Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
Originally Posted by mcap View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

haha Mickey is my boy now! Anyway, it is a joke and I'm trying to do a Singer impression. My first new car is on order and it HAS bluetooth. My existing car doesn't either and is worth a small fraction of the new car. lol.

This whole conversation made me question whether I want to sell my gas car just because it is dependable and cheap to drive. If I decided to tour the US, I feel I'd be better served with a gas car especially after figuring out the depreciation from high yearly mileage.
Maybe keep both and take the insurance on/off the old when when you’re going on a long ass trip. Unless you’re able to leverage the insane used car prices that are likely to last through much of this year, if you can do that without also having to pay jacked up cost for the new one that’d be solid too.

Insurance rate difference can be kind of a shocker when you go from a 5+ year old car to new or close to as well. Anyway, your money, whatever floats your boat. Chicks who wear makeup and shave their body hair don’t love the older used cars.
Yea, pretty much this. Insurance is going up a lot but not to the extent I can't afford it. What good is a car chicks like when you're 60? Young women still sometimes give me a look. Interest rate is about to go up and who knows about inflation. Might as well get the car now. Also - if something weird happens to the oil supply then I'm in far better shape I feel.

Insurance on/off is kinda interesting. I carry minimal insurance. I don't really think I'm collectable as Dan would say. Regardless insurance cost will start becoming signifcant expense. It might be worth turning it on/off. I need to figure out insurance before I pick it up in the next month. Given I'm well into my 40s I don't think buying your first new car is much of a brag ..

I'm too lazy to fuck with my crypto... selling a car to make a thousand or 2 isn't really on the horizon. Just trying to keep my eyes on generating more cash. Want to make a more serious go at APing this year. Hmm wonder what I'd get for this car. Wow I'm seeing at what might realistically be an easy 7-80% markup. Crazy.
Yeah used cars are absolutely insane over the last year or year and a half. Lol at how upside down anyone who took a loan out on one is going to be in 2023.