Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Strategy For Cashman Bingo

The Wizard has started a thread on Cashman Bingo over on WoV. I think he doesn't know enough about the game at this point.

He is trying to determine how many squares on the Bingo Card should be covered to make it a positive play. I don't think that is the right approach.

To me it's not the number of squares that have been covered. It's the amount of money that's in those squares.

Here is the game in question. Check the board out but also look at the meters. There is a mini, minor, maxi and major meter (There is also a grand meter with several thousand dollars in it that you can't see in the pic).Those meters are important on this play. Not only for the amount of money in them but also whether or not they are on the Bingo Card.

In this pic you can see that one of the covered squares has a mini meter in it. If you bingo on that line you are awarded the mini meter. And one square has a major meter in it. If you bingo on that line you will be awarded the money in the major meter. There are actually two ways to bingo with the major meter in it.

This particular game is on the $1.50 bet level. The fact that the major meter, at $484, is on the board makes this a very strong play. It has huge expectation.

You are not always going to hit the major in this spot but you will get your share in the long run.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 02-01-2022 at 02:26 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

the likelihood of squares getting filled is absolutely not equal. the same squares that already have coins in them keep getting hit, even when the bingo card is almost totally filled and there are lots of squares resulting in bingo.

Another thing to know about this game. Once you've bingo'd and been awarded the money the board will reset. The middle space and two random spaces will be covered. Those two spaces will always be covered by a ball that has a meter in it.

Most of the time it will reset with a mini and minor meter on the board. Sometimes it will be two mini meters. Sometimes it will be two minor meters. This is what happens most of the time.

But every so often it will drop a maxi or major meter into one of those two spaces. Or they might drop onto the board sometime while the board is filling up.

That's when I like to play; when a maxi or major meter is on the board. I've never caught the grand meter on the board but maybe one of these days....
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    the likelihood of squares getting filled is absolutely not equal. the same squares that already have coins in them keep getting hit, even when the bingo card is almost totally filled and there are lots of squares resulting in bingo.
    Yes, thats true. Thats the reason I play for the amount of money on board, not the number of squares filled in.

Squares that have had balls land in them will keep getting balls landing in them and the money keeps building in those squares. The probability is a square already filled in has a much better chance to catch a ball than one that doesn't. But the ball that bingo's the card is going to come out.

It appears to me that the unfilled squares all have an equal chance of being hit. I base my strategy on that.

I don't win on every play but I'm well ahead on this game playing for the maxi and major meters. I've yet to see the grand on the board.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 02-01-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Remember what I said about what happens at reset. There will always be two meters on the board at reset and most of the time it will be the two bottom meters. But sometimes the higher meters drop onto the board.

Take a look at the pic again. You will see that there is a mini meter on the board. And you will also see that there is a major meter on board.

Those are the only two meters on the board. That means those two meters were on the board from reset.

Will you play it from reset if that major meter is on the board? If you won't then give me a call. Hold the machine until I get there!

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The Wizard has started a thread on Cashman Bingo over on WoV. I think he doesn't know enough about the game at this point.

He is trying to determine how many squares on the Bingo Card should be covered to make it a positive play. I don't think that is the right approach.

To me it's not the number of squares that have been covered. It's the amount of money that's in those squares.

Here is the game in question. Check the board out but also look at the meters. There is a mini, minor, maxi and major meter (There is also a grand meter with several thousand dollars in it that you can't see in the pic).Those meters are important on this play. Not only for the amount of money in them but also whether or not they are on the Bingo Card.

In this pic you can see that one of the covered squares has a mini meter in it. If you bingo on that line you are awarded the mini meter. And one square has a major meter in it. If you bingo on that line you will be awarded the money in the major meter. There are actually two ways to bingo with the major meter in it.

This particular game is on the $1.50 bet level. The fact that the major meter, at $484, is on the board makes this a very strong play. It has huge expectation.

You are not always going to hit the major in this spot but you will get your share in the long run.
    Great stuff Mickey, thanks for posting. And of course there is technically a 3rd way to score the major in your example. If the diagonal with the Major in it bingos, you get a wheel spin in addition to the prizes on that diagonal as you know. And of course the Wheel spin could land on the Major (unlikely but possible as you know).

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Great stuff Mickey, thanks for posting. And of course there is technically a 3rd way to score the major in your example. If the diagonal with the Major in it bingos, you get a wheel spin in addition to the prizes on that diagonal as you know. And of course the Wheel spin could land on the Major (unlikely but possible as you know).
    I've never hit a meter, even a mini or minor, on that wheel spin. I see them on the wheel....but I've never hit one.

I've never hit a meter, even a mini or minor, on that wheel spin. I see them on the wheel....but I've never hit one.
    Same here - very rare.

The bolded part is the key here. I've passed over numerous near full cards because the amounts basically sucked.

The probability is a square already filled in has a much better chance to catch a ball than one that doesn't.
    Stupid question incoming, do you understand how the game accomplishes the uneven probabilities?

Visually it looks like only one reel strip for each of the 5 columns, but it seems to behave more like a 24 reel game with a strip for each position on the grid.

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    The probability is a square already filled in has a much better chance to catch a ball than one that doesn't.
    Stupid question incoming, do you understand how the game accomplishes the uneven probabilities?

