So this isn’t, but could be considered a troll thread, in my world.

I’m in the USVI for a few days because it’s one of few places an American can go from the US mainland without a Covid test or the need to wear a mask. Anyways if anyone wants pictures I can gladly post them.

Anyone who has visited can attest to the crazy taxi system there that drives up and down the mountains. Cheaper than a Disney ride but certainly more risky.

So I meet a guy and his wife, both well dressed young people who we struck up a conversation with. He’s here living his life based on his earnings from video game tournaments. Which is crazy to me growing up on Atari and Nintendo.

We started talking about when we came from and he brought up a tournament he won for $20,000 in Johnstown PA, which is in the middle of nowhere in PA. Says he makes over $150,000 a year playing video games. Not sure KJ or many other AP’s can claim that.

Totally new world to me but immediately I thought of ZenKing. He claims to have come in 2nd in a World Class tournament years ago. Which I have no reason to doubt, but I wonder why he didn’t stick with it?

He obviously had a talent few possessed. Maybe it’s a lesson to stick with what we are good at. Who knows?

Either way, unless the guy was full of shit, it shows there is money in Video games for the best players. I wonder if ZK was one of them or full of excuses like he is with BJ?