Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The History of Slavery

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

Mission, I know a good state for you to visit that meets some of your ideological requirements. It has, for the past 50 years, the most integrated school system in the nation. And it has the most black elected politicians of any state in the Union. Can you guess which state it is?
    I have no idea, based on the topic of discussion, I'm assuming somewhere in the South.
    Just some trivia. My home state Mississippi integrated the schools in the early 70's. The population is about 60% white, 40% black. It's been the most integrated school system in the nation for 50 years. Mississippi also has the most black elected politicians of any state in the country. A state with a population of just 3 million has more black elected politicians than liberal California with 40 million people.
    Fascinating:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-voters-452213

If you don't want to infer my point from reading the link, my point is because there are so many majority-black jurisdictions that it's basically black people voting themselves in and the state's politics are very much divided on racial lines.

I have no idea, based on the topic of discussion, I'm assuming somewhere in the South.
    Just some trivia. My home state Mississippi integrated the schools in the early 70's. The population is about 60% white, 40% black. It's been the most integrated school system in the nation for 50 years. Mississippi also has the most black elected politicians of any state in the country. A state with a population of just 3 million has more black elected politicians than liberal California with 40 million people.
    Fascinating:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-voters-452213

If you don't want to infer my point from reading the link, my point is because there are so many majority-black jurisdictions that it's basically black people voting themselves in and the state's politics are very much divided on racial lines.
    Spare me the Politico leftist propaganda. Blacks have a lot of power in Mississippi.

I'm sure you looked for something to counter the school integration but couldn't find anything.

No voting along racial lines in Ohio, right?
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-29-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Spare me the Politico leftist propaganda.
    How can he spare you of that?
    It is literally the only thing that he types.

Spare me the Politico leftist propaganda. Blacks have a lot of power in Mississippi.

I'm sure you looked for something to counter the school integration but couldn't find anything.

I agree they have a lot of power in Mississippi; the article that I linked says as much. It also explains why that would be the case.

I no longer live in Ohio, but I'm sure some of the voting there is racially motivated. Same in PA. I'm sure some black people would automatically be more inclined to vote for another black person as opposed to a white one and that would qualify as racism just as equally. Racism doesn't begin and end at the Mason-Dixon line, and doesn't begin and end exclusively with Caucasians being racist and I never claimed either of those things.

That said, I do appreciate why you would put arguments in my mouth---much easier to be perceived as winning debates that way.

I agree they have a lot of power in Mississippi; the article that I linked says as much. It also explains why that would be the case.

I no longer live in Ohio, but I'm sure some of the voting there is racially motivated. Same in PA. I'm sure some black people would automatically be more inclined to vote for another black person as opposed to a white one and that would qualify as racism just as equally. Racism doesn't begin and end at the Mason-Dixon line, and doesn't begin and end exclusively with Caucasians being racist and I never claimed either of those things.

That said, I do appreciate why you would put arguments in my mouth---much easier to be perceived as winning debates that way.
    The only place you are winning debates is in your delusional mind. Your arguments were so weak I took pity and let up on you. When 1910 comes back your arguments will be a hit.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

The only place you are winning debates is in your delusional mind. Your arguments were so weak I took pity and let up on you. When 1910 comes back your arguments will be a hit.
    That's good because, when 1910 comes back, your political views will be relevant again.

That's good because, when 1910 comes back, your political views will be relevant again.
    When 1910 comes back your jokes will be funny again. Seek counseling from your Pastor.

When 1910 comes back your jokes will be funny again. Seek counseling from your Pastor.
    1910 has a better chance of literally coming back around than my jokes do of ever being funny.

Thread Information