Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FluRona

New York Times has just reported that the world population will be wiped out within 14 months due to the FluRona.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    New York Times has just reported that the world population will be wiped out within 14 months due to the FluRona.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Oh wait, that's Florida not Floruna hahahahaha.

Sounds like it's even worse than Gymkata:

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Sounds like it's even worse than Gymkata
    That Pommel Horse scene is amazing!
    So is the scene where he is in the alley swinging on the bar.
    I think another 80s movie is similar to this with the streets and the bad guys wearing similar outfits.
    I can't think of the name of it right now but its some sort of impossible quest.
    It's been so long that it could be the same movie and I'm remembering wrong.
    They played this sort of thing on HBO a lot in the 80s.
    Same with Krull (1983).

Sounds like it's even worse than Gymkata
    That Pommel Horse scene is amazing!
    So is the scene where he is in the alley swinging on the bar.
    I think another 80s movie is similar to this with the streets and the bad guys wearing similar outfits.
    I can't think of the name of it right now but its some sort of impossible quest.
    It's been so long that it could be the same movie and I'm remembering wrong.
    They played this sort of thing on HBO a lot in the 80s.
    Same with Krull (1983).
    I vaguely remember one as you describe where a black guy eventually has to go up against some sort of black super boss who has glowing Mortal-Combat like powers, but the name escapes me right now. Anyhow, if you are ever surrounded by assailants, who, for some reason, have decided not to use guns against you, the best thing you can do is set up a Pommel Horse and take them all out. Or, if you can't find a Pommel Horse, find a metal bar on the ground and lodge it above you between two walls and take them all out.
    edit:It was called The Last Dragon Monet (Martial Arts/Comedy which is what Gymkata was also even though it didn't intend to be comedy).

I vaguely remember one as you describe where a black guy eventually has to go up against some sort of black super boss who has glowing Mortal-Combat like powers, but the name escapes me right now. Anyhow, if you are ever surrounded by assailants, who, for some reason, have decided not to use guns against you, the best thing you can do is set up a Pommel Horse and take them all out. Or, if you can't find a Pommel Horse, find a metal bar on the ground and lodge it above you between two walls and take them all out.
    edit:It was called The Last Dragon Monet (Martial Arts/Comedy which is what Gymkata was also even though it didn't intend to be comedy).
    Thanks for the reply.
    That's not it.
    I was thinking it was with Michael Dudikoff but that was American Ninja and that's not it.
    This movie had a scene where the lunatics or mob/bad guys had the hero surrounded and he got out by climbing up a wall or something like that.
    It probably is Gymkata.
    That brick/cobble city really looks like it and the guys in black and red look exactly like what I remember.
    They must of played the movie 3 times a day on HBO or at least it felt like that.
    I thought it was like a quest movie or a movie where the competitors had to run through a gauntlet/race.
    That scene where the guy cuts his own hand off is familiar too.
    I'll have to try to get a full copy of Gymkata and watch it to find out for sure.
    Kind of bothering me most of the day.
    If it turns out to be Gymkata, I have to thank you for the reminder as its probably been 35 years or so since I watched it.
    And actually, now I have to thank you for the reminder of Gymkata because I just want to watch the full movie anyway lol.
    Not sure why all the hate... that movie is pretty damn good!
    Probably on Apple TV and they probably want the usual $12.99.
    Worth it.
    Last edited by monet; 01-06-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Yup... Gymkata is the movie I was thinking of.
    That city, lunatics and pommel horse really got me thinking about it.
    For some reason the name of the movie never stuck with me but those scenes you posted brought back the memories.
    It was a competition where the winner wins his life and one request.
    This Trailer proves it around the 30 second mark.
    Thanks for posting!
    I completely forgot about this movie.
    I have never seen it on any channel for the last 25 years.
    They probably will run it as soon as I buy it.
    That's how it usually works for me.
    I was confused because your video didn't show the part where this whole thing was a contest/competition.
    So I was thinking... I know a movie like this but it involves more contestants.
    Man they played the heck out of this movie on HBO along with Krull lol.
    Good Days.

