So I was watching the Saints play Tampa last night, and by halftime I started wondering what the odds were against a "No TD Scored" prop for the game. Monday night games always feature that prop, but I really don't survey props for the Sunday night game very often. With Brady on the field, such odds should have been astronomical.

Godwin and Evans got dinged during the game, although it looked as if Evans could have returned, even as a decoy, had the Bucs chosen to put him in there. Fournette got clobbered on a play, so he was out. Brady was stuck throwing to Gronk every play, basically, and the Saints cover Gronk very well, so that didn't work out. Finally, after losing a fumble on a scramble and just accomplishing nothing despite the Saints doing less -- at one point in the second half, the Bucs had 125 second-half yards and the Saints 15 -- Brady threw a pick where he was really baited and took the hook. Immediately after the pick, Brady trots over to the Saints sideline, and I swore he said to the acting head coach (and DC) "Go fuck yourself, bitch" on national television, which is pretty funny.

One of the problems with coaching a game like this, and play calling from the Bucs side (and I do love Byron Leftwich), is that if Brady hadn't been QB-ing, the Bucs probably forego throwing the ball the second half and grind out an ugly win. But with Brady back there, despite being sans all weapons but Gronk, the inclination was to keep passing the ball. Brady actually threw two incredibly accurate touch balls to Gronk that the TE couldn't quite haul in, but the rest of the Brady second half was pretty ugly.

If anybody saw "No TDs Scored" as a prop, please let me know. I'm curious as to the odds. I did the math in my head for shutouts under Brady as the game went on, and my ballpark of 15 years was correct. It had been 15 years since a Brady-led team was shut out.