Thread: The guy who AP'd The Price is Right.

We've all seen the story about Michael Larson on Press Your Luck. Even though his Advantage Play (AP) was a one off experience, it still took some time and study. Here's the story though of Theodore Slauson who not only AP'd TPIR for himself, he did it for YEARS and for many contestants. Pretty interesting.

I hope I don't resemble this guy in how weird he is. He is like a robot for low wages because it took so long to be paid for the effort. It's all he did and he might not have time for something else.

The amount is irrelevant. The fact he did this for years and cost the companies providing the merchandise countless thousands of dollars by helping contestants win instead of lose.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    The amount is irrelevant. The fact he did this for years and cost the companies providing the merchandise countless thousands of dollars by helping contestants win instead of lose.
    Great stuff JBJB. I remember one AP contestant who got the wheel to hit 100 twice for $25K on the second spin and she won both showcases also - but of course Theodore Slauson did his thing for years as you wrote.

Obviously the wheel is tough unless you get multiple spins and can clock it. As for pricing games, the easiest has to be Cliff Hangers. Just say $25, $35, and $45 for each of the 3 product in that order and you'll win every time.

I'm surprised Bob Barker is still alive. Was one of those google searches I expected to say "Bob Barker was".

Originally Posted by theywontpayontuesday View Post
    I'm surprised Bob Barker is still alive. Was one of those google searches I expected to say "Bob Barker was".
    He always pops up on everyone's yearly deadpool poll.

I have a hard time believing that the Price is Right doesn't want to give all those prizes away.
    With the exception of cheating the dollar wheel in some way.
    It's not like gaming PRESS YOUR LUCK where you could walk away with 80k+ everyday because of a glitch.
    The Price is Right has to have a much larger budget when compared to PRESS YOUR LUCK.
    All that money they make in spraying and neutering must cover the daily nut with ease.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I have a hard time believing that the Price is Right doesn't want to give all those prizes away.
    It's not like gaming PRESS YOUR LUCK where you could walk away with 80k+ everyday because of a glitch.
    The Price is Right has to have a much larger budget when compared to PRESS YOUR LUCK.
    All that money they make in spraying and neutering must cover the daily nut with ease.
    TPIR doesn't care because the manufacturers supply the items at little or no cost and ad revenue from commercials pays for any of it. The manufacturers are the ones losing more to people like him.

TPIR doesn't care because the manufacturers supply the items at little or no cost and ad revenue from commercials pays for any of it. The manufacturers are the ones losing more to people like him.
    What's funny about TPIR is how they assume everyone is a homeowner. What is Shawonda going to do with a power boat or backyard barbecue grill and/or pizza oven at her apartment in the projects ?

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    What's funny about TPIR is how they assume everyone is a homeowner. What is Shawonda going to do with a power boat or backyard barbecue grill and/or pizza oven at her apartment in the projects ?
    I could be wrong here but I think they can take a cash offer option at the end of the show.
    Behind the scenes, probably at some discounted rate.
    All winnings reported to the IRS though.
    Got to pay the man... right?
    Suckers!

I could be wrong here but I think they can take a cash offer option at the end of the show.
    Suckers!
    That makes a lot of cents Monet - I think you are exactly right.

Suckers!
    I dont think they do the cash option on this show. And taxes must be paid before receiving any prize.

https://www.distractify.com/p/what-h...price-is-right

Suckers!
    I dont think they do the cash option on this show. And taxes must be paid before receiving any prize.

https://www.distractify.com/p/what-h...price-is-right
    Wow. I guess that's why people pass on certain showcases, LOL. Anyhow, make sure you have the money to get to LAX or the port of Los Angeles so you can use the vacation you won (I presume these are the airport and cruise ship starting points).

Thread Information