Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: My apologies to Rob Singer

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

The attack occurred in South Carolina after they seceeded not in the United States.
    South Carolina was not recognized, though the matter of recognizing them was fairly on the table. Instead, they went off half-cocked and attacked U.S. holdings, mostly with arms that were provided to them by Northern industry.
    South Carolina did not need recognition from the Union. Nothing but hubris to think they did.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

There was no treason. It was a legal separation. You pansies got your ass kicked in practically every battle.
    Yeah, until we used your tactics better than you did.
    You had five times the population of the south. It took you pansies 4 years and cost you 360,000 lives. You lost almost every battle. You won because the south ran out ammunition, rations and manpower.
    Their overwhelming disadvantage in munitions and manpower is something they might have considered before firing the first shots of the war. It's not our fault that Southerners were idiots.

South Carolina did not need recognition from the Union. Nothing but hubris to think they did.
    Of course they needed to be recognized! There's a slight difference between quitting a job and quitting a country!

Their overwhelming disadvantage in munitions and manpower is something they might have considered before firing the first shots of the war. It's not our fault that Southerners were idiots.
    I suspect that the South had hoped to turn to Great Britain for munitions and other necessities, trading cotton and other products for same.

Oops ... hello, blockades.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I suspect that the South had hoped to turn to Great Britain for munitions and other necessities, trading cotton and other products for same.

Half-cocked, once again. Be recognized as a sovereign and actually establish your alliances before you count on them in times of war, next time around.

Of course they needed to be recognized! There's a slight difference between quitting a job and quitting a country!
    nope. didn't need recognition from anyone. Thats just yankee authoritarian thinking. Are you still clinging to the delusion that yankees weren't racist?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Because of the isolation on farms southerners didn't have much resistance to disease and the blockades kept out valuable medical supplies like quinine. For every confederate killed in action two died of sickness/disease. In the battles there were more than two yankees killed for every confederate.

Because of the isolation on farms southerners didn't have much resistance to disease and the blockades kept out valuable medical supplies like quinine. For every confederate killed in action two died of sickness/disease. In the battles there were more than two yankees killed for every confederate.
    Let me explain this in terms you will comprehend, or should, even better than I would: War is a bet. It’s a gamble. When you engage in a war, you hope to achieve an ends better than would be had if one had not entered the war.

You can be at either an advantage or a disadvantage in War, much like gambling. With that, you must decide if you are at an expected value for your cause.

The Southern entities, as relates slavery, were going to be operating with the expectation of losing no matter what, but instead of playing Video Keno, they instead decided to play the lottery. When playing at such a mathematical disadvantage, a disadvantage you have maintained existed, in fact, the expected value was very much negative and the expected result was to lose, which they did.

Or, look at the Civil War as a chess game where the North got to start with more pawns, and perhaps a few other high value pieces…whichever metaphor you prefer. Perhaps the South captured/killed more pawns than the North, but of what consequence is it when the North, by itself, had more than sufficient material to occupy the entire board?

Does might make right? I would think so, if the cause is to end slavery, even as a secondary cause…but as a pragmatic matter, might wins in the end, either way.

nope. didn't need recognition from anyone. Thats just yankee authoritarian thinking. Are you still clinging to the delusion that yankees weren't racist?
    IÂ’ve acknowledged that the North was racist and that there are still many, to this day.

And, weÂ’ve ventured far from a discussion on organized religion, besides.

Sherman himself was racist, which IÂ’m surprised youÂ’ve yet to point out.

Anyway, none of that is relevant to the fact that the South could have seceded in a defensible way. A way that, having exhausted all other options available to them, War was the only alternative.

Myself, I also see War as a measure of last resort. But, if forced to War, I see valor in carrying it out completely and without favor or regard to any amongst the enemy number.

Merry Christmas to all of you motherfuckers and all of you Rebel-sympathizing irredeemable bastards. Each and every one of you make America, America...a land where we can all enjoy the privilege of almost never worrying where our next meal is coming from and having opinions and viewpoints that are almost totally one-sided, ridiculous and borderline indefensible...including my own!

May the blessings of Tom Brady be upon every one of you sons of bitches.
    Last edited by Mission146; 12-24-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Please rise for our National Anthem:

Justice will be served and the battle will rage,
    This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage;
    And you'll be sorry that you messed with, '
    The U S of Aaaaaaaaa;
    'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass,
    It's the American way!

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name,
    At the top of his list;
    And the Statue of Liberty,
    Started shakin' her fist;
    And the eagle will fly,
    It's gonna be hell,
    When you hear Mother Freedom,
    Start ringin' her bell;
    And it'll feel like the whole wide world,
    Is rainin' down on you;
    Brought to you courtesy---of the red, white and blue!

Merry Christmas to all of you motherfuckers and all of you Rebel-sympathizing irredeemable bastards. Each and every one of you make America, America...a land where we can all enjoy the privilege of almost never worrying where our next meal is coming from and having opinions and viewpoints that are almost totally one-sided, ridiculous and borderline indefensible...including my own!

May the blessings of Tom Brady be upon every one of you sons of bitches.
    Fight'n the system like a Two Modern Day Robin Hood!!

Yeeeeeeee-Hooo!

And yes, I've been there a couple of times.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

That explains why you need to lie about yourself so often.

Almost every black in this country is a racist. They finally figured out that intimidating white rich guys leads to guaranteed over-abundant presence in tv shows, movies, and tv commercials, where they depict nearly every white gal prefers a darkie and nearly every white guy loves rough and prickly dark meat. But nowhere is it ever mentioned that blacks, making up just 14% of the population, are 65% of prison populations.

Once again, The Undeniable Truth.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post

That explains why you need to lie about yourself so often.

Almost every black in this country is a racist. They finally figured out that intimidating white rich guys leads to guaranteed over-abundant presence in tv shows, movies, and tv commercials, where they depict nearly every white gal prefers a darkie and nearly every white guy loves rough and prickly dark meat. But nowhere is it ever mentioned that blacks, making up just 14% of the population, are 65% of prison populations.

Once again, The Undeniable Truth.
    Except, of course, it's undeniably wrong. God, correcting Singer on Christmas Day. Consider it a gift.

Rob may be confusing/conflating/misreading a common chart from 2010 from the U.S. census. On that chart, blacks (comprising 13% of the population) are shown via census to comprise 40% (not 65%) of prison populations in 2010.

Now Rob may consider 40% and 65% the same number, but we math geeks consider them slightly different. It's possible Rob sloppily misread the chart and mistook the 64% of the U.S. population that is white for a black-incarcerated figure. Not sure how he could make that error, but eggnog can have strange effects.

By 2018, meanwhile, according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, black males were 34% of the total U.S. prison population.

Rob may also consider 34% and 65% as roughly the same number, but some people do not.

The arguments about arrests versus incarceration are fascinating. By 23 years of age, 49% of black, 44% of Hispanic, and 38% of white males have been arrested. That means that whites either get arrested for much less serious crimes, or there is differential sentencing, or both.

And for the record, I was bad as teen, but since then, I've gone clean as evidenced by my record -- 17 arrests and no convictions.

Note: None of these statistics are hiding anywhere. Just google them and verify the numbers. Reminds me of Rob with his "no gambling writer ever got an advance" nonsense, followed up by his more specific but still wrong "no first-time gambling writer ever got an advance" nonsense. People can look this stuff up by pressing a couple of buttons, so it's weird that he just spouts things that can be disproven in ten seconds.
    Last edited by redietz; 12-25-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information