Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet jukeboxes

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

haha Mickey is my boy now! Anyway, it is a joke and I'm trying to do a Singer impression. My first new car is on order and it HAS bluetooth. My existing car doesn't either and is worth a small fraction of the new car. lol.

This whole conversation made me question whether I want to sell my gas car just because it is dependable and cheap to drive. If I decided to tour the US, I feel I'd be better served with a gas car especially after figuring out the depreciation from high yearly mileage.
    Maybe keep both and take the insurance on/off the old when when you’re going on a long ass trip. Unless you’re able to leverage the insane used car prices that are likely to last through much of this year, if you can do that without also having to pay jacked up cost for the new one that’d be solid too.

Insurance rate difference can be kind of a shocker when you go from a 5+ year old car to new or close to as well. Anyway, your money, whatever floats your boat. Chicks who wear makeup and shave their body hair don’t love the older used cars.
    Yea, pretty much this. Insurance is going up a lot but not to the extent I can't afford it. What good is a car chicks like when you're 60? Young women still sometimes give me a look. Interest rate is about to go up and who knows about inflation. Might as well get the car now. Also - if something weird happens to the oil supply then I'm in far better shape I feel.

Insurance on/off is kinda interesting. I carry minimal insurance. I don't really think I'm collectable as Dan would say. Regardless insurance cost will start becoming signifcant expense. It might be worth turning it on/off. I need to figure out insurance before I pick it up in the next month. Given I'm well into my 40s I don't think buying your first new car is much of a brag ..

I'm too lazy to fuck with my crypto... selling a car to make a thousand or 2 isn't really on the horizon. Just trying to keep my eyes on generating more cash. Want to make a more serious go at APing this year. Hmm wonder what I'd get for this car. Wow I'm seeing at what might realistically be an easy 7-80% markup. Crazy.
    Yeah used cars are absolutely insane over the last year or year and a half. Lol at how upside down anyone who took a loan out on one is going to be in 2023.

On the Vegas to Reno drive the Jack Dempsey Room at the Mizpah Hotel is worth a stop. Lots of Dempsey pictures. Dempsey started his career fighting bare-knuckled smokers in Tonopah and Goldfield. He was a bar bouncer in Goldfield. Wyatt Earp lived in Tonopah for awhile. Brother Virgil lived in Goldfield for awhile too.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I've driven the round-trip between Phx. & Reno/Tahoe over a hundred times. Love the history of those places, including Mercury, Mina and Luning. But there are also plenty of old mining and ghost towns dotting the deserts and mountains to the east and west along the way. My 2nd book explores a great deal of them.

There's only one sure-fire "speed trap" on the ride and that's thru Tonapah. Guaranteed radar 24/7. I'm as careful as they come yet I got pinched once. I also know the spots on the ride where you can test out your car's top speed if there's no traffic coming for miles and nothing in front of you--which is frequent. I'll never tire of that drive. Best in the USA. But bring a fast car, so you can easily and safely pass any trucks (including triples) and RV's you come across.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I've driven the round-trip between Phx. & Reno/Tahoe over a hundred times. Love the history of those places, including Mercury, Mina and Luning. But there are also plenty of old mining and ghost towns dotting the deserts and mountains to the east and west along the way. My 2nd book explores a great deal of them.

There's only one sure-fire "speed trap" on the ride and that's thru Tonapah. Guaranteed radar 24/7. I'm as careful as they come yet I got pinched once. I also know the spots on the ride where you can test out your car's top speed if there's no traffic coming for miles and nothing in front of you--which is frequent. I'll never tire of that drive. Best in the USA. But bring a fast car, so you can easily and safely pass any trucks (including triples) and RV's you come across.
    Sounds like Searchlight going from Vegas to Laughlin. The biggest speed trap out there. Rented a Vet in Vegas years ago for the trip to Havasu and got to open it up for a stretch south of Vegas before Searchlight. Fasted I ever drove on a highway by far, over 125. I did a Richard Petty Experience at Pocono and that topped at around 145 if I remember correctly.

I’m never going fast in Tonopah because I usually stop at the Tonopah Brewery. Decent beer and BBQ though the last time I was there they seemed to have less of their own beers on tap and more guest taps. Assume they, like many small breweries were hurt by the so called “pandemic” and being in the middle of nowhere didn’t help. Food was still good as always and they had signs up for entertainment. Not much else to do for locals there so they must get a decent crowd on weekend evenings, enough to keep going.

Originally Posted by mcap
    Yeah used cars are absolutely insane over the last year or year and a half. Lol at how upside down anyone who took a loan out on one is going to be in 2023.
    They'll probably do just fine.

Interest rates on their new car loan were pretty low, which helped fuel purchases, just like the housing market.

With the Fed worried about inflation and raising interest rates there will be a chilling effect.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Sounds like Searchlight going from Vegas to Laughlin. The biggest speed trap out there. Rented a Vet in Vegas years ago for the trip to Havasu and got to open it up for a stretch south of Vegas before Searchlight. Fasted I ever drove on a highway by far, over 125. I did a Richard Petty Experience at Pocono and that topped at around 145 if I remember correctly.

I’m never going fast in Tonopah because I usually stop at the Tonopah Brewery. Decent beer and BBQ though the last time I was there they seemed to have less of their own beers on tap and more guest taps. Assume they, like many small breweries were hurt by the so called “pandemic” and being in the middle of nowhere didn’t help. Food was still good as always and they had signs up for entertainment. Not much else to do for locals there so they must get a decent crowd on weekend evenings, enough to keep going.
    The Tonapah Brewery does have excellent BBQ straight from the big smoker near the back. They also have a great dark brew. It's a decent place for a break on that drive.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Internet juke boxes in the bars. Pretty wide range of music. Entire catalogues of artists. So I could play good songs that weren't so famous. It was great.
    The money those things brought in for me over the years was amazing. Years back they added an app so people could play from their phone using a credit card. Which eliminated the need for customers to have cash and encouraged people to spend more buying credits. And customers could play songs anonymously to not be judged on their selections.

One nice feature was the ability to pay extra credits to skip others songs so your selection plays next. At times we would use our free credits given as an operator to play a couple shit songs like Tiny Dancer that killed the mood so naturally others would spend money to bypass the songs to hear better choices.

We also had a kill button behind the bar to cancel any song playing. Used sparingly but at times an inappropriate song, usually a Rap song with explicit lyrics about bitches and ho’s sucking cock, was playing at a time when families were still in the restaurant area of the bar.

They worked on a 50/50 split so there was no expense for the bar and was easy cash weekly.
    I HATE those kill buttons. If you don't want a song playing it's your job to delete it from the list so it doesn't show up. If I pay good money to hear a song I want to hear my damn song. If you press that kill button you damn well better be refunding me my dollar.

Thread Information