Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My apologies to Rob Singer

Turns out Jesus is White.
    Civ VI Cartoon MODs don't lie!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Solace in the darkness is for pussies and is a denial of the most likely case. Life is meaninglessness followed by non-existence. When you die, it is forever.

Intellectual virtue is not to deny reality, but rather, to find peace within its confines and implications.

I have read that we are all made in God's image. I have no idea what she may look like. But assuming her son Jesus (is that pronounced Hey-sus) bears some resemblance and I am in that image, being white, medium height, slight built, makes sense to me.

Now I am told Monet has a problem with a statement I previously made about Jesus being gay. While I don't believe they put labels on everything like we do, Jesus loved all people. And being that he took the form of a man, surely had natural urges. Loved ALL people. Natural urges. So let me change my previous statement from "gay" to "bisexual", although again, these are our labels. And to that, I am truly in God's image, loving ALL people, just some genders more than others.

Since 51% or there abouts of the earth's population is female, and they were made in God's image, it only makes sense that God is female. And that would make Jesus the first person to same sex parents.

I thank Jesus and his Mother God for all my blessings and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 12-20-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

The "created man in his own image" line is endlessly amusing to me given all the stuff it suggests.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    The "created man in his own image" line is endlessly amusing to me given all the stuff it suggests.
    Not that difficult to grasp in these modern times.
    Have you ever Xeroxed anything?
    Same Difference.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

They liberated themselves from their own control, then. Besides that, it's pretty easy to give them credit when nearly 100% of Western society were some form of Christians or another, at a time. Others would have faced the threat of actual persecution---not just somebody speaking ill of the church.

Christianity was used to defend the institution of slavery!!! Here are some Jefferson Davis quotes:

My own convictions as to negro slavery are strong. It has its evils and abuses...We recognize the negro as God and God's Book and God's Laws, in nature, tell us to recognize him - our inferior, fitted expressly for servitude...You cannot transform the negro into anything one-tenth as useful or as good as what slavery enables them to be.
    If slavery be a sin, it is not yours. It does not rest on your action for its origin, on your consent for its existence. It is a common law right to property in the service of man; its origin was Divine decree.
    Nothing fills me with deeper sadness than to see a Southerner apologizing for the defense we made of our inheritance.
    Let the gentleman go to Revelation to learn the decree of God - let him go to the Bible. . . . I said that slavery was sanctioned in the Bible, authorized, regulated, and recognized from Genesis to Revelation. . . . Slavery existed then in the earliest ages, and among the chosen people of God; and in Revelation we are told that it shall exist till the end of time shall come. You find it in the Old and New Testaments - in the prophecies, psalms, and the epistles of Paul; you find it recognized - sanctioned everywhere.
    Is that how one leads the fight against racism for hundreds of years?

Again, when almost everyone in a country is some kind of Christian (at the time), then that necessitates that most good things will have been done, in those times, by Christians. That's like saying that humans are responsible for the good things that humans have done.

You seem to know a good bit about Thomas Jefferson, perhaps you can enlighten yourself as to more by checking out the Jefferson Bible.
    The rhetoric of Christian bashers is not worth reading. Anyone can cherry pick and use it to bolster their argument. My argument is not that Christians are infallible. All humans are fallible. My argument is Christians built the free world as we know it today. Christians built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate, not only here but with the rest of the world.

You concentrate on all the human failings of Christians. I concentrate on all the good they have done. I admit Christian failings. You ignore Christians successes for the world like its the plague.

Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far more good for the world than evil. Nothing athiests say can ever change that.

Now, let's talk about the probably 50,000,000 souls that were tortured, imprisoned or killed by marxist/athiests in just the 20th century.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Not that difficult to grasp in these modern times.
    Have you ever Xeroxed anything?
    Same Difference.
    An interesting way to think of it and it fits fairly well if you believe in Adam and Eve in a literal sense.

For me, I just see how shitty and self-centered people are. I mean.. just not a good look to have em made in your image.

I'm curious if Micky or Monet believe that Adam and Eve is where it all comes from? Or is that just a story to not be taken literally? I don't really care to argue about religion. Seems so pointless. I often forget how many people are religous. My circles of friends have not been very religous since I stopped going to church.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The rhetoric of Christian bashers is not worth reading. Anyone can cherry pick and use it to bolster their argument. My argument is not that Christians are infallible. All humans are fallible. My argument is Christians built the free world as we know it today. Christians built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate, not only here but with the rest of the world.

