Thread: Portland is a shithole

Portland has not solved the homeless problem; if anything it is getting worse.

Tents and beggars all over the place, typically near freeways.

Today in east Portland in a busy area while waiting for a light to turn I saw a scruffy looking PO.S. homeless spook pissing openly and wantonly in the middle of the sidewalk; he made no attempt to turn away or seek privacy, he simply pissed while facing the world.

What a fucking shithole this town has become, same as Seattle and San Francisco.

Fucking homeless.
    What, Me Worry?

Oh come on V, your mayor says you have to treat them with compassion.

Oh, I'd like to ... I'd very much enjoy COMing to Portland and PASSIONately running over the homeless camps with a steam roller.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Oh, I'd like to ... I'd very much enjoy COMing to Portland and PASSIONately running over the homeless camps with a steam roller.
    While you're at it, run over Sloppy Soy as well, another Portland lowlife.

Portland has not solved the homeless problem; if anything it is getting worse.

Tents and beggars all over the place, typically near freeways.

Today in east Portland in a busy area while waiting for a light to turn I saw a scruffy looking PO.S. homeless spook pissing openly and wantonly in the middle of the sidewalk; he made no attempt to turn away or seek privacy, he simply pissed while facing the world.

What a fucking shithole this town has become, same as Seattle and San Francisco.

Fucking homeless.
    As usual with a Lawyer.
    All Talk and No Action.

Really?

I'm a big dude and like the fabulous furry freak brothers said, "I take no guff when I strut my stuff."

About twenty years ago I was walking through a forested park area behind my home and discovered that a homeless couple had decided to set up camp there.

That was forbidden, so I basically wrecked and destroyed a lot of their stuff.

When the guy asked me why I was doing it I told him because he had no right to be there.

They were gone the next day.

Fucking homeless scofflaws.

A month later I saw the loser in court, charged with a crime.
    Last edited by MisterV; 01-27-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

I don't have an issue with homeless per se. I don't believe everyone should work a minimum wage job just so they can put their possessions in a box. If you desire a different life, then so be it. If you are ok with living in a tent minimally then who am I to say there is something wrong with that?

However the trash they make and lack of sanitation facilities are problematic. In addition these people will likely often create a decent amount of crime, but they might just as well do that if they weren't homeless. I get the not in my backyard mentality but this everyone has to work to pay rent from some other guy I don't get.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Why should human society be different than any other society of animal life on earth?

One common element we see across nature is that "everybody works."

Take a bee colony: worker bees, nursery bees, queen etc: all have a task to perform for the survival of the hive.

A bear cub who refuses to eat salmon or grub up berries will not last long.

We differ as we have a sentient society and have decided to succor those who refuse to work, the non-conformists who suck the teat of the system while giving it a Bronx cheer.

Fuck them: let natural selection work, survival of the fittest, get rid of the deadwood so society as a whole can function better.

Our politicians lack the will to do what is necessary to end this blight, this scourge across this once fair land.

You want to end homelessness?

Criminalize vagrancy once again, and prohibit camping in public places or on private property without the owner's permission.

If a person cannot support themselves in lieu of jail send them to a work camp: out west they can build trails and plant trees; pay them a fair wage for their effort and release them when they've earned enough to return to society.

If they fail again, then back to the camps.

Sure, it sounds draconian and eerily nazi-like but hey, hard cases make bad law.

I'd gladly consider a viable alternative, but I simply don't see one.
    Last edited by MisterV; 01-28-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Seems like you’ve had enough of Portland and a little pot isn’t enough for you to tolerate the BS anymore? So, you’re retired and not poor, why not get out? Go hang with the hipsters in Bend or something.

Portland is over and done with, Mayor Ted isn’t going to change anything. Oh, I forgot, you’re probably one of those guys from Gresham who tells people they live in Portland.

Anyways, the assholes giving them money and deciding the petty theft is okey dokey are as bad or worse than the homeless themselves. Of course people will freeload when you tolerate that shit.
    Last edited by mcap; 01-28-2022 at 01:27 PM.

I'm heavily entrenched here, it would be a real bitch to move.

I could rejoin my family in New Hampshire but I don't care for the cold winters there.

Most of my time is spent indoors anyway, and the homeless haven't attacked me yet so other than my loathing them on general principle there's no need to flee.

Portland still has stores and venues that I like and frequent, but en route I have to look at the filth and squalor of the homeless.

LOL and no, I don't live in Gresham: with the gentrification of the ghetto the blacks have mostly moved to east Portland / Gresham: I live in an upscale area, thank god.

Oh there is crime (my truck has been stolen twice this year) but the 'hood itself is well kept and like most of Portland almost all white.
    Last edited by MisterV; 01-28-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

This just in ...

“It’s just another day in downtown Portland,” he said. “Last night, when I got off, there was a guy who had a nine millimeter and a machete, just walking around.”

--- https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...id-victim.html
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information