Thread: Leavin' Las Vegas

My long time buddy from law school spent about the last half year or so in Summerlin and has returned to stumptown.

He didn't much care for Las Vegas.

As he's not a gambler I was surprised he stayed as long as he did.

He didn't like how the heat limits your ability to do what you want during the course of the day.

For example, he plays tennis and when it gets hot you only have a small amount of time early in the AM to play.

Oh well, he's off to Argentina again for a few months.

Funny, he bitched about resort and parking fees even though I suspect he avoided the strip.
    Last edited by MisterV; 07-05-2022 at 11:23 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

A large number moved from California to Vegas in the past two years ( and drove up the housing market prices ). I think many will be moving back, once the day to day kicks in.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    A large number moved from California to Vegas in the past two years ( and drove up the housing market prices ). I think many will be moving back, once the day to day kicks in.
    I haven't the foggiest idea who thinks moving to Vegas is a good idea. It's a terrible idea unless it's going to improve your life and paycheck significantly, especially if you have kids.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    I haven't the foggiest idea who thinks moving to Vegas is a good idea. It's a terrible idea unless it's going to improve your life and paycheck significantly, especially if you have kids.
    Taxes for wealthy people and lower property values and rent for everyone else.

However the last few years have gone a long way to closing the affordability gap.

Thread Information