Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
I wouldn't be demonizing fossil fuels and those who embrace their continued proliferation until such time, if any, as a viable alternative exists.

Currently there is no viable alternative, which makes all the Tesla / EV owners seem like well-intentioned fools / hypocrites, as fossil fuels are typically used to generate the electricity they use.
I'm not sure where you think I said electric cars are some big solution. I don't think this at all. I think an electric based system would be far more likely to be made sustainable but thats about it.

Honestly, no matter how you cut it driving around a 2000+ lb vehicle to move a 200 lb man is never going to be sustainable but I digress..

Fossil fuels got us where we are today and enabled our standard of living and many other things. There is a price to pay for that. Thats the thing about pure capitalism. There is absolutely no mechanism there for longterm strategizing. This is also why China is going to eat our lunch if the climate doesn't do it to both of us first.

Also not sure how being an owner of a car makes anyone a hypocrite or a "well-intentioned fool". Today I had some loud car wanting to race me.. talk about being smoked.

It is also quite nice having the thing steer for me when I desire. Whatevers. If ya want to think I believe I'm superman or whatever I won't be able to stop you.

It is kinda like this.. people don't want to spend money on public transportation. So the infrastructure never becomes very viable for most people. Cars are the same deal. THe infrastructure for cars is typically planned ~10 years into the future. There is no way it'll be responsive because most people have the exact same way of looking at things. Shrug.

Point these things out and you're a "libtard" or what have you.. lol ok whatever
You’re a libtard because you say ignorant things about capitalism and praise china. You didn’t play the game of life correctly so now you hate the rules. It’s ignorance and physiological problems that seem to be your downfall. Spend a few hours a week with a therapist. Unpack all these issues and you will view life completely different. The First step in that process is to admit you have some issues. Good luck buddy