Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet jukeboxes

Internet juke boxes in the bars. Pretty wide range of music. Entire catalogues of artists. So I could play good songs that weren't so famous. It was great. Here's one by Creedence I bet you never heard:

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Internet juke boxes in the bars. Pretty wide range of music. Entire catalogues of artists. So I could play good songs that weren't so famous. It was great.
    The money those things brought in for me over the years was amazing. Years back they added an app so people could play from their phone using a credit card. Which eliminated the need for customers to have cash and encouraged people to spend more buying credits. And customers could play songs anonymously to not be judged on their selections.

One nice feature was the ability to pay extra credits to skip others songs so your selection plays next. At times we would use our free credits given as an operator to play a couple shit songs like Tiny Dancer that killed the mood so naturally others would spend money to bypass the songs to hear better choices.

We also had a kill button behind the bar to cancel any song playing. Used sparingly but at times an inappropriate song, usually a Rap song with explicit lyrics about bitches and ho’s sucking cock, was playing at a time when families were still in the restaurant area of the bar.

They worked on a 50/50 split so there was no expense for the bar and was easy cash weekly.

Fuck it, I'll put in a dollar for The Boz.

I'll tell you why this song means so much to me. For many many years I thought he was saying Hold me closer Tony Danza. Like it was some tribute to late night reruns or some shit. Yep, thats how much it means to me.

For you, Boz.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Internet juke boxes in the bars. Pretty wide range of music. Entire catalogues of artists. So I could play good songs that weren't so famous. It was great.
    The money those things brought in for me over the years was amazing. Years back they added an app so people could play from their phone using a credit card. Which eliminated the need for customers to have cash and encouraged people to spend more buying credits. And customers could play songs anonymously to not be judged on their selections.

One nice feature was the ability to pay extra credits to skip others songs so your selection plays next. At times we would use our free credits given as an operator to play a couple shit songs like Tiny Dancer that killed the mood so naturally others would spend money to bypass the songs to hear better choices.

We also had a kill button behind the bar to cancel any song playing. Used sparingly but at times an inappropriate song, usually a Rap song with explicit lyrics about bitches and ho’s sucking cock, was playing at a time when families were still in the restaurant area of the bar.

They worked on a 50/50 split so there was no expense for the bar and was easy cash weekly.
    I talked the owner of the bar next door to where I lived into putting in the internet jukebox. I had already been told they were big money makers compared to the old jukeboxes. The manager of the bar couldn't convince the owner so I cornered the owner one day and told her she was losing money by not doing it. She put it in.

It took in so much money they had to put a second bill acceptor on it.

This was a rough bar and people would get fighting mad if you bumped their music so they instituted a rule against it. Put a sign above the jukebox.

I remember one night some guy played a 47 minute song....then told me about it when it started. It was mostly birds chirping. After about 20 minutes people were starting to look around like WTF? Another 5 minutes everyone was screaming for the bartender to hit the reject button. It was funny as hell.

I vaguely remember counting down the Rolling Stones catalog. I think it was like 500 songs.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Interesting to hear about the way those juke boxes worked on a financial level. Tiny Dancer has to be one of the most overrated songs of all time. Elton has a half dozen or more songs that are elite level and a bunch of other solid tunes. I swear I would hear Tiny Dancer as much, as the other half dozen elite songs combined over the last 40+ years. Overplayed to death.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Fuck, you guys have some boring entertainment preferences, no offense.

I have seen exactly zero James Bond movies from beginning to end. The N64 game was pretty good back in the day, though.
    Internet juke boxes in the bars. Pretty wide range of music. Entire catalogues of artists. So I could play good songs that weren't so famous. It was great. Here's one by Creedence I bet you never heard:

Those things are great; I just wish they didn't have the, "Be a dick," button. That's the one where someone can go up and pay an extra credit to move their song to the front of the line unless someone has previously done that, then it will just play after other front of the line songs.

On one occasion, someone did that to me even though it had been dead quiet for ten minutes before I played a few. My fiancee and I got our revenge though, I set it up to play Macarena ten times in a row after the other front of the line songs were done and rolled out.

Fuck, you guys have some boring entertainment preferences, no offense.

I have seen exactly zero James Bond movies from beginning to end. The N64 game was pretty good back in the day, though.

Those things are great; I just wish they didn't have the, "Be a dick," button. That's the one where someone can go up and pay an extra credit to move their song to the front of the line unless someone has previously done that, then it will just play after other front of the line songs.

On one occasion, someone did that to me even though it had been dead quiet for ten minutes before I played a few. My fiancee and I got our revenge though, I set it up to play Macarena ten times in a row after the other front of the line songs were done and rolled out.
    Those of us who have that album have heard it---over and over again.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Albums. Do you have it on 8 track as well? Would go well with your CB equipment and other electronics from the 80's. Breaker, breaker one nine.

