Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious warning about big money talk

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Only to Alan would $20 phones with free minutes be considered expensive. Hell TracPhone is known as the go to company for burner phones. Huge investment to buy 10 of these, obviously these guys are well financed.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Drug dealers love these things.
    Terrorists love them too.
    Correct. Pretty much any criminal has these.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I'm from New York. They contacted me. The parents are my age. I do have friends from back east. The parents got text messages from burner phones. Obviously the kids hung out with each other.
    Thank you and please advise of any developments.

Were you forwarded copies of the texts, and if so would you post them here?

If you have no copies, what exactly did the extortionists say in the texts, i.e. was it claimed the kids owed them for unpaid gambling debts or is it just a stupid shakedown attempt?
    I was asked not to post the actual texts but I said it my first post it's a shakedown attempt and may be a copycat of of a shakedown last year in which there was an arrest.

I grew up with one of the Dads.
    If any of this is true can you imagine being the parents confiding in some broke degenerate Vegas gambler? What comfort....lol
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

There are a number of ways that a bookmaker would interpret what a group of guys did as a rip-off. I won't go into all of them, but some kind of cheat relationship with someone working at the book would be an obvious one. There have been sons and nephews of famous LV managers who entered into cheat relationships with civilians, and these things don't turn out well. Also, if there were limits and such assigned, and the collection of youngsters bet in tandem to circumvent single-account limits, that could easily lead to bookmakers saying, "Hey, give me my money back."

Anyway, no sense speculating further without decent information.

The Boz is correct. I dont know the half of it. I dont know what these young men did except they told their parents their group on Twitter just won won won and they lived well above their jobs as 25-35 year olds.

And then the PARENTS got the text messages saying their kids owed money and the parents had to pay up.

I never spoke to the kids. But the parents pleased with them to tell the truth and the kids said they didnt owe anyone anything.

Now there are four sets of parents scared stiff.
    Like the kids are going to tell their parents they fucked up and owe a "bookie " anything. Obviously, there are many different kinds of bookies nowadays, but for the most part, the "bookies" are just guys looking to make part of the vig, more like affiliates who are willing to put up the money. They use word of mouth, reputation, and player history when offering credit, they won't really do jack shit if you stiff them.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Like the kids are going to tell their parents they fucked up.
    How would you know anything about what adult children would tell their parents?

You are presenting your imagination as fact...that's the same as lying.

Thread Information