Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I wouldn't be demonizing fossil fuels and those who embrace their continued proliferation until such time, if any, as a viable alternative exists.

Currently there is no viable alternative, which makes all the Tesla / EV owners seem like well-intentioned fools / hypocrites, as fossil fuels are typically used to generate the electricity they use.
    I'm not sure where you think I said electric cars are some big solution. I don't think this at all. I think an electric based system would be far more likely to be made sustainable but thats about it.

Honestly, no matter how you cut it driving around a 2000+ lb vehicle to move a 200 lb man is never going to be sustainable but I digress..

Fossil fuels got us where we are today and enabled our standard of living and many other things. There is a price to pay for that. Thats the thing about pure capitalism. There is absolutely no mechanism there for longterm strategizing. This is also why China is going to eat our lunch if the climate doesn't do it to both of us first.

Also not sure how being an owner of a car makes anyone a hypocrite or a "well-intentioned fool". Today I had some loud car wanting to race me.. talk about being smoked.

It is also quite nice having the thing steer for me when I desire. Whatevers. If ya want to think I believe I'm superman or whatever I won't be able to stop you.

It is kinda like this.. people don't want to spend money on public transportation. So the infrastructure never becomes very viable for most people. Cars are the same deal. THe infrastructure for cars is typically planned ~10 years into the future. There is no way it'll be responsive because most people have the exact same way of looking at things. Shrug.

Point these things out and you're a "libtard" or what have you.. lol ok whatever
    You’re a libtard because you say ignorant things about capitalism and praise china. You didn’t play the game of life correctly so now you hate the rules. It’s ignorance and physiological problems that seem to be your downfall. Spend a few hours a week with a therapist. Unpack all these issues and you will view life completely different. The First step in that process is to admit you have some issues. Good luck buddy

Seedvalue we need your new twitter ID.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post

First problem was listening to the libtard

Never left join date October 2015

Not remotely bothered by twitter or discord or any of these social platforms sharing info. My only issue is APs jumping ship to work the other side. Those people are scum

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

Not remotely bothered by twitter or discord or any of these social platforms sharing info. My only issue is APs jumping ship to work the other side. Those people are scum
    For some reason the ID that was posted here earlier is no longer working for me. I'm not sure how Twitter works, I figured you got suspended or deleted or something.

For some reason the ID that was posted here earlier is no longer working for me. I'm not sure how Twitter works, I figured you got suspended or deleted or something.
    Like Consider the source on that. He thinks china is amazing

In any event Im still on twitter in the discord on a few forums, and other private groups.

My main focus on these things is find the guys who work both sides and out them. I hardly share anything without a reason that’s directly related to that. I break all the TOS so I’m really not worried. The darksiders should be worried.

I also have very little time so it’s a group effort if you follow me

I wouldn't be demonizing fossil fuels and those who embrace their continued proliferation until such time, if any, as a viable alternative exists.

Currently there is no viable alternative, which makes all the Tesla / EV owners seem like well-intentioned fools / hypocrites, as fossil fuels are typically used to generate the electricity they use.
    I'm not sure where you think I said electric cars are some big solution. I don't think this at all. I think an electric based system would be far more likely to be made sustainable but thats about it.

Honestly, no matter how you cut it driving around a 2000+ lb vehicle to move a 200 lb man is never going to be sustainable but I digress..

Fossil fuels got us where we are today and enabled our standard of living and many other things. There is a price to pay for that. Thats the thing about pure capitalism. There is absolutely no mechanism there for longterm strategizing. This is also why China is going to eat our lunch if the climate doesn't do it to both of us first.

Also not sure how being an owner of a car makes anyone a hypocrite or a "well-intentioned fool". Today I had some loud car wanting to race me.. talk about being smoked.

It is also quite nice having the thing steer for me when I desire. Whatevers. If ya want to think I believe I'm superman or whatever I won't be able to stop you.

It is kinda like this.. people don't want to spend money on public transportation. So the infrastructure never becomes very viable for most people. Cars are the same deal. THe infrastructure for cars is typically planned ~10 years into the future. There is no way it'll be responsive because most people have the exact same way of looking at things. Shrug.

