Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Largest study to date on Ivermectin and guess what...

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Robitussin works better then any other shit you guys are buying.
    When I had what I am guessing was Covid in the 1st half of March 2020, perhaps I should have tried it instead of the hard stuff - Tylenol that is.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    When I had what I am guessing was Covid in the 1st half of March 2020, perhaps I should have tried it instead of the hard stuff - Tylenol that is.
    Covid has to be over.
    Joe Rogan said he got it a second time in the form of Omnicron and only had a runny nose.
    Tested Negative in one day after testing positive.
    Granted he has all the medicines at his disposal and he took all of them.
    He preaches kind of big on the monoclonal antibodies and I tend to believe him.
    However, as I said before, 97% of people under 75 will not have any problems whatsoever and not need hospitalization no matter what they take, vaccinated or not.

Nobody cares anymore anyways.
    Heck, they don't even care about the Ukraine anymore.
    The MSM has moved onto other Fake Stories.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Covid has to be over.
    Joe Rogan said he got it a second time in the form of Omnicron and only had a runny nose.
    However, as I said before, 97% of people under 75 will not have any problems whatsoever and not need hospitalization no matter what they take, vaccinated or not.

Yes. I'm sure you find it as funny as I do, when you see people still masking up in their car and still masking up when walking by themselves around town.

Yes. I'm sure you find it as funny as I do, when you see people still masking up in their car and still masking up when walking by themselves around town.
    I was so happy when I went into Albertsons a couple weeks ago and I seen about 75% of people unmasked.
    Albertsons stated that they would force everyone in Vegas to mask up even though the mandate was lifted.
    Obviously, they couldn't enforce that and they took their No Mask No Service signs down.
    I haven't seen them publicly acknowledge this but its clear that they are not requiring customers to wear masks to shop.

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Well, they're not exactly wrong are they? (if you assume we're talking about COVID treatment)
    If you pinpoint it down to the specific issue of ivermectin efficacy against covid, I don't know. My impression is the evidence is mixed. Study results have gone both ways, and the latest one is preliminary afaik and has some possibly major limitations. But it stuns me that leftists can be so smug in the broader context of covid response. For two years, Dems have been the party of "If it saves just one life" ... we have to destroy society.

The ivermectin controversy is more largely about medical tyranny. The left thirsts for government monopolization of health care -- not because they particularly care about poor people, but because they want to shut out their political enemies from basic functions of life. You call it a conspiracy theory, I call it a spoiler alert.
    I don't think there is much controversy in terms of Ivermectin's prophylactic capabilities against Covid (and not that you wrote that there was) - but for treatment of an existing infection by itself and not as part of a compound therapy, drawing the conclusion that it doesn't work by itself would be foolhardy, and it amazes me that the left-leaning are shutting the door on it.

The main problem with the two Ivermectin studies that demonstrate negligible effect is that both studies used Ivermectin precisely as advocates would say to NOT use it. They used Ivermectin after people were ill enough to seek medical treatment, and they were charted going forward. Ivermectin advocates would say it should be used (1) as a prophylactic and (2) immediately after presumed exposure, NOT after acquiring serious symptoms. So the two studies were, in effect, non sequiturs to the question of whether Ivermectin "works."

I address the differential media treatments of Covid topics in my Propaganda Files series. Here's one regarding an Ivermectin study and a vaccine side effect study.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...o-studies.html

I'll have the follow-up to this posted in the next 48 hours.

I guess if you can't obtain the medicine you want you can travel to Kansas and pick some up.

Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine off-label prescription bill passes Kansas Senate in late-night vote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivermecti...112629662.html

Good Post.
    Thanks! I doubt my 1-in-20 rate is sustainable long-term, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm not as well-read on the topic as some here, but I try to understand basics of how reality works. It's often asserted that Fauci must be a good guy because of his long tenure serving both political parties. This tells me he's a swamp creature.

Here's the question. Some conspiracy theorists have alleged that treatments were suppressed to protect the vaccine emergency use authorization. What's the evidence against the theory? If ivermectin is blacklisted by the covid regime, then researchers are likely to steer clear of reporting positive results.

Good Post.
    Thanks! I doubt my 1-in-20 rate is sustainable long-term, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm not as well-read on the topic as some here, but I try to understand basics of how reality works. It's often asserted that Fauci must be a good guy because of his long tenure serving both political parties. This tells me he's a swamp creature.

Here's the question. Some conspiracy theorists have alleged that treatments were suppressed to protect the vaccine emergency use authorization. What's the evidence against the theory? If ivermectin is blacklisted by the covid regime, then researchers are likely to steer clear of reporting positive results.
    It is unfortunate the concocting a study where people take the Ivermectin with a control group and all that is such a hard thing to do with Western medicine. There are numerous hospitals/university medical centers etc which are not under the thumb of these vaccination providing corporations.

