Page 112 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2634

Thread: When Weakness Prevails, Show Them The Meaning of Strength

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

RED this is what you and others don’t get or won’t admit. The election was “won” by Biden because he had more votes in the states he needed. The question is where the votes came from and was it “fair” by the ways we considered how elections work and how votes were collected before 2020. No I don’t believe votes were changed in Dominion machines and other conspiracy theories. But I 100% believe votes were collected from people who had no interest in voting, would have never voted, and only voted because they were mailed a ballot they would have never requested. And in most cases, they were Biden votes from liberal cities and registered Democrats.

Not sure how anyone can argue that this didn’t happen. I give Democrats credit for being crafty enough to see this opportunity, seize upon it and get votes from voters they would have never had in a normal non Covid year. They saw opportunity to expand voting and used Covid as an excuse to push mail voting, which was always a goal of theirs. They know a certain segment of the population is too uncaring or lazy to show up and vote and wouldn’t request a mail in ballot. But send it to them automatically and have a Dem operative offer to show up and collect it, they may fill out it. And they executed it to a level high enough to tip the election in battleground states. Take this away and Trump won these same states in larger margins than 2016.

Unfortunately we are all now paying for it with what it did to our economy.
    You can just say black people instead of coding it Boz, everyone knows what you meant. Biden certainly hasn’t helped but I’d argue keeping interest rates artificially low for at least five years longer than they should have been created a caricature in assets of the economy that was on the ground bubble that was inevitably going to pop whenever the artificially cheap money gift stopped.
    Artificially cheap money? Do you mean the 4K in covid money that even people with absolutely no work history got? Do you mean the 2 trillion Biden dumped into the economy? How about the 6 trillion with Build Back Better? If you think inflation is bad now just think what it would be if Build Back Better got through.
    Yeah that’s a large part of it…. But it’s been a synthetic/artificially boosted economic market for damn near 15 years ever since they boosted the economy during the last recession. The economy was healthy enough to go back to more normalized interest rates all the way back in 2014 rather than being forced to at a bad time now.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I like how people pick sides and fight each other on all the political stuff. When in reality it is all one uni-party in charge and you are being used to serve their needs. Voting doesn't really matter anymore.

Personally I don't believe anyone without skin in the game should vote (i.e. mandatory property ownership). You should also have to pass a cognitive test.

I don't vote anymore because I could give a fuck about "society's" rules. I live by my own rules.
    I agree with some of this. 2 party fucks up everything as does the electoral college where these largely irrelevant hick states are seriously over-represented. This dilutes *my* vote because i live in a populous state.

We need multiple parties and let them work together.

Owned property != skin in the game. I have to disagree with that. You don't even truly OWN property where I live. You basically lease it out from the government via property taxes which you purchase the right to do.

There are many ways we all have skin in the game. Paying taxes is far more of having skin in the game than owning some piece of land somewhere.
    LOL! You live in a populous hick state. The real effect of Biden oil policy is there is about 3 million barrels a day less production in the U.S. The Canadian oil thru Keystone is not coming down. The Alaska Pipeline, with the shut down ANWR, right next to it is moving just a trickle of oil these days.

Supply and demand. But here's another little secret. Union Pacific Railroad has cut diesel shipments to Pilot/Flying J by 25% causing their price of diesel to skyrocket. What gives? One of the main and influential shareholders of UP, Blackrock, is heavily invested in electric car production. Another conspiracy theory. Right, Red?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I like how people pick sides and fight each other on all the political stuff. When in reality it is all one uni-party in charge and you are being used to serve their needs. Voting doesn't really matter anymore.

Personally I don't believe anyone without skin in the game should vote (i.e. mandatory property ownership). You should also have to pass a cognitive test.

I don't vote anymore because I could give a fuck about "society's" rules. I live by my own rules.
    I agree with some of this. 2 party fucks up everything as does the electoral college where these largely irrelevant hick states are seriously over-represented. This dilutes *my* vote because i live in a populous state.

Owned property != skin in the game. I have to disagree with that. You don't even truly OWN property where I live. You basically lease it out from the government via property taxes which you purchase the right to do.

There are many ways we all have skin in the game. Paying taxes is far more of having skin in the game than owning some piece of land somewhere.
    LOL! You live in a populous hick state. The real effect of Biden oil policy is there is about 3 million barrels a day less production in the U.S. The Canadian oil thru Keystone is not coming down. The Alaska Pipeline, with the shut down ANWR, right next to it is moving just a trickle of oil these days.

Supply and demand. But here's another little secret. Union Pacific Railroad has cut diesel shipments to Pilot/Flying J by 25% causing their price of diesel to skyrocket. What gives? One of the main and influential shareholders of UP, Blackrock, is heavily invested in electric car production. Another conspiracy theory. Right, Red?
    My comments had nothing to do with oil. It has to do with our system of representation which is just flawed all around. It has lots of things going for it but a lot of issues.

I have been meaning to read about all the pipeline stuff you mentioned in another post, but that was a different thread of conversation.

From what i can tell the #1 and pretty much sole purpose of corporations is to make as much money as possible. If corporate behavior can be explained by that you rarely need a conspiracy involving electric cars.

The state I live in is definitely one of the larger ones so it is the one who takes the hit on the power per citizen in the Senate. We also do tons of relevant things. There are some midwest states that barely do anything but farm and far far fewer people, but somehow they get the same number of Senators. Those are the irrelevant hick states. They have no centers of innovation. NY, CA, TX all have plenty of innovation outside of corn growin'.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

My comments had nothing to do with oil. It has to do with our system of representation which is just flawed all around. It has lots of things going for it but a lot of issues.

