Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got it All Right

As was stated at the beginning of the "pandemic" by many of us here at VCT, the lockdowns caused a huge number of deaths from suicide,drug abuse/alcoholism, and the inability to get health care service for non-Covid-19 health issues - dwarfing the deaths caused by covid-19 itself.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Mickey will love me for this, but for those following my blog's "Propaganda Files" entries, especially this last week, I appear to have gotten almost everything correct on multiple fronts. Either I'm prescient, or professional gamblers have a nose for the news.

First, I will post the links to recent blog entries. Then, I will post a link to the NYTimes story coming out today regarding CDC data.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...ation-and.html

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...d-tactics.html

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...-two-what.html

Here's the NYTimes report:

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-isnt-publ...124915536.html
    How did your advocacy of a long lockdown square with the Johns Hopkins study?

If you'll notice, the Johns Hopkins study conclusions had to do with just the U.S. and western Europe, which is not the majority of the planet. And lockdowns did reduce deaths in Europe and the U.S. I suppose the calculus is they didn't prevent enough deaths in the U.S. and Europe to make them "worthwhile."
    Did the lockdowns prevent deaths or just postpone them until the lockdowns end?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

How did your advocacy of a long lockdown square with the Johns Hopkins study?

If you'll notice, the Johns Hopkins study conclusions had to do with just the U.S. and western Europe, which is not the majority of the planet. And lockdowns did reduce deaths in Europe and the U.S. I suppose the calculus is they didn't prevent enough deaths in the U.S. and Europe to make them "worthwhile."

Taking that question verbatim, nothing prevents anything because everybody (outside of Jesus of Nazareth, Osiris, and Count Dracula) dies permanently at some point.

The U.S. and western Europe, combined, have a billion people. Asia alone has 4.5 billion. Have you looked up how many lives were saved by lockdowns in Asia? If you haven't, then why not?

Heads up. Here's a link to Dr. John Campbell's latest.

Everybody should watch this.

I suspect Campbell is now free to state what he has implied to this point, because there are peer reviewed published papers stating results in unequivocal ways. Had he said this without the papers, YouTube would have tried to suspend him.

The real question is, how many lives would have been saved if we all read Red’s blog? I mean the guy got it all right. I did read the last two.

Taking that question verbatim, nothing prevents anything because everybody (outside of Jesus of Nazareth, Osiris, and Count Dracula) dies permanently at some point.

The U.S. and western Europe, combined, have a billion people. Asia alone has 4.5 billion. Have you looked up how many lives were saved by lockdowns in Asia? If you haven't, then why not?
    I don't live in Asia and a billion people is a big enough sample space for me. Apparently, you don't think it is when it doesn't fit your narrative. The countries with the long lockdowns have only postponed the inevitable; that covid will spread when they open back up.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    As was stated at the beginning of the "pandemic" by many of us here at VCT, the lockdowns caused a huge number of deaths from suicide,drug abuse/alcoholism, and the inability to get health care service for non-Covid-19 health issues - dwarfing the deaths caused by covid-19 itself.
    And the healthcare system would have melted down in a way we didn't begin to see if there has been 0 lockdowns/mask wearing. Granted, it would have been over quicker but really no one knows. "Dwarfing" is exceptionally questionable. Lets look up suicide rates... as I don't think that many people drank themselves to death that quickly nor were there that many ODs.

Actually LOL google suicide rates during pandemic. They actually went DOWN. That seems to be the consensus.

That leaves the lack of healthcare, which is also uhm debatable.

Were people denied healthcare due to lockdowns? Physicians etc can put up whatever rules they wish. Can you even show me a law/lockdown that prevented people from having healthcare?

Collectivism isn't like some evil that is anti-Western. The US could use a bit more to help stay competitive with China. Just because government suggests things doesn't mean you have to be anti.

If we consider what would have happened without any measures, one thing for certain is healthcare would have been MUCH worse for those who caught COVID during that time as healthcare would have been slammed in a way we have never seen.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 03-11-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    And the healthcare system would have melted down in a way we didn't begin to see if there has been 0 lockdowns/mask wearing. Granted, it would have been over quicker but really no one knows. "Dwarfing" is exceptionally questionable. Lets look up suicide rates... as I don't think that many people drank themselves to death that quickly nor were there that many ODs.