Last edited by monet; 01-06-2022 at 09:29 PM.

$7.99 and worth every penny.
    Gymkata is a damn good movie.
    Good thing Alec Baldwin didn't make it with all that gunfire.
    Damn movie has everything with a nice continuous pace.
    That scene I was talking about was when he is trapped up against the wall and a man in a guard suit is on the roof above him.
    Not sure why the hate towards this movie?
    Probably cost nothing to make and is highly entertaining.

Wow!
    4 Million Dollar Budget!
    Someone was stealing lol.
    5.7 Million Recovered at the Box Office.
    Still a damn good 90 minute movie if you ask me.
    I'm happy to have it in my library.

Reception
    Gymkata earned a Razzie Award nomination for Thomas as Worst New Star. It has developed a minor cult following as an unintentional comedy for its dubious premise, poor production quality and strange setting. Maxim lists the film as the 17th "Worst Movie of All Time". The title became a common exclamation, "Gymkata!" along with "Hai Keeba!" on Mystery Science Theater 3000 when martial arts style fights took place in the films being riffed.

Fuck Razzie and Fuck Maxim... they don't know what the Fuck they are talking about.
    I disagree with the unintentional comedy remark.
    I agree that the movie makes you laugh at times but in a good way.
    I love all the sound effects, stunts, musical score and action.
    I love it when a guy falls onto the rocks... that shit is great!
    I can look the other way with the poor acting.
    Fuck CGI.
    Give me Horses, Stunt Men and White Water Rafting any day for my movies.
    Last edited by monet; 01-06-2022 at 11:30 PM.

$7.99 and worth every penny.
    Gymkata is a damn good movie.
    Good thing Alec Baldwin didn't make it with all that gunfire.
    Damn movie has everything with a nice continuous pace.
    That scene I was talking about was when he is trapped up against the wall and a man in a guard suit is on the roof above him.
    Not sure why the hate towards this movie?
    Probably cost nothing to make and is highly entertaining.

Wow!
    4 Million Dollar Budget!
    Someone was stealing lol.
    5.7 Million Recovered at the Box Office.
    Still a damn good 90 minute movie if you ask me.
    I'm happy to have it in my library.

Reception
    Gymkata earned a Razzie Award nomination for Thomas as Worst New Star. It has developed a minor cult following as an unintentional comedy for its dubious premise, poor production quality and strange setting. Maxim lists the film as the 17th "Worst Movie of All Time". The title became a common exclamation, "Gymkata!" along with "Hai Keeba!" on Mystery Science Theater 3000 when martial arts style fights took place in the films being riffed.

Fuck Razzie and Fuck Maxim... they don't know what the Fuck they are talking about.
    I disagree with the unintentional comedy remark.
    I agree that the movie makes you laugh at times but in a good way.
    I love all the sound effects, stunts, musical score and action.
    I love it when a guy falls onto the rocks... that shit is great!
    I can look the other way with the poor acting.
    Fuck CGI.
    Give me Horses, Stunt Men and White Water Rafting any day for my movies.
    Well Monet, I was too late in seeing the post where you intended to buy the movie as I found a free link:
    https://putlocker-website.com/movie/gymkata-53286
    I am glad you enjoyed it. For myself the movie has comedic value, which is enough I suppose, but that's about it. I hadn't seen it in so many years that I forgot most of it. But the name popped in my head after you posted the new FluRona Wag the Dog narrative the media has introduced.

I saw this one, when it first came out, in the theater - not bad but not good enough for a reco (you've probably seen this one too):

Well Monet, I was too late in seeing the post where you intended to buy the movie as I found a free link:
    I am glad you enjoyed it. For myself the movie has comedic value, which is enough I suppose, but that's about it. I hadn't seen it in so many years that I forgot most of it. But the name popped in my head after you posted the new FluRona Wag the Dog narrative the media has introduced.
    I forgot all about the FluRona once you brought Gymkata back to my attention.
    I can't count how many times I had that on before running out to the bus to go to elementary school.
    Those were the days when kids would walk a few hundred yards to go to the bus stop.
    Play outside all day till the sun went down.
    And in my little town it wasn't unusual for kids to be running around after dark.
    Good Times and Really Good Movie IMO, for what it is.
    I mean they are doing all that stuff in the movie.
    That guy could do inverted standing flips and talk to himself.
    Not sure how I went so many decades without it in my repertoire.
    Glad to have it back!