I have been meaning to read about all the pipeline stuff you mentioned in another post, but that was a different thread of conversation.

From what i can tell the #1 and pretty much sole purpose of corporations is to make as much money as possible. If corporate behavior can be explained by that you rarely need a conspiracy involving electric cars.

The state I live in is definitely one of the larger ones so it is the one who takes the hit on the power per citizen in the Senate. We also do tons of relevant things. There are some midwest states that barely do anything but farm and far far fewer people, but somehow they get the same number of Senators. Those are the irrelevant hick states. They have no centers of innovation. NY, CA, TX all have plenty of innovation outside of corn growin'.
    You have 2 senate seats and 38 congressional seats. States like Wyoming and Delaware have 2 senate seats and 1 congressional seat.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

It's all about white boys maintaining more clout that non-white boys. It's always been about that, but now it's obvious.

Here's my take on the U.S. having lost its international status as a democracy, which was long overdue.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...-anocracy.html
    https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...cracy-now.html

You have 2 senate seats and 38 congressional seats. States like Wyoming and Delaware have 2 senate seats and 1 congressional seat.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connec...20Constitution.

Accounting...The only other option is to have 50 countries...
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post

Or an actual democracy.

Who said that? Did someone say democracy?

And ? The voting power of these small states still far outmatches their population. They should not have near the power they do when creating legislation. I've heard the rationalizations, but ultimately their population is given far more power per capita. It is rubbish. Maybe it made sense during the Founding Fathers but the cracks are starting to show.

It goes far beyond number X vs number Y.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

And ? The voting power of these small states still far outmatches their population. They should not have near the power they do when creating legislation. I've heard the rationalizations, but ultimately their population is given far more power per capita. It is rubbish. Maybe it made sense during the Founding Fathers but the cracks are starting to show.

Account, read my modest offerings. They are short and to the point. Let me backtrack and find my "My Case for Trump" link, also. Here we go.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...for-trump.html

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    It's all about white boys maintaining more clout that non-white boys. It's always been about that, but now it's obvious.

Here's my take on the U.S. having lost its international status as a democracy, which was long overdue.

How do you figure? Back when this was created it was all white guys and slaves. I don't think maintaining racial power is what it is about... Not much has changed in those 200 odd years, not sure why this would change. Framing everything as a racial issue isn't productive.

The only other option WAS to have 50 countries. I have 0 expectation of this being fixed nor do I find it worth actively complaining about.

I do 100% believe it is quite flawed.

How do you figure? Back when this was created it was all white guys and slaves. I don't think maintaining racial power is what it is about... Not much has changed in those 200 odd years, not sure why this would change. Framing everything as a racial issue isn't productive.
    I actually strongly disagree. Today, the best way to get things changed is to frame things as racial. When the overall effect of the electoral college is that every white person gets 1 vote and every non-white gets 9/10 of a vote, clearly that is discriminatory. I think legally, the racial disparity provides the leverage needed to change it.

I actually strongly disagree. Today, the best way to get things changed is to frame things as racial. When the overall effect of the electoral college is that every white person gets 1 vote and every non-white gets 9/10 of a vote, clearly that is discriminatory. I think legally, the racial disparity provides the leverage needed to change it.
    There is no such thing as white privilege. Unless you consider paying your way and not getting handicapped in some way privileges.
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

My basic issue with framing things as race just makes people defensive and unwilling to work together. I am going to send you a whole list of points/questions I have had in past few years. I honestly feel they've come about due to wokeism. I really don't want to post them here though.

Even though I am racist, I don't really don't like to see people use nasty racial names to random people who did 0 to ask for it. I feel that there are just too many hardworking/nice/honest black folk. It is a total slap in their face for trying to be decent people. (yes, looking at your misterV)

Originally Posted by jdaewoo View Post
    I like how mickey keeps saying 2000 mules like they were actual people instead of the title of a shitty fictional film made by a notorious scammer.
    The old "attack the messenger" trick. Have you seen 2000 Mules?

We've never been a democracy. Repeat. We've never been a democracy. Democracy is two lions and a wildebeast voting on what's for dinner. We are a constitutional republic. Look it up, red.

Or an actual democracy.

Who said that? Did someone say democracy?
    The founding fathers knew all about democracy which is known for the tyranny of the majority. That's why they set up a constitutional republic and not a democracy.

So just a few states should dominate the country?

You must be tickled to death about the huge influx of brown people into the country. But did you see that district down in southern Texas that is 85% hispanic vote in a republican.

And here you were hoping that the influx of brown people would get more democrats elected. The mexicans are a hard working, god fearing, family oriented people. They don't fit in with wokes.

BTW, why are all the brown and black people of the earth clamoring so hard to get into "THE MOST RACIST COUNTRY ON EARTH?" Red, don't these people know how diabolically racist white Americans are?

Damn, looks like they would want to stay in countries where the leaders are the same color they are. They should be treated much better when their leaders are the same color they are. Right, Red? No need to come here and deal with all this racism.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 06-21-2022 at 04:16 PM.

So just a few states should dominate the country?
    The concept of a state is just a relatively arbitrary boundary. Very small minorities of people shouldn't be able to have far more say than they do.

The concept an individual/person should override the concept of a state.

That tyranny of a majority stuff made sense back then I suppose, when they were more like countries wishing to protect their interests.

Thread Information