You concentrate on all the human failings of Christians. I concentrate on all the good they have done. I admit Christian failings. You ignore Christians successes for the world like its the plague.

Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far more good for the world than evil. Nothing athiests say can ever change that.

Now, let's talk about the probably 50,000,000 souls that were tortured, imprisoned or killed by marxist/athiests in just the 20th century.
    Really Good Post here except for the overuse of the word: far.

[QUOTE=mickeycrimm]My argument is not that Christians are infallible. All humans are fallible. My argument is Christians built the free world as we know it today. Christians built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate, not only here but with the rest of the world. Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far more good for the world than evil. Nothing athiests say can ever change that./QUOTE]

Ahem: FIXED YOUR POST to reflect the new reality: see, below:

The communist Chinese have built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate... Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far less good for the world than evil.
    What, Me Worry?

[QUOTE=MisterV;136071]
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm
    My argument is not that Christians are infallible. All humans are fallible. My argument is Christians built the free world as we know it today. Christians built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate, not only here but with the rest of the world. Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far more good for the world than evil. Nothing athiests say can ever change that./QUOTE]

The communist Chinese have built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate... Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far less good for the world than evil.
    The Chinese Communist Party do not freely share their wealth with anyone. And, you live in the country that built an economic engine such as the world has ever seen, albeit not for long at this rate and given who is leading us.

Sure they do.

They've invested a lot of money into the infrastructure of Africa, for example, and are quite generous with doling out covid vaccine.

Their civilization was much more advanced than that of the Westrern Christian Civilizations of Marco Polo's era; they gave the Christians gunpowder, and with it they ascended.

Don't think for one minute that the countries and continents which the Christians conquered welcomed their presence; they did not and do not.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MickeyCrimm

Monet Says:

In what world does it qualify as a good post? Let's break the post down.

The first thing that he does is declare my rhetoric not worth reading. The obvious reason for that is because he tried making actual points, but is sick of having every one of them easily countered, so it's much easier just to declare the rhetoric not worth reading. It's like, "I win by virtue of just declaring you wrong."

I didn't even think I was in the ring yet. I thought I was still just in the gym popping the bag a few times...and he's already withdrawn. It's fine. I accept his yield.

Of course, one tendency shared both by Christians and Trump supporters is deciding the truth is whatever they think it should be. I suppose it's not really much of a stretch when one believes in fairy tales to begin with.

Mickey said anyone can cherry-pick to bolster their argument, but I'm countering points that he himself made. In the more recent post, he talked about how Christianity has led the fight against racism for hundreds of years, so I quoted Jefferson Davis' take on the institution of slavery and how he felt Christianity related to it.

You know, the Confederates. The ones who still proudly fly the flag down there? The most Christian, and specifically Evangelical Protestant, area of the entire country?

So, that's not cherry-picking, that's directly countering a point that he made.

I agree all humans are fallible.

I agree that Christians are responsible for many of the good things in this country. Again, when some 90%+ of the country identified as some form of Christian, at one point in time, that would be really hard for the Christians NOT TO BE responsible for most of the good things...almost all of the people were Christians. That's a point that I had already made.

With that, I'm not ignoring anything, but MickeyCrimm might as well make up, "His truth," which is a new far left concept that the Christians have already been doing for centuries. The ironic thing about the Far Left is that they use most of the same social/peer pressure style tactics that the Christians do.

Finally, who was talking about Marxism? I'm not defending Marxism. I'm not even defending other Atheists/Agnostics...I have no idea what other Agnostics do. Again, unlike Christians, if an Atheist/Agnostic did something great, I wouldn't feel the need to trumpet the fact that it was done by an Atheist/Agnostic.

The problem with the entire Evangelical arm of the religion is that they feel the need to win converts. What they need to do is stay out of their own way by leaving people the fuck alone unless they find the church on their own, then they would be performing much better right now. There was also an era in the middle to late nineties where they were big on pushing a doom and gloom, "End Times," message...one of the many times they've been wrong about that, of course.

Call for a major event and be right and you're a prophet; call for a major event and be wrong and you're the village idiot.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Sure they do.

They've invested a lot of money into the infrastructure of Africa, for example, and are quite generous with doling out covid vaccine.

Their civilization was much more advanced than that of the Westrern Christian Civilizations of Marco Polo's era; they gave the Christians gunpowder, and with it they ascended.

Don't think for one minute that the countries and continents which the Christians conquered welcomed their presence; they did not and do not.
    Chi-Comms in Africa is meant to displace American influence in the region. Their intentions are not good.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Originally Posted by MickeyCrimm

Monet Says:

In what world does it qualify as a good post? Let's break the post down.

