Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Note From Alan

Janet will get five days off from treatment at the end of the month and God willing she'll be well enough to go back home for the first time in three months. I know she wants to see her house and her dog again... she's been so afraid she'll never see them again. And I know she'd love to sit at her favorite keno machine at the Rio. Yes, Janet plays keno. OMG. LOL. This is one of her favorite photos. She loves shows and restaurants in Vegas. She has always been so full of life wanting to cram action into every waking moment. I guess that's what you do when you are constantly fighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Funny, I don't remember unbanning Alan. I must have at some point at his request. Not that I mind him posting here... he's welcome to. He asked to be banned, and I did so. I must have unbanned him at some point.

I'm a bit confused about Janet, though. Wasn't she the one you married quickly, and then some big dudes came over and helped her abruptly move out? I never quite understood what happened there, but I didn't pry because it was your personal business. Am I remembering this right? If so, what is your status with her now?

In any case, cancer is awful, and most people on this forum are now at the age where it can hit anytime, myself included. Good luck to her.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

As quickly as the bad stuff happened we were back as friends. Over the past 4+ years we have been in frequent contact. In January of last year she needed my help with her cancer treatments. I couldn't say no.

Alan. So sorry your ex-wife and good friend is going through such serious health issues. You're a good man. From your old friend at the LVA forums AlanLeroy. You were MoneyLA back then. Those were the days!

Unowme I remember you well. Thank you.

It's a tough job being a caregiver. But its worse having cancer. First lung cancer and now leukemia.

7am and back at the hospital. I sit here. She has infusions. I have no right to complain and I'm not. I just want my baby girl back.

That's the thing about exes: you never know how well you'll get along post-divorce.

Too bad love can turn to hate so quickly.

Me, I've always gotten along with my ex, I work on / maintain her car, lend a sympathetic ear, just basically act like I care, which is all most of us want from others: to simply give a shit about us and try to help us along during difficult times.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    That's the thing about exes: you never know how well you'll get along post-divorce.

Too bad love can turn to hate so quickly.

Me, I've always gotten along with my ex, I work on / maintain her car, lend a sympathetic ear, just basically act like I care, which is all most of us want from others: to simply give a shit about us and try to help us along during difficult times.
    Well said.

ACTING like you care is the most lawyerly thing ever…

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    ACTING like you care is the most lawyerly thing ever…
    "Acting" as in "action," not as in "I'm a thesbian pretending to care."

You see, it is a lot easier to actually care about an ex with whose help you created and raised a child; much tougher to feel warm and fuzzy toward clients, who come to you as strangers: it takes awhile.
    What, Me Worry?

So many cynics.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    So many cynics.
    Just another lost soul seeking validation.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    So many cynics.
    Name:  bra.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  24.7 KB

I guess, bra ---> bar, for Mr.V; and, bra ---> rab(bi) for Alan.

In any event, a couple of tits. One the mirror image of the other.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

As if you are some sort of superior being compared to the rest of us.
    Smoke another bowl.

Janet must be feeling better. She sent me out to buy her underwear.

Honestly, it was the first time in my 70 years I bought underwear for a girl.

Not the first time you bought girl's underwear. Just the first time you bought them for a girl.

Just kidding. Hope that is a good sign.

She also told me to stop at Arbys and get her a beef and cheddar. It's the first solid food she ate all week.

This is what you fight for guys... not stupid arguments.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I wouldn't fight for that.

Well that’s a new low. What an ass.
    Anyone got a Louisville slugger handy?

It really seems Alan in posting in the wrong place for sympathy.

That being said after reading this I wish him and his wife the best and most positive experiences for their time together.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information