Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    The issue here isn't race relations, it's comfort and gradual assimilation of strangers in a strange land.
    Aka re-segregation.
    Repatriations not reparations.

If America is so bad and the situation of a black person is so bad in this country, we should just find a new liberia and let em take it over.

The only problem with the above argument is the lack of language skills in an African country but otherwise surely most American blacks would flock back to Africa... surely
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

The issue here isn't race relations, it's comfort and gradual assimilation of strangers in a strange land.
    Berkeley is majority "PoC", and even if it weren't why would for example black people need to to be shielded from white people but not from Asian or Hispanic people?

And how is it that human beings often travel to actual foreign countries and go to school or work there without living in zones of exclusion?

The housing regulations in question are not designed for "comfort and gradual assimilation", they are designed to reflect and validate a certain theory of racial hierarchy according to which white people are oppressors and "PoC" are oppressed.

I remember some people on here saying that insurance rates would tell us the true story about covid/vax. I don't recall the exact argument at the moment but here we are with California.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...climate-crisis

I brought up something similar with FL and Mickey said it had been going on for ages. Well here we have California. Wow.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

https://e360.yale.edu/features/as-oc...certain-future

I've been being lazy. Lots going on. We're fucked.

It's housing, not school.

Heck, if I rent a private residence I am free to allow and disallow whomever I wish from entering; these guys should have the same privilege; after all, it's their home.
    Jamaican won't rent to black americans:

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Climate Change.
    Ukraine.
    lol

What you guys think about this little uhm smoke situation up there in NYC/DC.

The problem with all this stuff is that by the time it becomes obvious that shit is so fucked up we really have to change - we will already be deep in the shitter. This is one of those rare moments it goes beyond some city is going to run out of water.

If nothing crazy happens like nukes then it will be a gradual decline but 100% we're at the beginning of the end of the anthropocene.

This stuff is shutting a good portion of the city. Air travel. Schools. whatever. i'm wrong on all this. clearly.

Oh well a wake up call for it is too late.

Portland had invasive wildfire smoke issues a few years ago: now, surprisingly enough, it is the middle atlantic states getting hammered.

Yeah, womething is definitely amiss with this happening.
    What, Me Worry?

Montana gets smoked out on a regular basis. The west coast mostly gets a break from it because of prevailing winds. Most forest fires are caused by lightning. Nothing the climatards can do about it. Forest fires contribute about 3 times the amount of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere than fossil fuels do. Volcanoes also spew carbon into the air. Nothing the climatards can do about that either.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Environmentalists actually contribute to carbon in the atmosphere by not allowing deadfall to be cleared from the forest. It's the deadfall on the forest floor that is the actual fuel in forest fires. It's dry wood compared to the living wet wood in the living tree's. Forest fires are getting worse not because of climate but because of the buildup of deadfall caused by environmentalists not allowing it to be touched.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Montana gets smoked out on a regular basis. The west coast mostly gets a break from it because of prevailing winds. Most forest fires are caused by lightning. Nothing the climatards can do about it. Forest fires contribute about 3 times the amount of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere than fossil fuels do. Volcanoes also spew carbon into the air. Nothing the climatards can do about that either.
    Except that forests are also huge sinks of carbon so presuming they can and do regrow they take the same carbon back out of the air.

It is science.

And if they don't regrow it is because of the goddam climate.

Environmentalists actually contribute to carbon in the atmosphere by not allowing deadfall to be cleared from the forest. It's the deadfall on the forest floor that is the actual fuel in forest fires. It's dry wood compared to the living wet wood in the living tree's. Forest fires are getting worse not because of climate but because of the buildup of deadfall caused by environmentalists not allowing it to be touched.
    Good talking point to repeat but if you pause to think about it no one is going to foot the bill to clear undergrowth from 100s of millions of acres.
    Maybe in some small forest people did it on some scale but to think that all this forest is going to have the undergrowth removed is crazy. It wasn't removed before. There was never a time when much beyond tiniest amount of undergrowth was cleared.

If I am wrong then who and when did they do ?

Don't ditz me please. I'd like you to answer the question.

Come'on man, lets be serious.

lol at you nincompoops falling for this so called "vaccine" which does nothing.
    Well, not nothing, you got an 800 to 1 shot to have an adverse reaction and possible death.

Last edited by monet; 06-20-2023 at 02:57 AM.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Good talking point to repeat but if you pause to think about it no one is going to foot the bill to clear undergrowth from 100s of millions of acres.
    Maybe in some small forest people did it on some scale but to think that all this forest is going to have the undergrowth removed is crazy. It wasn't removed before. There was never a time when much beyond tiniest amount of undergrowth was cleared.

Look up "controlled burn" and "fire lane."

Absolutely fewer controlled burns than there was, forests being managed differently. Don’t think it’s “environmentalists” preventing it so much as more homes built nearby and increased demand for use as recreation areas changed the political tolerance for it.

Should be a shit show of a hurricane season tho Atlantic is as warm now as it usually is in august/September.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Absolutely fewer controlled burns than there was, forests being managed differently. Don’t think it’s “environmentalists” preventing it so much as more homes built nearby and increased demand for use as recreation areas changed the political tolerance for it.

Should be a shit show of a hurricane season tho Atlantic is as warm now as it usually is in august/September.

I will take the under on east coast hurricanes making landfall on the east cost.

Lol you are not serious. It’s done routinely in the east. When’s the last time you read about a huge Forrest fire in West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York or the surrounding states?

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

Lol you are not serious. It’s done routinely in the east. When’s the last time you read about a huge Forrest fire in West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York or the surrounding states?
    Google flight big cock

Google cock not allowed in California or something similar. Repeat for all the big forest fire states.
    H

I don't think any of these states have anywhere near the size of forests as Canada. We know controlled burning is done all over. This is why I said "100s of millions of acres" because it was a comparison of the size and scale required to prevent the Canadian fires. (Which is what was being discussed) Not whether controlled burning exists.

Thread Information