The first thing that he does is declare my rhetoric not worth reading. The obvious reason for that is because he tried making actual points, but is sick of having every one of them easily countered, so it's much easier just to declare the rhetoric not worth reading. It's like, "I win by virtue of just declaring you wrong."

I didn't even think I was in the ring yet. I thought I was still just in the gym popping the bag a few times...and he's already withdrawn. It's fine. I accept his yield.

Of course, one tendency shared both by Christians and Trump supporters is deciding the truth is whatever they think it should be. I suppose it's not really much of a stretch when one believes in fairy tales to begin with.

Mickey said anyone can cherry-pick to bolster their argument, but I'm countering points that he himself made. In the more recent post, he talked about how Christianity has led the fight against racism for hundreds of years, so I quoted Jefferson Davis' take on the institution of slavery and how he felt Christianity related to it.

You know, the Confederates. The ones who still proudly fly the flag down there? The most Christian, and specifically Evangelical Protestant, area of the entire country?

So, that's not cherry-picking, that's directly countering a point that he made.

I agree all humans are fallible.

I agree that Christians are responsible for many of the good things in this country. Again, when some 90%+ of the country identified as some form of Christian, at one point in time, that would be really hard for the Christians NOT TO BE responsible for most of the good things...almost all of the people were Christians. That's a point that I had already made.

With that, I'm not ignoring anything, but MickeyCrimm might as well make up, "His truth," which is a new far left concept that the Christians have already been doing for centuries. The ironic thing about the Far Left is that they use most of the same social/peer pressure style tactics that the Christians do.

Finally, who was talking about Marxism? I'm not defending Marxism. I'm not even defending other Atheists/Agnostics...I have no idea what other Agnostics do. Again, unlike Christians, if an Atheist/Agnostic did something great, I wouldn't feel the need to trumpet the fact that it was done by an Atheist/Agnostic.

The problem with the entire Evangelical arm of the religion is that they feel the need to win converts. What they need to do is stay out of their own way by leaving people the fuck alone unless they find the church on their own, then they would be performing much better right now. There was also an era in the middle to late nineties where they were big on pushing a doom and gloom, "End Times," message...one of the many times they've been wrong about that, of course.

Call for a major event and be right and you're a prophet; call for a major event and be wrong and you're the village idiot.
    Your animosity towards Christians reminds me of the irrational hatred of Jews. Jefferson Davis was on the wrong side of history. Sure, there have been bad things done by people who have called themselves Christians. But overall Christians have done far more good for the world than any other group that ever existed. You refuse to acknowledge that. That's your problem. And it's why your rhetoric is not worth reading. You simply don't have a balanced argument. You never will until you acknowledge the great good done by Christians.

[QUOTE=MisterV;136071]
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm
    My argument is not that Christians are infallible. All humans are fallible. My argument is Christians built the free world as we know it today. Christians built an economic engine such as the world has never seen. And have freely shared that wealth with the less fortunate, not only here but with the rest of the world. Christians have done far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far more good for the world than evil. Nothing athiests say can ever change that./QUOTE]

Its against the rules here to change someones post. So go fuck yourself, dildo. The Chinese seen how marxism kept their people poor so they instituted economic policies formulated by Christians that led to great wealth in the world. The Chinese basically copycatted the American system. Except, the part about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. There people are not free. The Chi-Comms are a dictatorship that rules with an iron fist. Move there if you think its so good.

Very surprising to see the Marathon Man use underhanded tactics like editing someone's post. I noticed the MickeyCrimm discrepancy right away. You should know better 146, being the 6th worst mod in forum history and all !

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Your animosity towards Christians reminds me of the irrational hatred of Jews. Jefferson Davis was on the wrong side of history. Sure, there have been bad things done by people who have called themselves Christians. But overall Christians have done far more good for the world than any other group that ever existed. You refuse to acknowledge that. That's your problem. And it's why your rhetoric is not worth reading. You simply don't have a balanced argument. You never will until you acknowledge the great good done by Christians.
    I've already acknowledged it on multiple occasions.

Do you want to know what the problem with your position here is? I'll be happy to tell you:

When we are talking about negative things, you say, "...Sure, there have been bad things done by people who have called themselves Christians." The problem with that is, for one, you imply that they were not actually Christians, but merely that they called themselves that.

The second problem with this position is that, when most people are Christians at any given time in the country's history, by an almost mathematical certainty, they will be responsible for some of the best things and worst things that have been done in the history of the country. However, pursuant to the point above, you've decided that those people were not actually Christians, but were only calling themselves Christians, or at least implying it.

