Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

On the Wizard of Odds video poker section you will find over 180 video poker games with their various payscale's listed. Every game under the sun, right? The Wizard has all video poker games covered, doesn't he? Well, no.

When you see a game you've never seen before and can't find it on the WOO site what do you do? And because of the way the game is structured there is no available software on the market that can fully analyze it to get payback and strategy what do you do? And there aren't any pros you can contact to ask about the game because none of them has ever seen it before, much less analyzed it, what do you do?

I've run into this situation many times. Below is a pic of a video poker game called Jackpot Aces. Go on over to the Wizard of Odds site and see if you can find the game. Ask any video poker pro you know about what they know on the game. You will come up with zilch on both accounts.

I had to analyze this game and write the strategy with primitive tools, a calculator and scratch paper because that's all I had available to me. The software did help a little but couldn't do the job fully.

This is a single joker game but it revolves around the Aces, hence the name Jackpot Aces. The key hands are Natural Aces Full of Anything, 4 Natural Aces and 5 Aces. I put it at almost a 14% edge.

The bet is just two quarters, equivalent to single line dime. This is the type of stuff that ego driven pros call nickel and dime shit. Fuck the denom, it's a $70 an hour play. I remember 15 years ago when the edges got so thin in Reno that a 100K bankroll might make a video poker pro $50 an hour. But not me. I never carried more than 2K to this game. My worst losing streak was about $800. It was taking candy from a baby.

So who was the smart one? The guy making a 20K an hour wager to make $50 an hour? Or me making a $500 wager an hour to make $70 an hour?

I found this game 15 years ago. I moved on from it when my hourly became double on other stuff. There has been only two other pros to play it. That's because I showed them the game and gave them the strategy. Neither had the ability to recognize, analyze and write the strategy for the game.

Those that can do the math blaze their own trail. Everyone else is just a follower. Go ahead and ask Shack or Bob Dancer if they ever seen or heard of this game.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

So you are in agreement with Seedvalue?
    Yes, with regards to his last post if that is what you are asking.
    Things that are not published to the masses are my forte. I've worked, and continue to work, a lot of games that no other AP on the planet has worked. If I want to I can post pics or videos of games that you and your cohorts have never seen before. Nor have any of the big names in gambling AP. Not one iota of information ever published on those games. Unless it was by me.

Math is the second most important skill overall IMO. I use math everyday looking at different gambling opportunities. It’s the only way to quantify if a play is worth my time. I know a half dozen or so VP plays that are really good. It’s just not worth it to me in most situations.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    I try to watch these guys but if one isn't into this sort of thing it is sorta hard. Once he starts saying people are blaming ADHD on climate change I sorta drift off. I've never heard that claim before. It is just more politically motivated bullshit.

The evidence is there. No the world is not going to "just get greener'.

Why do you people never read books/papers but love the youtube?!??

Oh wow but one must take in both sides !! No you don't. It has been more than decided. A few nuts can claim otherwise and we can wish they were right.................
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I accept the reality that things are getting warmer.

Someone uncertain, at least for me, is the degree that human activities have cause or contributed to the problem.

I read that the earth goes through natural cycles of heating and cooling and we are on a natural heating phase.

Michael Crichton's book "State of Fear" opened my eyes to this recently; see: https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/m...lobal-warming/
    Last edited by MisterV; 07-28-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

https://phys.org/news/2022-07-climat...ther-weve.html

MisterV you can look at a graph of historical temperature changes from industrial man and over far more time. It isn't even close. One can make up a dozen if/but's on these sorts of subjects but things are already quite fucled and decided.

https://phys.org/news/2022-07-climat...ther-weve.html

I don't think phys.org is a political thing but hey we always have youtube or michael crichton..

I'd forgotten the aersol issue. Basically when we stop polluting the atmosphere by burning things then there will be less aerosols in the atmosphere. They're currently mitigating the effects... What for profit entity is going to try and get news like this out? Not even the least fake news out there!
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thanks for the link, accountinquestion.

I'm not a CC denier; I guess I simply have a difficult time distinguishing about the aggregate effect human activity has had, as compared to natural factors.

