Thread: Why you should be packing in your hotel room.

Sharing this because I want Druff to get more serious about his road trip and hotel security. When I am in Vegas or any hotel, I am armed. If you can get armed, get a good flashlight and pepper spray. This nation is getting more dangerous right now, better adjust.

Auburn, CA-some clown breached his hotel adjoining door and entered the next room over and surprised an elderly couple.

I think it is safer grabbing the gun by the barrel than having one in a fight unless you're a sniper.

I always pack in my hotel room.

Packing in the hallway, the lobby, or the elevator would be too inconvenient because you would have to drag all your stuff out there along with your bags.

I sometimes pack locally as I have a CWP but I wouldn't bring my S&W 9MM to Las Vegas as I couldn't carry concealed: no reciprocity, alas.
    What, Me Worry?

A good flashlight???

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I sometimes pack locally as I have a CWP but I wouldn't bring my S&W 9MM to Las Vegas as I couldn't carry concealed: no reciprocity, alas.
    Get the AZ or UT CCW permit and then you can use it in NV. (I live in CA and my AZ permit is on its way to me now)

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    A good flashlight???
    Always have a good flashlight on you when on the road.

A good flashlight???
    Always have a good flashlight on you when on the road.[/QUOTE]

I think I generally have 3-4 crappy flashlights along in the form of my phone, on my multi tool, one on a hat, and a headlamp as perhaps the only decent one.

Anyway…..would you explain why you think it’s important?

Yeah, same problem here. I can carry in Florida, but outside of Florida - no bueno.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

A good flashlight???
    Always have a good flashlight on you when on the road.
    I think I generally have 3-4 crappy flashlights along in the form of my phone, on my multi tool, one on a hat, and a headlamp as perhaps the only decent one.

Anyway…..would you explain why you think it’s important?
    Why you should have a good (and not cheap) flashlight on you- The power goes out in your home, hotel or anywhere else. On the road, always need for a flat fire, accident investigation or emergency. Also, if someone is breaking into your home or hotel room, you throw a good bright blinding beam on them and they might just leave or back off. If you dont have a firearm in this situation, then a good flashlight might help.

I recommend a top quality light that is USB rechargeable. Then you always have the cables on hand anyways and can charge like you do with your cell phone.

Some of the top USB rechargeable I recommend are- Streamlight, Pelican and Surefire. Tier 2- Fenix and Nebo. I always recommend NOT going cheap and consider a good light as a life safety tool.

Druff, snowtracks and I all have a Streamlight Protac HPL and its a beast. There are some smaller units out there. I recommend buying a good light and keeping it as a lifetime investment. Most lights have a lifetime warranty as well.

YouTube is full of flashlight reviews, here is one of them...

Last edited by Desertrunner; 03-11-2022 at 12:39 AM.

Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Yeah, same problem here. I can carry in Florida, but outside of Florida - no bueno.
    Get your Florida CCW or get the AZ or UT version as well. The AZ will cost you $66.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resou...se-Reciprocity
    https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

Thread Information