Point these things out and you're a "libtard" or what have you.. lol ok whatever
    You’re a libtard because you say ignorant things about capitalism and praise china. You didn’t play the game of life correctly so now you hate the rules. It’s ignorance and physiological problems that seem to be your downfall. Spend a few hours a week with a therapist. Unpack all these issues and you will view life completely different. The First step in that process is to admit you have some issues. Good luck buddy
    Not sure what to tell you but if you read much outside of gambling you might have a clue how China has been colonizing Africa on a scale that no American company would be able to match. That is the sort of shit that will have us by the balls in the next few decades, regardless.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Once we trend back toward an ice age, Atlas will shrug, and whatever man did, if anything, will be so much as dust in the wind.
    I don't disagree
    Yes, you do, in fact, disagree. I say planetary level, solar system level and terrestrial geological processes dwarf what man does (if anything) , in terms of climatological influence, and you say the reverse (unless you are retracting this belief presently):
    The manmade aspect of the earth warming dwarfs any naturally occuring phenomenon. It is kinda obvious.. So .1 % vs 99.9% or 99% vs 1% I'm not sure it matters.

Yes, you do, in fact, disagree. I say planetary level, solar system level and terrestrial geological processes dwarf what man does (if anything) , in terms of climatological influence, and you say the reverse (unless you are retracting this belief presently):
    The manmade aspect of the earth warming dwarfs any naturally occuring phenomenon. It is kinda obvious.. So .1 % vs 99.9% or 99% vs 1% I'm not sure it matters.
    No, I believe the world is fucked and yes all this will be a fart in the wind or however you wish to frame it.

I think yes we will trend back to the iceage after man is way dead and it won't really matter.

Of course things only matter to our frame of existence but hey I don't feel I disagreed with what you said. Maybe you were saying the world will be fine and we just gotta ride it out? If so then yes - I don't agree. (I don't particularly get the Atlas reference - so not sure)

If you are saying I don't agree with the body of your beliefs then sure but thats not why we use the quote system.

BTW -
    These "it'll be the ice-age soon" or "we're in a natural heating phase" people - assuming they're smart enough to do actual analysis on some level their issue is inevitably not understanding the timeframes of these things and how incredibly relevant it is.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 07-30-2022 at 08:33 AM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

It was predicted long ago that the world would be destroyed in fire.
    Not sure what you all are upset about.

Originally Posted by Eliot View Post

zeolite Is the answer

MIT > then Ohio

Yawn climate change

All you guys who claim the world heats and cools all the time and this is what is going on may I ask what the timeframe for these cycles are?

Lets look at how much temperatures has risen in past 100 years. Lets extrapolate into how hot it'll be at the predicted end of this temperature rise?

Tons of things wrong with this approach but clearly it is far better than select youtube videos from a very small minority.

So once we get an idea of where this natural heating cycle is we can discuss whether this temperature would support life on the surface of the Earth?

Come on broseph how you going to ask about the length of heating and cooling cycles while ignoring the standard deviation of said hot and cold streaks. This was once a gambooling forum after all.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Come on broseph how you going to ask about the length of heating and cooling cycles while ignoring the standard deviation of said hot and cold streaks. This was once a gambooling forum after all.
    Ahh yea you're right. We'll see how many of the replies come back with 'it is variance bro'. lol.

Not to mention the fact that it was significantly hotter (and colder) during various pre-industrial periods than it is now.
    Name:  qZmoLSE.png
Views: 715
Size:  63.7 KB

The graph shows many similar upward spikes.

See e.g. 300M years ago.

Man couldn't be responsible for that one.
    What, Me Worry?

See e.g. 300M years ago.

Just from looking at the graph those previous spikes seem to have occurred over millions of years. The latest one looks like it's occurring in a much shorter period.

Not to mention the fact that it was significantly hotter (and colder) during various pre-industrial periods than it is now.
    Name:  qZmoLSE.png
Views: 715
Size:  63.7 KB
    Don't bring math into this discussion!!
    We are all going to die because the White Man will not stop using Fossil Fuels causing "Climate Change" aka "Global Warming".

That being said I have ran my AC extra hard this year keeping the house nice and cool at 74 F.
    And I always give my toilet an extra flush when using it to make sure.
    And I wash all my towels and clothes after one use.
    Especially my Blue Jeans.
    Not to mention we all take at least a 30 minute shower if not more and I refuse to put any type of flow restrictors on anything in my house.
    I also water Double on Sundays and during peak hours just to stick it to the man.

Last edited by monet; 07-31-2022 at 08:44 AM.

See e.g. 300M years ago.

Just from looking at the graph those previous spikes seem to have occurred over millions of years. The latest one looks like it's occurring in a much shorter period.
    The upward spike at about 443 million years looks pretty nasty.
    Some possible causes:
    1. Alien technosignature from long-term visitors of that time period that have long since departed.
    2. Advanced terrestrial civilization (aka lizard men/Silurian hypothesis) that was completely wiped away except for their technosignature of rapid heating at 443 million years.
    3. Geological/rotational wobble of earth's axis/orbital/revolutional/solar system plane natural process in that time frame.
    4. The Russians built a time machine.

IMHO number 3 is most likely (as in 99.999%).

Thread Information