Actually LOL google suicide rates during pandemic. They actually went DOWN. That seems to be the consensus.

Were people denied healthcare due to lockdowns? Physicians etc can put up whatever rules they wish. Can you even show me a law/lockdown that prevented people from having healthcare?

Collectivism isn't like some evil that is anti-Western. The US could use a bit more to help stay competitive with China. Just because government suggests things doesn't mean you have to be anti.

If we consider what would have happened without any measures, one thing for certain is healthcare would have been MUCH worse for those who caught COVID during that time as healthcare would have been slammed in a way we have never seen.
    Deaths are up 40% according to insurance firms. It was already posted on VCT, but it was ignored.

Deaths are up 40% according to insurance firms. It was already posted on VCT, but it was ignored.
    This is easy to track down. Some CEO of some insurance company said 40% increase in deaths then all these fake news bloggers/bs artists extrapolated that it was vaccines.

What actually suggests it was vaccines and not covid causing the death increase?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

This is easy to track down. Some CEO of some insurance company said 40% increase in deaths then all these fake news bloggers/bs artists extrapolated that it was vaccines.

What actually suggests it was vaccines and not covid causing the death increase?
    No one said anything about vaccines causing all the death increases. I just stated the various main causes.

No one said anything about vaccines causing all the death increases. I just stated the various main causes.
    My bad, I did lose track of the argument I was arguing against. So the question should have been "What actually suggests the increase in death can not mostly be attributed to covid directly?"

My bad, I did lose track of the argument I was arguing against. So the question should have been "What actually suggests the increase in death can not mostly be attributed to covid directly?"
    The 40% increase in deaths of the under-40-years-old population year over year. This age segment of the population is at very low risk of dying of covid.

The 40% increase in deaths of the under-40-years-old population year over year. This age segment of the population is at very low risk of dying of covid.
    You are dealing with accountinquestion who has this same mentality.
    Mission146 thinks the same thing.
    It's hard to have a discussion with people who think this way...

“They’re a private company, they can do what they want” - every shitlib -

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1502702105760395268

Originally Posted by monet View Post

Marathon Mission is not a Libtard, he's a left leaning Libertarian along with V (Formerly known as BetCheckBet). The opposite of Brand who's a right leaning Libertarian.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Marathon Mission is not a Libtard, he's a left leaning Libertarian along with V (Formerly known as BetCheckBet). The opposite of Brand who's a right leaning Libertarian.
    That's complicated!
    Left Leaning Libertarian = ShitLib

That's complicated!
    Left Leaning Libertarian = ShitLib
    He's somewhere in the middle between you and Walter Sobchak

He's somewhere in the middle between you and Walter Sobchak
    My bowling average is better.

lulz @ the cherry-picking.

I don't recall reading the under 40 aspect in the insurance CEO's comments but it is at least a logical argument, even if it isn't really a counter-argument to what we were arguing.

I don't really believe it is true, but I leave it to you to post the under 40 quote.

BTW people under 40 die of covid at a lower rate, but they also die of a lower rate for MOST things, so I don't even think your argument holds even IF the CEO actually said the under 40 part.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 03-13-2022 at 08:00 PM.

You're an idiot. So what do you think should be done? The government should force Youtube to show anything and everything?

That puts us far closer to China and/or Russia. Russia has mostly state media, China is little better. Fuck that shit.

Look, if you want to watch dumbfuckery videos, then go find the dumbfuck video streaming service. I'm SURE it exists.

If we were invaded all the invaders would need to do is throw down some hotdogs you'd be rolling around on the ground face 2 inches high to slurp em down. Fuck off.

"What actually suggests the increase in death can not mostly be attributed to covid directly?"
    BTW people under 40 die of covid at a lower rate, but they also die of a lower rate for MOST things, so I don't even think your argument holds even IF the CEO actually said the under 40 part.
    I leave it to you to post the under 40 quote.

If they die of other things besides covid then you argue against your own statement in red with the statement in green.
    Here is the quote you are looking for.
    https://www.kusi.com/there-was-an-un...eaths-in-2021/

Thread Information