Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not safe anywhere

In a suburb north of Chicago, a shooter on a roof took out a bunch of innocent people at a 7-4 parade.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-re...161820151.html

The disturbing part of this is that Highland Park is about the safest place in the country. Mostly white--some hispanic. No black. Mostly upscale--some very upscale but also mixed as to moderate income. No crime of any kind. Good clean hard working people or retirees. A lot of young families.

The shooting took place right in the center of downtown Highland Park where my wife and I have gone to walk around for decades. Also 1/2 mile from a path to walk along the lake.

If you can't be safe in Highland Park then you can't be safe anywhere. Very disturbing and sad.

It IS a very sad state of affairs.

I was a kid 20-25 years ago. Some of you a little longer. What has changed because we didn't have all this shooting crap when I was a kid?

I think 3 things.

1.) Video games and movies, but mainly video games with this younger generations, have planted the seed that this is the way to handle any kind of grievance or displeasure you have.

2.) guns and especially automatic guns that can kills so many very quickly are way too accessible. I don't want to get into second amendment discussion, but there is no need for most people to have these weapons of war.

3.) National news coverage of these mass shooting events glamourizes it. The crazy person gets a platform and audience to go out in his "blaze of glory".

I don't know how we turn any of it back, especially with gun people not willing to have an honest conversation. I think it will continue to be a downward spiral until we are literally at war within. And that isn't far off.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

I was a kid 20-25 years ago. Some of you a little longer. What has changed because we didn't have all this shooting crap when I was a kid?

I think 3 things.

1.) Video games and movies, but mainly video games with this younger generations, have planted the seed that this is the way to handle any kind of grievance or displeasure you have.

2.) guns and especially automatic guns that can kills so many very quickly are way too accessible. I don't want to get into second amendment discussion, but there is no need for most people to have these weapons of war.

3.) National news coverage of these mass shooting events glamourizes it. The crazy person gets a platform and audience to go out in his "blaze of glory".

I don't know how we turn any of it back, especially with gun people not willing to have an honest conversation. I think it will continue to be a downward spiral until we are literally at war within. And that isn't far off.
    I’ll throw a couple more in.

Social Media, you touched on it with the news coverage but this is even deeper. From online bullying to looking for attention, to seeing online liars saying how great their life is at their age, you are seeing more young people feeling left behind in the world.

Drugs, and not necessarily illegal ones, but all the prescriptions parents and doctors put kids on going up. How much is that fucking them up? Yes I’m older than you KJ but we had “hyper” kids, now they all have ADD and need drugs for it. Handed out like candy because parents don’t want to deal with them.

Patenting itself, not blaming the parents in every case but the family dynamic keeps getting worse. Even from my generation it’s not as much family time, it’s the kids on their phone and iPad so much of the time.

All these of those tie together to some degree.

But right away you go to the gun issue and say people you disagree with don’t want to have a debate. We have no facts on the details on this moron, but right away the left says guns, guns, guns. The mental health end of this is the debate.

Horrible situation but the facts are the left is the one that doesn’t want to have a debate about crime and why there are so many shootings daily in our cities and elsewhere. It’s just an opportunity to try and ban guns.

And the shootings like this one that get all the attention are great business for that grifter kid David Hogg who makes his living off these.
    Last edited by The Boz; 07-04-2022 at 02:32 PM.

These shooters all seem to be angry at the world, and I have to ask myself "Why?"

We live in what many call the best country in the world; millions of non-citizens try to come here.

Why then if it is all peaches and cream are so many increasingly so disaffected that they do this shit?

Is there something rotting in the USA and we just can't smell it?
    What, Me Worry?

I think 3 things.

Weapons of war.... lol

Unless you are willing to spend about 15-20x over a typical semi-automatic built before 1986 or possess an FFL(Federal Firearms License) you do not have a full auto "weapon of war".
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Is there something rotting in the USA and we just can't smell it?
    People.

