Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the Wizard of Odds video poker section you will find over 180 video poker games with their various payscale's listed. Every game under the sun, right? The Wizard has all video poker games covered, doesn't he? Well, no.

When you see a game you've never seen before and can't find it on the WOO site what do you do? And because of the way the game is structured there is no available software on the market that can fully analyze it to get payback and strategy what do you do? And there aren't any pros you can contact to ask about the game because none of them has ever seen it before, much less analyzed it, what do you do?

I've run into this situation many times. Below is a pic of a video poker game called Jackpot Aces. Go on over to the Wizard of Odds site and see if you can find the game. Ask any video poker pro you know about what they know on the game. You will come up with zilch on both accounts.

I had to analyze this game and write the strategy with primitive tools, a calculator and scratch paper because that's all I had available to me. The software did help a little but couldn't do the job fully.

This is a single joker game but it revolves around the Aces, hence the name Jackpot Aces. The key hands are Natural Aces Full of Anything, 4 Natural Aces and 5 Aces. I put it at almost a 14% edge.

The bet is just two quarters, equivalent to single line dime. This is the type of stuff that ego driven pros call nickel and dime shit. Fuck the denom, it's a $70 an hour play. I remember 15 years ago when the edges got so thin in Reno that a 100K bankroll might make a video poker pro $50 an hour. But not me. I never carried more than 2K to this game. My worst losing streak was about $800. It was taking candy from a baby.

So who was the smart one? The guy making a 20K an hour wager to make $50 an hour? Or me making a $500 wager an hour to make $70 an hour?

I found this game 15 years ago. I moved on from it when my hourly became double on other stuff. There has been only two other pros to play it. That's because I showed them the game and gave them the strategy. Neither had the ability to recognize, analyze and write the strategy for the game.

Those that can do the math blaze their own trail. Everyone else is just a follower. Go ahead and ask Shack or Bob Dancer if they ever seen or heard of this game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information