Thread: Delores Lake in the high desert- New life?

Druff covered this on the PFA radio show months ago in the Vegas and Mojave history segment. This property now has a new owner and I guess change is coming. It seems to be a roller coaster that never really turns a profit.

Lake Dolores Park, Yermo, CA
    Just an FYI for those who are interested.... So, I heard the park is reopening (again) as owners have tried to do in the past. But this time around it really is taking place with an official groundbreaking scheduled for February 13th, at 10:00AM.
    I substantiated this rumor by driving out to the site to see if if it was true. Sure enough it is.
    The pictures posted are of what I took and as you can see in one of the photos a guy in an orange shirt walking back to his water truck who I spoke to and this is what he asked me to pass on.....
    The park will consist of 4 Motocross tracks, 2 Razor ATV tracks, a Concert Arena, a 40 space RV campground with hookups, and the old Lazy River will reopen but the old King of the Hill water slide will not, that it will be going away. Out behind the facility there will also be an Off-road racing track that will be partially on the park grounds and sprawl out into the desert like the Stoddard Off-road area managed by the Bureau of Land Management.
    He asked me to let ya all know there will be graffiti contests held every Saturday with a $5000 prize going to the 1st place winner starting the 26th of this month (February).

Follow them here for more info- https://www.instagram.com/doloreslak...QtcqSYY5gTmpY4

Also, this was posted, but I dont know much about it...

Last edited by Desertrunner; 02-13-2022 at 12:18 AM.

Thread Information