Thread: Caesars Rewards and MGM MLife degrading tier earnings for spending $ on property

You used to earn 5 tier credits per dollar spent on hotel rooms at Caesars prpoerties. There was also a trick to charge food to your room, and that would sometimes earn 5 tier credits per dollar, as well (this varied from property to property).

People liked this because they could earn Diamond after spending $3000 on hotel rooms, which isn't all that hard to do if you go to Caesars properties a lot. Now it's just 1 tier credit per dollar spent, effective January 1.

At the same time, MGM MLife gave you 25 tier credits for every dollar spent on property -- not just hotel. On February 1, this is going down to 4 tier credits per dollar. MLife is also changing its name to MGM Rewards.

Note that MLife tier credits are generally worth about 1/13 of Caesars tier credits, because you earn Caesars Diamond at 15,000 tiers, and MLife Platinum at 200,000 tiers.

This is being degraded at both properties, as part of a push to get non-gamblers out of the programs for their upper-level cards.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I read something somewhere about removing resort fees for Gold+ but I am skeptical until I can find verification elsewhere. Anyone find all the changes broken down?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I had not heard or read CET was changing anything.

Originally Posted by shok View Post
    I had not heard or read CET was changing anything.

from the site...

Tier Credits can be earned in the following ways:

Slot machines: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $5 you play on a reel slot machine and for every $10 you play on a video poker machine. Some machines have lower earning rates and are clearly marked.
    Table games: Earn Tier Credits based on the type of game you are playing, your average bet and how long you play.
    Electronic Table Games - Earn Tier Credits based on the type of game you play.
    Poker: Earn Tier Credits based on the type of game and how long you play.

Hotel: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent on room rates and resort fees ONLY paid to Caesars Entertainment - credits posted 10 days after check-out. (no credit is given for tips.). IT WAS 5X'S

Dining: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at any of our participating restaurants.
    Shopping: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent at participating retail outlets.
    Visa: NO - unless it is a special promotion.
    Tier Credit bonuses. The more Tier Credits earned in a single day of play (based on promotional earning period*, not calendar day), the more Tier Credits you will receive!

Also, Eldiablo (in Vegas) has closed the Laurel Lounges, eliminated the monthly shows and discontinued free spa access. They did not announce-post-publish any of these changes.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

That's what it is now so what was it before? Isn't just Hotel: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent on room rates and resort fees has changed?

Originally Posted by shok View Post
    That's what it is now so what was it before? Isn't just Hotel: Earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 spent on room rates and resort fees has changed?
    MGM has apparently changed its resort fee rules - MGM Gold gets Resort Fees waived (much like CET Diamond)

For couple years CET gave 5 x TC for every hotel
    $1 spent. As Dan referenced, you could make Diamond by spending $3000 x 5 = 15,000 TC and as Diamond resort fees are waived.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Will be at Harrah's SoCal tomorrow. All Sundays in January, 15X RC's. I figure it will be good start to the new year.

Anybody who's still dumb and addicted enough to be enthralled with the CET "rewards" system belongs in stupid jail.

What is it with you people?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Anybody who's still dumb and addicted enough to be enthralled with the CET "rewards" system belongs in stupid jail.

Cheap rooms on the strip?

Tell us about how the machines telepath to you, Rob.

Everybody gather around it is story time.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Because it works for me.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

Cheap rooms on the strip?

Tell us about how the machines telepath to you, Rob.

Everybody gather around it is story time.
    No brain/no pain.

Cheap rooms? Only old people like you pay for rooms on the strip.

You telepath stupidity.

No brain/no pain.

Cheap rooms? Only old people like you pay for rooms on the strip.

You telepath stupidity.
    Just a reminder that cunt Rob has never made a dime from a sharp play in his life.

I can confirm this. My booking at an MGM property tells me the resort fees are waived due to my Gold status. To me this is a big benefit.

The reduction in tier credits for non-gaming spend is very noticeable.

Also, I seem to be getting fewer/less attractive room offers than before. Or at least fewer e-mails offering them. I still get the standard offers if I login and look for them.

Yes, definitely very noticeable.

A friend of mine spent a lot of money at an MGM property in December 2021. He wasn't even thinking about the status he'd earn. He just was having a big party for his family, including an expensive dinner.

He was shocked when he found in 2022 that he was up to Platinum, even though he didn't gamble at all! He was fortunate to have just gotten under the wire for this change, which occurred on 2/1/22.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, definitely very noticeable.

A friend of mine spent a lot of money at an MGM property in December 2021. He wasn't even thinking about the status he'd earn. He just was having a big party for his family, including an expensive dinner.

He was shocked when he found in 2022 that he was up to Platinum, even though he didn't gamble at all! He was fortunate to have just gotten under the wire for this change, which occurred on 2/1/22.
    I was recently in Vegas and played my usual games. MGM was running a tier credit bonus so I tried to hit a certain number in a day. I dropped as much in one day as I usually do on a whole trip and earned probably only 25% of the tier credits.

At this point it’s cheaper to just make Pearl or get the MGM card and pay for my rooms.

They said the point was to weed out non-gamblers, but they’ve weeded out this gambler. All programs devalue over time but this one was driven off a cliff.

MGM properties have a shit ton of AP'able games. Should be quite easy to achieve platinum.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    MGM properties have a shit ton of AP'able games. Should be quite easy to achieve platinum.
    That’s great info. Where can I get more detail on which games and how to AP them?

Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    That’s great info. Where can I get more detail on which games and how to AP them?
    Twitter

Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Twitter
    Could you be more specific? 😁

Thread Information