Now we are starting to get into the cause of all the bitterness from some of you guys. Some of you guys are drunks, having wasted half your life in bars, apparently feeding the jukebox. Boz has an excuse...he owned the bar. Mickey has been upfront. But some of the rest of you are closeted drunks and rednecks looking back at your bar days with pride and the rest of your life with regret and bitterness. No wonder you are such unlikeable pricks to everyone except other unlikeable pricks.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Albums. Do you have it on 8 track as well? Would go well with your CB equipment and other electronics from the 80's. Breaker, breaker one nine.

Now we are starting to get into the cause of all the bitterness from some of you guys. Some of you guys are drunks, having wasted half your life in bars, apparently feeding the jukebox. Boz has an excuse...he owned the bar. Mickey has been upfront. But some of the rest of you are closeted drunks and rednecks looking back at your bar days with pride and the rest of your life with regret and bitterness. No wonder you are such unlikeable pricks to everyone except other unlikeable pricks.
    That's all fine and dandy. Push comes to shove, you're the second UNKOOLEST on this forum. It's very hard to be as UNKOOL as you. One freakazoid manages to top you in that department !

Lol you're too much. You whine about bullies and all this and that then you want to insult people who have spent time in bars. I've spent plenty of time in bars. Was the time wasted? No, not really. It would not have been put to anything useful otherwise. Just burnt time, like watching TV or whatever else. You hang out with your friends, drink beer, talk about life. Kewl appears to not have many friends so maybe he just doesn't get it. You'd think though for a guy that cries uncle poor me my profession is at stake - you wouldn't see him insulting all manner of people.

I mean, what have you done with all your time Kewl? Convince everyone you're some never-ending blackjack counter that makes a decent living but nothing special? Give us a break. Shut-up and take a nap.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Now you are showing your ignorance. Albums have made a comeback. There are more albums for sale at Walmart than CD's.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...DdNPKcWII_uzx_

Now you are showing your ignorance. Albums have made a comeback. There are more albums for sale at Walmart than CD's.
    CD's hun? Congratulations, you are up to the 1990 or early 2000's. I bought cd's when I was in high school.

There’s a certain amount of irony that comes from writing multiple paragraphs to call people bitter on response to a one sentence post. You’re being the bitter one Kewlj.

CD's hun? Congratulations, you are up to the 1990 or early 2000's. I bought cd's when I was in high school.
    CD's are very convenient for me when driving. I don't give a fuck about the rest.

Albums, CDs, 8 tracks? I still use this cassette to 8 track adapter.

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/di...r-sure-you-do/

I wish I still had my 8 Tracks and Player.
    Those were cool.
    My favorite was when the tape would get all tangled up.
    Good Times.

Hmmm....I have just over 400 vinyl albums, of which we play 1 or 2 daily whenever we're in our AZ. home. And you would get sooo angry if I explained the NEW state of the art turntable/stylus combo we have. Why new....and why are you so lost on this? Because the comeback has passed your incapable generation by. Or---maybe it's just losers like you with no money.

I also have many CD's, some cassettes, a few 8-tracks, and an mp3 player along with the same 1500 songs loaded onto my phone. But vinyl is still my favorite. Sure, digital is clean and CDs are as well. But the thing about vinyl is how you can study your way to get the best stylus and turntable for your record collection, and for us audiophiles we can also get the most appropriate amp/pre-amp/power amp/tuner equipment that we can afford, in order to bring the audio as close to perfection as possible. It's like baking a bread--its a science, not an art.

And you are such a dumbass.

Rob, you're an audiophile: do you mind telling me the manufacturer and model of the components in your main system?

I too am an audiophile, so I'll be able to keep up.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Fuck it, I'll put in a dollar for The Boz.

I'll tell you why this song means so much to me. For many many years I thought he was saying Hold me closer Tony Danza. Like it was some tribute to late night reruns or some shit. Yep, thats how much it means to me.

For you, Boz.

CD's are very convenient for me when driving. I don't give a fuck about the rest.
    Most of the time I just like to listen to NPR, but oftentimes it's boring as fuck, or im in the mood for some music,
    so I just blue tooth my phone to the stereo and play songs or news from youtube or whatever. I use a Bluetooth Aux cable jack if no blue tooth is available on the stereo. God forbid I'm not getting any internet service on my phone it's back to the Radio. If there's a Complete loss of any signal, I just say fuck it. I have yet to download a song on my phone and I haven't ever used an iPod.

Adele has a few good songs(I probably couldn't name them if asked) I'm certainly not going to go see her shows/concerts even for free I'm just not into her music.

I do like blasting this song, it's simple but good. I don't even know what the song is about, nor do I care, I just like it.

Thread Information