But yeah, it's heating up, no question.
    What, Me Worry?

nn

I agree that temperatures are rising. It's the projected results of it by the climate alarmists that I have a problem with.

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

nn

By using electricity to charge them the electric vehicles de facto burn coal and natural gas. All the minerals for the batteries come from our enemy, China. And a lot of oil is used to extract those minerals.

Last edited by mickeycrimm; 07-29-2022 at 04:19 AM.

nn

By using electricity to charge them the electric vehicles de facto burn coal and natural gas. All the minerals for the batteries come from our enemy, China. And a lot of oil is used to extract those minerals.

I'm not sure what your point is. No one here has claimed that electric cars are a solution. The only real way to be sustainable would be a far far larger reliance on mass transportation. We're not anywhere near doing that.

I'm always curious why people can't separate people saying 'wellp this is what is happening and will happen' with people who are preaching to them.

Like MisterV saying he can't separate. I'm not sure why that is even important? The manmade aspect of the earth warming dwarfs any naturally occuring phenomenon. It is kinda obvious.. So .1 % vs 99.9% or 99% vs 1% I'm not sure it matters.

nn

I agree that temperatures are rising. It's the projected results of it by the climate alarmists that I have a problem with.

So I watch this one a bit. First a lot of quoting a handful of politicians. They act as if the politicians made this up. The fact is that climate change stuff was not something that might get you elected until recently (aka likely too late). I'm fairly sure politicians have downplayed it but yea you can get some dramatic clips to ridicule.

But lets talk about the Heartland Institute. This is where the Asian climate change guy with bad english gets to shine. Sitting up there challenging "the other side".. but no one showed up?!!??!?! Hmmmmm I wonder what the Heartland Insitute is... turns out it used to be all about tobacco denial. You know, the stuff tobacco companies wanted to push.. That tobacco isn't actually terribly unhealthy in the longrun.

You really want to argue from that side?

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    nn

So I watch this one a bit. First a lot of quoting a handful of politicians. They act as if the politicians made this up. The fact is that climate change stuff was not something that might get you elected until recently (aka likely too late). I'm fairly sure politicians have downplayed it but yea you can get some dramatic clips to ridicule.

But lets talk about the Heartland Institute. This is where the Asian climate change guy with bad english gets to shine. Sitting up there challenging "the other side".. but no one showed up?!!??!?! Hmmmmm I wonder what the Heartland Insitute is... turns out it used to be all about tobacco denial. You know, the stuff tobacco companies wanted to push.. That tobacco isn't actually terribly unhealthy in the longrun.

The videos are not being put up for your benefit. Because you are a lost cause. An unrepentant climate alarmist that will not listen to any cogent argument that the situation is not desperate.

i can put up dozens of videos with cogent arguments on climate change. Your problem is you are a zealot that wants to hear only one side. So fuck you. The videos are for the benefit of everyone else.

PS: Your hero libtards at Wikipedia just changed the definition of recession. It used to just say two consecutive quarters of economic decline. Now they've added a ton of bullshit to the definition. The liberal way, same with climate change.

You can't make this shit up.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 07-29-2022 at 07:44 AM.

nn

Like MisterV saying he can't separate. I'm not sure why that is even important? The manmade aspect of the earth warming dwarfs any naturally occuring phenomenon. It is kinda obvious.. So .1 % vs 99.9% or 99% vs 1% I'm not sure it matters.
    I question your assertion as I have read data to the contrary.

What, only .1% of warming is due to "natural causes?"

I think not.

The earth is in the midst of a natural warming cycle; we transition over time from ice age to quite hot, and we're now on an upward slope toward hot.

Ocean levels rise and fall, it is a natural process; I am still unsure to what degree human activity has accelerated the warming: it certainly has not caused it.
    What, Me Worry?

nn

The videos are not being put up for your benefit. Because you are a lost cause. An unrepentant climate alarmist that will not listen to any cogent argument that the situation is not desperate.

i can put up dozens of videos with cogent arguments on climate change. Your problem is you are a zealot that wants to hear only one side. So fuck you. The videos are for the benefit of everyone else.