Invasion USA isn't bad.
    Those were the days of the Mission In Action movies and Delta Force Trilogy.
    Chuck Norris gave up on Delta Force after a helicopter crash in Delta Force 2.
    4 people died.
    That's what I'm saying.
    These guys did all these crazy stunts back then.
    No stupid CGI.
    You want to crash a helicopter... you go crash a real helicopter!!
    And if Sgt. Chip Saunders gets his head cut off along with a couple kids dying... oh well... you continue to make the Twilight Zone anyways.
    These are all movies for guys who like movies.
    All worth a watch when in the mood for this sort of thing.
    Last edited by monet; 01-07-2022 at 04:54 AM.

And what kind of bird is this?
    I thought it was a Falcon but I think its too big.
    Either way, this bird looks like it would rip your face off in an instant!
    That's pretty ballsy of an actor.
    I'm pretty sure that's a real bird, not some Robotic Ewok or CGI.

Looking it up I think its a Golden Eagle.
    I didn't realize Eagles get that big.
    I had it flip flopped.
    I thought the Falcons got that big and the Eagles were smaller.
    I owe my Uncle an Apology.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 01-07-2022 at 05:18 AM.

Welp... looks like I am never going to shut up about Gymkata.
    You created a monster tableplay.
    Turns out Family Guy spoofed Gymkata a bit.

I forgot all about the FluRona once you brought Gymkata back to my attention.
    I can't count how many times I had that on before running out to the bus to go to elementary school.
    Those were the days when kids would walk a few hundred yards to go to the bus stop.
    Play outside all day till the sun went down.
    And in my little town it wasn't unusual for kids to be running around after dark.
    Good Times and Really Good Movie IMO, for what it is.
    I mean they are doing all that stuff in the movie.
    That guy could do inverted standing flips and talk to himself.
    Not sure how I went so many decades without it in my repertoire.
    Glad to have it back!

Invasion USA isn't bad.
    Those were the days of the Mission In Action movies and Delta Force Trilogy.
    Chuck Norris gave up on Delta Force after a helicopter crash in Delta Force 2.
    4 people died.
    That's what I'm saying.
    These guys did all these crazy stunts back then.
    No stupid CGI.
    You want to crash a helicopter... you go crash a real helicopter!!
    And if Sgt. Chip Saunders gets his head cut off along with a couple kids dying... oh well... you continue to make the Twilight Zone anyways.
    These are all movies for guys who like movies.
    All worth a watch when in the mood for this sort of thing.
    No doubt Monet, great points. Kurt Thomas had world class dexterity.

Welp... looks like I am never going to shut up about Gymkata.
    You created a monster tableplay.
    Turns out Family Guy spoofed Gymkata a bit.

Too funny - the Family Guy writers beat me to that Pommel Horse joke it turns out.

lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lol...
    Per the humorous illustration you posted Monet, I saw a news blurb earlier today stating that Moderna is now advocating a fourth shot.

Per the humorous illustration you posted Monet, I saw a news blurb earlier today stating that Moderna is now advocating a fourth shot.
    You think that is bad.
    Did you see this?
    You probably did.
    West Virginia needs a new Governor.
    That's where I found the cartoon.
    When they get to booster 6 or 7 and someone hasn't even taken shot number 1 do they have to take all the boosters in order??

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1479225768899133442

You think that is bad.
    Did you see this?
    You probably did.
    West Virginia needs a new Governor.
    That's where I found the cartoon.
    When they get to booster 6 or 7 and someone hasn't even taken shot number 1 do they have to take all the boosters in order??

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1479225768899133442
    No I haven't seen it until your post. Thank you.

Thread Information