Long Covid.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

They finally caught the guy. All you have to do is look at him to know he is the type to do something like this. From a prominent family--his dad has local businesses and ran for mayor a few years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    They finally caught the guy. All you have to do is look at him to know he is the type to do something like this. From a prominent family--his dad has local businesses and ran for mayor a few years ago.
    He looks like prison won't be treating him too well. That sadboy rapper shit ain't going to get him anywhere. He'll be in with really hardcore lifer types or in solitary. Good riddance.

Anyway going down that rabbithole you can find his rap videos. heavily auto-tuned tripe about how sad he is like a lot of soundcloud stuff.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Pretty sure that guy's in Linkin Park.

I think 3 things.

Bro lol are you serious?

You literally fantasize about shooting forums members. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day I turn in the Tv and it’s you doing something like this

I think 3 things.

Video games, seriously? That's just nonsense. If anything, it's largely influenced by media coverage and social media, which leads to copycatting. They want notoriety/fame/infamy and nowadays they get lots of it. With each generation, kids get less discipline and more brazen, that's just how it is.

I remember posting years ago about how a Mass Shooter admitted to Cops that he did it because he wanted fame and to go down in History. I said something like,"If you want fame and to go down in History, why don't you do something GOOD like donate $50,000 of your own hard earned money to a bunch of homeless People instead of shooting up random innocent People?"
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Video games, seriously? That's just nonsense. If anything, it's largely influenced by media coverage and social media, which leads to copycatting. They want notoriety/fame/infamy and nowadays they get lots of it. With each generation, kids get less discipline and more brazen, that's just how it is.
    I think these kids are just outcasts but now outcasts find other outcasts on the internet. It just gets darker and darker in these little cesspools. Used to be if you're that sort of weirdo there was no way to find your people and have your views encouraged.

Now when someone is shit upon by their peers and angry at their world, who do they have to look towards? THe last guy who went crazy and became famous by killing a bunch of people.

I'm not sure much has changed but being an angry depressed sadboy is now a thing where you can find peers who encourage this sort of thinking. Relish in it.

Also high capacity rifles are very easy to acquire although a handgun wouldn't be that much different.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I think these kids are just outcasts but now outcasts find other outcasts on the internet.
    I absolutely agree. Back in the day pre-'90s, being strange/odd meant being an outcast that had no friends and they probably got their ass kicked often, eventually, they would have to figure out how to hide their weirdness and fit in somewhere. Somehow that probably helped them by just having some friends.

According to Andy Ngo the Highland Park shooter is Antifa. Maybe DOJ will start taking Antifa seriously now. If a group ever needed infiltration its Antifa.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Antifa: a bunch of mamby-pamby nihilists in need of extermination.Name:  highland-park-chicago-parade-shooting-person-of-interest-bobby-crimo-01-ht-llr-220704_1656973509.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  38.4 KB
    Last edited by MisterV; 07-05-2022 at 04:21 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Antifa: a bunch of mamby-pamby nihilists in need of extermination.Name:  highland-park-chicago-parade-shooting-person-of-interest-bobby-crimo-01-ht-llr-220704_1656973509.jpg
    Antifa, one of the few things that brings logical people on both sides together.

And Andy isn’t putting this out there if he doesn’t have facts to back it up.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Antifa, one of the few things that brings logical people on both sides together.

If it's true, guess which news cable will report it and guess which ones won't.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

I've never believed Antifa is really a thing. If there is a group to infiltrate one would THINK that the US government/media would be able to identify this group. This is the only organization that I can think of where this has been an issue. Like it was hard to infiltrate the mafia but law enforcement always have a good idea who is in charge etc. Could it be that Antifa was never really an organized thing?

Wake the fuck up people !

Antifa is the nonsense that pro-Trumper string pullers use to blame some imaginary group of leftist actors of violence. You know - they're all part of some big movement, be careful people, be afraid.

Those antifa cocksuckers ran amuck in stumptown and the good citizens lacked the gumption to confront them.

They need to be bloodied, and badly: then maybe they'll stop this tomfoolery.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information