What is redietz saying, we take ivermectin at some sort of interval to keep it in our system as a prophylactic ?

The thing with Fauci is it COULD maybe just be that not everyone who works for the government is motivated by the same motivations you're assuming. Perhaps his peers respect him and he does his job well. Every sane administration that shows up sees a fairly neutral dude who is widely seen as an expert. Why WOULDN'T they keep him in place? There isn't really much political about his role. The assumptions I see here seem kinda simple, as if everyone shares the same value system and people who are doctors are all necessarily money grubbers and not people who set out to be a positive thing in the world.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

The thing with Fauci is it COULD maybe just be that not everyone who works for the government is motivated by the same motivations you're assuming.
    Anything's possible, but he's engaged in the criminal enterprise of coercing medical decisions. Criminals are not usually well-intentioned people.

The thing with Fauci is it COULD maybe just be that not everyone who works for the government is motivated by the same motivations you're assuming.
    Anything's possible, but he's engaged in the criminal enterprise of coercing medical decisions. Criminals are not usually well-intentioned people.

Well, I'm not saying great minds may think alike, but you might enjoy:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...ome-notes.html

Good Post.

It is unfortunate the concocting a study where people take the Ivermectin with a control group and all that is such a hard thing to do with Western medicine. There are numerous hospitals/university medical centers etc which are not under the thumb of these vaccination providing corporations.

What is redietz saying, we take ivermectin at some sort of interval to keep it in our system as a prophylactic ?

The thing with Fauci is it COULD maybe just be that not everyone who works for the government is motivated by the same motivations you're assuming. Perhaps his peers respect him and he does his job well. Every sane administration that shows up sees a fairly neutral dude who is widely seen as an expert. Why WOULDN'T they keep him in place? There isn't really much political about his role. The assumptions I see here seem kinda simple, as if everyone shares the same value system and people who are doctors are all necessarily money grubbers and not people who set out to be a positive thing in the world.
    Despite my serious issues with the forum administrator, I try to pass along important Covid information. Here is a podcast discussing a BMJ essay that lays out the issues pretty clearly. I downloaded the peer reviewed essay and will read it later today. I suggest everyone do the same.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Here is a podcast discussing a BMJ essay that lays out the issues pretty clearly. I downloaded the peer reviewed essay and will read it later today.
    Quick impressions before I watch the video. BMJ recommends (1) liberating regulators from drug company funding, (2) taxing pharma companies to pay for independent trials, and (3) reforming trial data protocols.

I say the problems arise from the egregious power granted to regulators, who dictate treatment availability in the marketplace. I would abolish prescriptions and all other drug restrictions for adults. If the FDA must exist, its role should be advisory only. Remove power from the regulators, and you remove the incentive to capture them.

^^^ Does that last sentence need the comma? I can't decide.

Quick impressions before I watch the video.
    Halfway through I had to skip ahead toward the end. I'm glad leftists are recognizing problems with the system, but imo the leftist solutions are at best, rearrangements of deck chairs on the Britannic.

^^^ Does that last sentence need two commas? I can't decide.

Vanity Fair may get a Pulitzer for this. A study from Ontario regarding vaccine side effects. And a summary of Ivermectin studies and the problem with the U.S.

https://philharper.substack.com/p/iv...rful-lobby?s=r

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...ak-controversy

Largest Study reported by the NY Times = Propaganda

^^^ Watched the first 10 minutes, no lies detected.

But he'll still support Bernie's next socialized medicine proposal. Am I wrong about that?

^^^ Watched the first 10 minutes, no lies detected.

But he'll still support Bernie's next socialized medicine proposal. Am I wrong about that?
    Not too sure.
    I know he is big on Free Medical Care and Unions.
    For the most part, he is Entertainment.
    He is a Comedian.
    In either case, he reports better news compared to the MSM.
    Seems to be a trend with Comedians and YouTube these days.
    Last I seen I think Jimmy Dore makes about 1 Million per year from doing this YouTube Show.
    So you wouldn't think he is going to do anything to jeopardize that easy nut.
    In the 80's we had something similar in Morton Downey Jr.

I know he is big on Free Medical Care and Unions.
    And free college. And ($15) minimum wage.

He's probably well intentioned, but doesn't understand economics and hasn't thought through the full consequences of his proposals. He's come to recognize that government causes problems, but is locked into the mindset that problems can only be solved by government.

Covid has to be over.

Easy to tell whose a democrat nowadays. They are still wearing masks.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Covid has to be over.

Easy to tell whose a democrat nowadays. They are still wearing masks.
    I still do and I'm not one.

Fuck facial recognition technology.

Thread Information