Third, you consider that Christians have done, "Far more good for the world than any other group that ever existed," but did they do it as a group? It seems to me that when people are doing negative things, you're making it about the individuals, but when positive things are being done, it's being done by the, "Group."

Quite simply, there are individual people who have identified as Christians who have done both good and bad things.

I've already explained that my problem is not with the religion itself, much less the moral philosophy behind it---the moral philosophy behind it is good! My problem is with the organized component of the religion. The advancements that we have made in recent decades in both science and personal/social freedoms have been in spite of organized Evangelicals, not because of them. They have been done because people went out and acted in opposition to what the organized component of the church wanted.

Anyway, I always separate individual people from the religion whereas you only separate the two selectively. If something good happens, it's because of the Christians...if bad, it's because of a person, "Calling themselves a Christian."

Jefferson Davis was on the wrong side of history, was he? It's a funny thing that he has memorials in three different states. Why don't we just throw up some statues of Stalin and Hitler while we are at it?

Where are these statues? Alabama, Virginia and Kentucky. In terms of religiosity, ranked #1, #13 and #10, respectively...huge fucking surprise there. Those should be torn down and be replaced with statues of William Tecumseh Sherman.

If there's anyone who would advocate for taking the statues down, you would think it would be the White Evangelicals, since you claim that Jefferson Davis is on the wrong side of history and is a terrible example of a Christian. Instead, something about, "Remembering history," more like something about the White Evangelicals wishing that the South had won.

What the hell is Southern Pride? Why would they have pride? They existed as a nation for a few years and LOST their only war quite badly. Every male Confederate soldier should have been executed for treason---no surrender accepted otherwise. They should have let Sherman keep going; he was doing a fabulous job.

Have you not heard of The Inquisition? Once again, the scientific advancements that were made during that time were made in spite of the church, not because of it. I don't deny that many of the scientists themselves were Christians/Catholics, because you sure as hell couldn't openly admit it if you weren't...that's kind of how the Inquisition worked. Forget about Muslims/Jews/Atheists/Agnostics, they went after people who they didn't think were doing Christianity right.

Don't you know about the Transubstantiation thing? That's right, if believers (other Christians) did not believe that the bread and wine being passed around at communion were the literal blood and body of Christ, then they were heretics and, at best, would be excommunicated and sometimes banished from their countries. They'd normally be killed, of course, but some people were influential or wealthy enough to have their lives spared.

This is the history of organized religion. Beautiful tradition, yes? They're a bit more benign these days, mostly focusing only on using the Government as a tool to restrict social freedoms, except for the freedoms that their ministers tell them that they should like, of course. Why do you think the Evangelicals were so smitten with Trump? It makes total sense, to me, they're natural followers who lack any need to think for themselves as it's easier just to default to whatever their ministers tell them they should be doing. They tend to be stupid because they've never had a need to examine other ideas and have never had to successfully, or meaningfully, mount a defense of their own ideas.

But...and this is the important thing---I'd be perfectly happy to leave them alone if they leave me and the society that exists outside of the church's doors alone. What non-Christians do, within the boundaries of the law, is none of their concern just as nothing that Christians do is any of my concern as long as it's lawful and they're keeping it away from me and my space.

As always, they initiate the conversation. This all started because I took, "The Lord's," name in vain and it went on from there, but, "Jesus Christ," is a common expression of exasperation, at this point.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Very surprising to see the Marathon Man use underhanded tactics like editing someone's post. I noticed the MickeyCrimm discrepancy right away. You should know better 146, being the 6th worst mod in forum history and all !
    You've got the wrong guy. I did not edit anyone's post.

Before making blanket statements about the Chinese or the Christians, I think it might be wise to consider that technology drives the wagons. And luck has as much to do with who looks good in retrospect as alleged styles of human organization.

As to mickey's 50 million died from "A," it's also true that an estimated 50 million plus Native Americans died from pandemics associated with European contact. So there's that. The Christians came, saw, and were responsible for 50 million deaths. Was Christianity to blame for that per se? Depends on how you want to define cause and effect, I suppose. At some point, the Europeans knew their diseases were killing the Native Americans. It's a question of whether the leaders cared enough to take action. The argument can be made that it was a kind of American gulag -- except disease, not arms, drove the Native Americans to their end.

Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel, a Pulitzer winning book, is a great place to start exploring these questions.

Welcome back PokerGrinder, long time no see ROTFLMFAO !!

Thread Information