Thread: How does "could have work"?

To say you could have or it could have done, something implies, something was 100% possible. We don't know if the simplest things are even possible if not actually attempted. Maybe there are really 2 choices at a fork in the road or there could be 1 choice or even no choice at the same fork in the road. Perhaps we only thought we thought making a choice. Is this a math problem or a physics problem or do I not know how to use commas and not forget words or forget or getting lost thinking about it or forget the wrong words meaning?

Calm down; take a deep breath.

These unbridled thoughts will soon stop flashing through your noggin.

On the matter of "choice:" there is always a choice involved in everything we do, all of our actions involve making a choice.

Consider this: a guy points a loaded gun to his head and has his finger on the trigger: choice, yes or no?
    What, Me Worry?

The concept you are looking for is Superdeterminism:

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Calm down; take a deep breath.

These unbridled thoughts will soon stop flashing through your noggin.

On the matter of "choice:" there is always a choice involved in everything we do, all of our actions involve making a choice.

Consider this: a guy points a loaded gun to his head and has his finger on the trigger: choice, yes or no?
    If the gun doesn't go off, there isn't a choice as thought. A lot of people wonder about these things, what we think is true is not necessary true. What does it really mean to take a risk, can you learn anything if I tell you it's a risk? Even the same words can bring a different thought between 2 people who think they understand each other. That observation is too easy and still too easy with 1000 words. You know this better than a lot of people. It's an amazing thing to ponder if choice is an illusion and we can easily be fooled. Have to say you're accidentally prophetic and psychic to mention unbridled thoughts going away, they most definitely are but you're saying that for the wrong reasons. Maybe I should show some real intelligence and start saying I don't know more often. It is true the ignorant man says he knows.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Going to watch. Tell me have you ever realized time travel movies have characters who go back to change things just like we try to change things to change our futures in the present? It's their present self trying to change their futures and they keep having to go back again and again making things worse. I hardly even remember my child hood or my 20s. It boils down to 1 thought to represent how many years. Say the same word over and over, it becomes something different just the same if you keep having the same memory relived, you also change it unrecognized from the original. Maybe I really am seeking enlightenment and it is my purpose. It's the only thing I've ever wanted. I don't even know what enlightenment is but a cult would be nice. Having my own cult, my fucking leader would probably not let me without me even knowing it or even knowing who he is. FML we are resharted.

Psychosis is a terrible disease.

Originally Posted by theywontpayontuesday View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Going to watch. Tell me have you ever realized time travel movies have characters who go back to change things just like we try to change things to change our futures in the present? It's their present self trying to change their futures and they keep having to go back again and again making things worse. I hardly even remember my child hood or my 20s. It boils down to 1 thought to represent how many years. Say the same word over and over, it becomes something different just the same if you keep having the same memory relived, you also change it unrecognized from the original. Maybe I really am seeking enlightenment and it is my purpose. It's the only thing I've ever wanted. I don't even know what enlightenment is but a cult would be nice. Having my own cult, my fucking leader would probably not let me without me even knowing it or even knowing who he is. FML we are resharted.
    You'll note that that question is addressed in the youtube podcast I linked to. Basically in Superdeterminism, everything is set in stone already and there is no free will. In this mindset, free will is an illusion created by the fact that there are so many knobs and dials (variables). The present is simply a point on the cassette tape. I have no opinion on the matter - just pointing you to a youtube video that addresses your question.

To say you could have or it could have done, something implies, something was 100% possible. We don't know if the simplest things are even possible if not actually attempted. Maybe there are really 2 choices at a fork in the road or there could be 1 choice or even no choice at the same fork in the road. Perhaps we only thought we thought making a choice. Is this a math problem or a physics problem or do I not know how to use commas and not forget words or forget or getting lost thinking about it or forget the wrong words meaning?
    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it!"
    Yogi Berra
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Fuck you dude. Serious as fuck, we'll all cheer the day you're dead in some ditch. You're a fucking narcissist trying to make up for the piece of shit you are, your small dick, your fat wife and your ugly kids. You have a lie for everything and a put down for everyone. Put that double up up your ass. You're a god damned moron and don't even know the fuck what you're talking about and you don't even belong anywhere.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Fuck you dude. Serious as fuck, we'll all cheer the day you're dead in some ditch. You're a fucking narcissist trying to make up for the piece of shit you are, your small dick, your fat wife and your ugly kids. You have a lie for everything and a put down for everyone. Put that double up up your ass. You're a god damned moron and don't even know the fuck what you're talking about and you don't even belong anywhere.
    Lulz

Say you're to be executed if you broke an oath to not forewarn someone you felt compelled to warn and the executor planted a sure-fire way to communicate and you had to take it. Maybe you wouldn't have if not planted a chance to betray your captors who enslaved you by taking away your freedoms. No way to win feels like no choice. If you stay quiet you lose, and if you speak out you lose.

Thread Information