Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Mission, I know a good state for you to visit that meets some of your ideological requirements. It has, for the past 50 years, the most integrated school system in the nation. And it has the most black elected politicians of any state in the Union. Can you guess which state it is?
I have no idea, based on the topic of discussion, I'm assuming somewhere in the South.
Just some trivia. My home state Mississippi integrated the schools in the early 70's. The population is about 60% white, 40% black. It's been the most integrated school system in the nation for 50 years. Mississippi also has the most black elected politicians of any state in the country. A state with a population of just 3 million has more black elected politicians than liberal California with 40 million people.
Fascinating:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-voters-452213

If you don't want to infer my point from reading the link, my point is because there are so many majority-black jurisdictions that it's basically black people voting themselves in and the state's politics are very much divided on racial lines.