Visually it looks like only one reel strip for each of the 5 columns, but it seems to behave more like a 24 reel game with a strip for each position on the grid.
    We know the game is designed for balls to come out on squares that have already been filled. And they always have an amount of money in them. This allows the money to build in each bingo pattern. Exactly how it is accomplished I don't know. There is some kind of conditional probability there.

This is my biggest success so far. It was $1.50 bet level. I jumped on this play because the major meter was at $530 and it was on the board. While playing there was another $309 dumped into that particular square by balls continually landing on that square. There was one ball that dumped $300 into the square. So there was about $840 in that square.

When I bingo'd there was more than one unfilled square that filled in and it created five bingo's. It paid 692 units. I was in maybe 50 units when it hit.

We know the game is designed for balls to come out on squares that have already been filled. And they always have an amount of money in them. This allows the money to build in each bingo pattern. Exactly how it is accomplished I don't know. There is some kind of conditional probability there.
    A further design obfuscation is the "Cashman Antics." Randomly the cartoon character will award or increment a prize.

From design perspective, I guess it's all about disguising that the machines are essentially fancy vacuum cleaners. It doesn't work for me because the game feels rigged and the Cashman character flashes me back to the annoying paperclip from Microsoft Word. Of course I'll play anyway if I think I have an advantage.

Yea, games like this just frustrate me with the rigged probabilities. If I was plopping I don't think I'd ever play this game for long or past 1 cycle (unless I ran good lolol). It simply fills too rigged.

I guess one could count the thing and have categories of the coins (or whatever selects the squares).

I would not bother taking any data on anything outside a cell setup to win.

Maybe a few categories. Like triggers Major etc. Then thresholds of amounts winnable? ugh. Maybe if it was a 2 row win. Then take data off those categories.

It really seems like the game would be designed to fill up the unwinning+already selected squares randomly then only rig the triggering squares. If you think of it like that, then it is pretty much like other slot machines.

Another category would be the number of available trigger squares. Bingo hit might be a function that doesn't even have anything to do with the number of active trigger squares. Actually I believe someone said you can hit it where everything fills up at once. That might be what happens if there is no trigger square? Just a thought. I haven't played the game that much.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I always play when I find the major meter on board even if there are only two squares filled in. I've walked a loser a few times but I've hit the major twice which put me well ahead on the play.

The big question to me now is when to play when the maxi meter is on the board. I'm playing them even from scratch when I find them on the board until the results tell me not to.

From my observation the only way to win the meters is if they are on the board. The wheel spin don't do jackshit.

I always play when I find the major meter on board even if there are only two squares filled in. I've walked a loser a few times but I've hit the major twice which put me well ahead on the play.

The big question to me now is when to play when the maxi meter is on the board. I'm playing them even from scratch when I find them on the board until the results tell me not to.

From my observation the only way to win the meters is if they are on the board. The wheel spin don't do jackshit.
    Sounds like the maxi square might be worth more than anything. If I had to guess - it randomly fills backsquares and has a separate function that fires off the BINGO. Then the decision whether bingo is triggered is a completely different function. (Trying to clarify my confusing previous post)

I'm curious why they didn't make the game fill less rigged. I guess this way they can fill the user's experience with hitting cells and near misses but for me I just wind up feeling robbed.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I call it the $6 wheel.

My own observations after playing a few times:

Obviously, the distribution of coins is gaffed. There seems to be a set function, as 'accountinquestion' said, that checks if a bingo is possible, then rolls maybe 1 in 100 to fill in a bingo. In my experience it's no more likely to a hit bingo on a spin with 1 possible spot than with 5 possible spots!

The bigger value coins rarely ever appear on the 9 diagonal spots. If you take pictures of your plays simply look over them and you'll see this is true.

I've also experienced something else peculiar in about 50 plays or so on this game. I don't have numbers tracked to prove it, but it seems like the longer the game has held me in, the more often I've filled in one of the better spots on the board. I probably don't have a big enough sample to be confident about this though. I've never even gotten the "all prizes on board awarded" feature that I know is possible. Has anyone else experienced this?

Originally Posted by NVF View Post
    My own observations after playing a few times:

Obviously, the distribution of coins is gaffed. There seems to be a set function, as 'accountinquestion' said, that checks if a bingo is possible, then rolls maybe 1 in 100 to fill in a bingo. In my experience it's no more likely to a hit bingo on a spin with 1 possible spot than with 5 possible spots!

The bigger value coins rarely ever appear on the 9 diagonal spots. If you take pictures of your plays simply look over them and you'll see this is true.

I've also experienced something else peculiar in about 50 plays or so on this game. I don't have numbers tracked to prove it, but it seems like the longer the game has held me in, the more often I've filled in one of the better spots on the board. I probably don't have a big enough sample to be confident about this though. I've never even gotten the "all prizes on board awarded" feature that I know is possible. Has anyone else experienced this?
    My friend said it happened to him. You mean having a totally filled in board, right?

My two cents on the game after about a little over a dozen plays. It takes quite a bit of coin in just to get to the point there are multiple bingo spots on board and I think the coin in to hitting bingo to average bingo pay to coin out ratio is the only thing you can track.

I also have not seen high prize values without many bingo spots accompanying them. Has anyone seen this? Like high prizes but only one bingo spot?

How much tighter would you play these if the “progressives” are not really progressive but are instead just prize amounts equal to the reset value?

Thread Information