PS: Your hero libtards at Wikipedia just changed the definition of recession. It used to just say two consecutive quarters of economic decline. Now they've added a ton of bullshit to the definition. The liberal way, same with climate change.

You can't make this shit up.
    Do you ever think it is sort of girly to not be challenged by anything? To be in some safeplace of bullshit youtube videos?

I have no idea what you're going on about wikipedia and libtards and all that. We've been over this a million times.

A cogent argument or you can look at numbers from guys who are likely smarter than most of us.

The insults.. when you insult so much and can't address things directly then that is typically a good sign to sit back and look at your position.

What blows me away is the failure of math intuition here amongst men who understand the effects of variance and small numbers repeatedly applied. This concept should obviously come into play when seeing the frequencies we see. "1 in 100 years" or "1 in 1000 years".. or just plain heat records being broken should have people on here to come to an obvious conclusion.

Whatever, capitalism don't make no money slingin' gloom.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 07-29-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I question your assertion as I have read data to the contrary.

What, only .1% of warming is due to "natural causes?"

I think not.

The earth is in the midst of a natural warming cycle; we transition over time from ice age to quite hot, and we're now on an upward slope toward hot.

Ocean levels rise and fall, it is a natural process; I am still unsure to what degree human activity has accelerated the warming: it certainly has not caused it.
    I'm not sure how to explain it. I played roulette a few months ago. I fucking went like 1 or 2 out of 20. Now the time I hit 1 or 2 of the flips it doesn't mean I was on a "winning streak".

Look at any graph and take the pre-industrial slope with that of the past 70ish years when industrial stuff really kicked in. It should be clear but sure tell yourself otherwise for whatever reason.

I wouldn't be demonizing fossil fuels and those who embrace their continued proliferation until such time, if any, as a viable alternative exists.

Currently there is no viable alternative, which makes all the Tesla / EV owners seem like well-intentioned fools / hypocrites, as fossil fuels are typically used to generate the electricity they use.
    What, Me Worry?

Basically you nailed it. Once we trend back toward an ice age, Atlas will shrug, and whatever man did, if anything, will be so much as dust in the wind.

I wouldn't be demonizing fossil fuels and those who embrace their continued proliferation until such time, if any, as a viable alternative exists.

Currently there is no viable alternative, which makes all the Tesla / EV owners seem like well-intentioned fools / hypocrites, as fossil fuels are typically used to generate the electricity they use.
    I'm not sure where you think I said electric cars are some big solution. I don't think this at all. I think an electric based system would be far more likely to be made sustainable but thats about it.

Honestly, no matter how you cut it driving around a 2000+ lb vehicle to move a 200 lb man is never going to be sustainable but I digress..

Fossil fuels got us where we are today and enabled our standard of living and many other things. There is a price to pay for that. Thats the thing about pure capitalism. There is absolutely no mechanism there for longterm strategizing. This is also why China is going to eat our lunch if the climate doesn't do it to both of us first.

Also not sure how being an owner of a car makes anyone a hypocrite or a "well-intentioned fool". Today I had some loud car wanting to race me.. talk about being smoked.

It is also quite nice having the thing steer for me when I desire. Whatevers. If ya want to think I believe I'm superman or whatever I won't be able to stop you.

It is kinda like this.. people don't want to spend money on public transportation. So the infrastructure never becomes very viable for most people. Cars are the same deal. THe infrastructure for cars is typically planned ~10 years into the future. There is no way it'll be responsive because most people have the exact same way of looking at things. Shrug.

Point these things out and you're a "libtard" or what have you.. lol ok whatever

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Once we trend back toward an ice age, Atlas will shrug, and whatever man did, if anything, will be so much as dust in the wind.
    I don't disagree but I'd add that we should be thankful we're so lucky to have lived in the time period we did. We didn't get fucked on the shortend of the stick where everything is in serious decline and where most of our ancestors gave 0 fucks about the state of things left to us.

Anyway, I could really go off the deep end about my theories on why mankind is eternally fucked but I have many other things I need to do.

Thread Information