From Facebook:

Thought I'd seen 'em all, been hitting Vegas 3-6 times annually, but ran into a new scam (twice) my last trip (May). A dude walked up to me while playing slots, he's got a back pack and a carry on (most likely empty), then gave me this line that goes "I don't usually do this, but you seem like a nice guy.. I just hit a bonus at the high limit room on my machine and couldn't play it because I have to leave for the airport now, my taxi's waiting outside..so if you like I'll let you play it and you can keep whatever you win, follow me and I'll show you where."

Of course, the trick is he's hoping that with such an offer you'd be excited and get off your machine and follow him, leaving with your credit still in your machine; he would have a partner with him nearby that would then cash out your machine when you leave.

They target mostly those playing alone near high limit rooms that has "large" amount of credit on their machine, so be aware folks.
I told this person that I don't believe they have the scam right. My guess is that these are APs who are grabbing a machine from a ploppy when in +EV mode, while an accomplice sits down after both of them seek the machine with "bonus credits". And I'm guessing that the bonus credit machine is a lie, and the excuse will be that someone else must have played them off while the machine was sitting unattended.

Comments?