That site was as dry and precise and Dragnet as it could possibly be. How could any sane human being think I was making any of that up? Especially someone in Las Vegas at the time, where "Tipsters or Gypsters?" was published and the Playbook newsletter was pretty much on every newsstand.
    Your always promoting yourself Comrade. If I had a dollar every time you mentioned Tipsters or Gypsters, well you know...

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Your always promoting yourself Comrade. If I had a dollar every time you mentioned Tipsters or Gypsters, well you know...

Well, here's the existential questions for you, Ozzy. Is it promoting when nothing is gained by doing it? Or is it telling the truth? If telling the truth promotes oneself, should one abstain from telling the truth?

Well, here's the existential questions for you, Ozzy. Is it promoting when nothing is gained by doing it? Or is it telling the truth? If telling the truth promotes oneself, should one abstain from telling the truth?
    Weird. Just plain weird.

Glad I'm inside you're head--it certainly has enough room. But you STILL choose not to want to get it. You can deflect and direct people to as many obscure pamphlets as you like, but what you've been told too many times is, if your claims about being some kind of sports betting guru/expert holds any water at all, instead of telling everyone to "go here and go there" JUST POST A LINK TO THE SITE!! And prove the picks were yours!

This is the internet age red. Even old, out-of-shape men like you are able to produce online evidence.

The reason he refuses to ever post his picks prior to the games being played is because he buys his picks for these tournaments from the real experts. If they win, he tries to divert all inquiries rather than post anything clear about his deception.

Pure gold.

Sorry Rob and Ozzy, I’m with RED here not that means much. The guy is legit in what he does and it’s documented what he does. Not many of us can say that but it’s generally accepted that certain people know what they are talking about when it comes to their particular area. RED knows his stuff in the sports handicapping world and has the history to back it up. How much money he makes from it I have no clue but he has made it his livelihood for over 4 decades which isn’t a bad life in my book.

As for posting picks, what would he have to gain from that? Any sports gambling is trying to hit mid 50% winners at best, why deal with cynical people harping on every loser and every losing streak, which will happen. And as has been said before many times, who has he tried to sell picks to on these forums? Look at the grief he is getting for the Cincinnati future bet that quite possibly won’t make him much money and still can be a net loser if they beat Alabama with his hedges.

And on the buying picks from the “real experts”, can you kindly direct me to these experts? I’m always open for easy money from these guys who RED is buying picks from just to do semi good in tournaments that don’t pay the bills.

Boz,

Check out my LineMasters Results thread. The girlfriend pulled off the impossible. Again.

If I were buying picks from anyone, it would be her. People were signing up for LineMasters and just putting in random picks so they could see who she took each week (the games are posted an hour before kickoff on Saturday).

Washington QB Heinicke was added to the covid list. That means their 1st string QB is out for the season and the 2nd and 3rd can't play because of covid. Yesterday they signed Garrent Gilbert who will start this week. Who? lol Earlier in the week they had signed Jordon Ta'amu who last played for the St Louis Battlehawks of the XFL.

While this is all good news for the Eagles and my over 6.5 wins bet, expecting both Washington and Cleveland Browns to field competitive teams with 20 players on the covid list is not right. This is a must win game for both teams and they have to field a team of scrubs and practice squad players. I don't know what the answer is, but this just isn't right.

Washington QB Heinicke was added to the covid list. That means their 1st string QB is out for the season and the 2nd and 3rd can't play because of covid. Yesterday they signed Garrent Gilbert who will start this week. Who? lol Earlier in the week they had signed Jordon Ta'amu who last played for the St Louis Battlehawks of the XFL.

While this is all good news for the Eagles and my over 6.5 wins bet, expecting both Washington and Cleveland Browns to field competitive teams with 20 players on the covid list is not right. This is a must win game for both teams and they have to field a team of scrubs and practice squad players. I don't know what the answer is, but this just isn't right.
    It's not right, and I think I have to switch my LMS from SF to the Eagles. Glad I can do that.

The NFL is a mess. They were allowing vaccinated players without symptoms to not be tested. That's ridiculous. Vaccination has minimal effect on virus load, so an infected vaccinated player, symptoms or not, spreads virus as much as an unvaccinated one. They put in that rule about vaccinated skipping tests just so they could avoid testing and ruling people out.

Well, now it's working against them. The vaccinated folks are spreading the virus.

Tuesday Football! How exciting. lol

Tuesday Football! How exciting. lol
    Well, since games played on Tuesday are disallowed in my LMS contests, I guess I'm back to SF. Some poor LMS bastards are going to get eliminated just because games were moved. I knew this was coming, but I expected it a month ago and not this many players all at once.

Sonny Jurgensen is next up.

Thread Information