Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

But anyway, I needed to stoke the fires a bit here.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/env...d-smashing-low

Argue with it all you want but it speaks for itself. This isn't a study. THere are no layers of possible bullshit analysis.

Antarctic and artic sea ice extent is plummeting... You can scoff at the graph but natural processes like this should have a change that is far far more subdued.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 07-01-2023 at 08:07 AM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2023/0...aking-records/

If you look around enough you can find these graphs that show the outlier but it is mostly data nerds on twitter and not news orgs. Same thing with the ice extent posted above.

Capitalism promotes stuff people want to read. People don't want to read about the death of the Earth. Thus you have to dig a bit.

Maybe I'll post something how crazily temperatures are being broken globally. The rate of records being broken is sick.

Again, I am trying to avoid "studies" as they're prone to biases. Trying to keep it at empirical observations of a climate that is clearly changing due to anthropomorphic causes.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

If you look around enough you can find these graphs that show the outlier but it is mostly data nerds on twitter and not news orgs. Same thing with the ice extent posted above.

Capitalism promotes stuff people want to read. People don't want to read about the death of the Earth. Thus you have to dig a bit.

Maybe I'll post something how crazily temperatures are being broken globally. The rate of records being broken is sick.

Again, I am trying to avoid "studies" as they're prone to biases. Trying to keep it at empirical observations of a climate that is clearly changing due to anthropomorphic causes.
    O shut the fuck up lier

There’s only been two state record high temperatures set in the 2000s. The last one was in 2019 in John Martin Reservoir Colorado. High temp that day was 119. Before that it was 2012 in Columbia South Carolina with a temp of 113. Literally no US records are being broken. Same goes for the rest of the world.

In fact the highest temp in the Us was recorded in 1913 at green Valley Ranch California. Temp that day was 134. Probably because of all the gas guzzling cars and cow farts in 1913 lol.

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

O shut the fuck up lier

There’s only been two state record high temperatures set in the 2000s. The last one was in 2019 in John Martin Reservoir Colorado. High temp that day was 119. Before that it was 2012 in Columbia South Carolina with a temp of 113. Literally no US records are being broken. Same goes for the rest of the world.

In fact the highest temp in the Us was recorded in 1913 at green Valley Ranch California. Temp that day was 134. Probably because of all the gas guzzling cars and cow farts in 1913 lol.
    Where do you even get this from?

This article is from MAY 23, 2022 and I was mainly talking about this year but last year is a similar situation and disproves your nonsense.

https://phys.org/news/2022-05-temper...isruption.html

In Shreveport, Louisiana, on Thursday, the high of 94 F tied a 148-year-old record. That was one of more than 110 temperature records broken or tied across 21 states this week. In Texas, Galveston sweltered, setting or tying records three out of four days.
    Oh I see you're likely talking about absolute highest temperature.

Regardless, the sea temperature is not localized and is over a relatively long period of time with this increase.

We could argue about whether daily historical highs are more important than absolute statewide records but I won't claim to know which is better.

I will tell you that the ocean temperature does not begin to be comparable to the temperatures you're referencing which were localized phenomenon over a very short time period.

O shut the fuck up lier

Nice post, genius.

https://apnews.com/article/global-re...8f1f40a6edc7a0

O shut the fuck up lier

Nice post, genius.

This ain't the first time the earth has seen increase in temperatures. At the end of the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago, sea levels had risen about 400 feet. Just think of all the coastal villages that were destroyed. The cavemen were all going "Fuck man!! These goddam forest fires, volcanic eruptions and mastodon farts are killing us!!!"

So do you think sea levels will rise 400 feet during this latest melt off?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Of course not.

That happened at the end of an Ice Age, when a lot of the moisture now in the oceans was incorporated into glaciers and snow.
    What, Me Worry?

Holy shit! V had a brain movement. Each ice age. Ha.

Today, 06:24 PM #388
    Gottlob1
    Bronze

Post #388 = (200 - 6)*2 ---> 26_62

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder + Bill Yung + 1HitWonder) ---> G0TTLOB1= Praise to God
    Last edited by Gottlob1; 07-08-2023 at 07:36 PM.

O shut the fuck up lier

Nice post, genius.

Open competition anytime. Show up money million cash we test out against each other. Since I know who you are there won’t be any funny business with you subbing in a ringer who actually has a chance. Just keep dreaming about the end of the world weirdo. It’s not happening

If you’re in a Vegas stop over to and watch me walk around the pool showing this package off

O shut the fuck up lier

Nice post, genius.

This ain't the first time the earth has seen increase in temperatures. At the end of the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago, sea levels had risen about 400 feet. Just think of all the coastal villages that were destroyed. The cavemen were all going "Fuck man!! These goddam forest fires, volcanic eruptions and mastodon farts are killing us!!!"

So non-industrial processes (pre-industrial processes) have the capability of heating the earth to much warmer temperatures than at present. This has happened many times over the history of the earth - but somehow non-industrial processes can be totally ruled out as being responsible for current heating processes or considered as a non-significant factor for current heating processes. Makes a lot of sense.

O shut the fuck up lier

Nice post, genius.

The rate of increase is nowhere near comparable. Clearly you are educated in the subject.

You really really love applying whataboutism. Incredible.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

So non-industrial processes (pre-industrial processes) have the capability of heating the earth to much warmer temperatures than at present. This has happened many times over the history of the earth - but somehow non-industrial processes can be totally ruled out as being responsible for current heating processes or considered as a non-significant factor for current heating processes. Makes a lot of sense.
    I once tried to quantify the odds that scientists would have claimed this and it wound up being true over the course of 50 or so years... but whatever. You guys think like women. All emotions. You know what you want to believe and that's that.

How long do you think it took to accumulate the fossil fuels we've burned? How do you think that timeframe compares to the modern Era?

I once tried to quantify the odds that scientists would have claimed this and it wound up being true over the course of 50 or so years... but whatever. You guys think like women. All emotions. You know what you want to believe and that's that.

How long do you think it took to accumulate the fossil fuels we've burned? How do you think that timeframe compares to the modern Era?
    When did the earth lose its ability to heat the earth without industrial processes ? Was it yesterday afternoon ?

When did the earth lose its ability to heat the earth without industrial processes ? Was it yesterday afternoon ?
    I sure didn't mean to suggest the Earth lost its ability to heat itself. Not sure where I did?

The warming is in addition to that. I have never heard one person claim that the preexisting natural processes stopped and man-made global warming made up for that and THEN SOME. Really - I have never seen anyone claim that. Are you saying people do claim that?

Fossil fuels were created over a process of millions of years. Mankind has taken a large portion of that over the past 100 years and dumped it into the atmosphere via burning. It should not be shocking that scientists believe this also is causing the rapid increase in temperature.

This prediction has existed for many years now.

If this temperature increase is not caused by man made processes then the scientists were exceptionally lucky in their outcome prediction even if you doubt the underlying reasons. It really is exceptional luck on their part.

Fossil fuels were created over a process of millions of years. Mankind has taken a large portion of that over the past 100 years and dumped it into the atmosphere via burning. It should not be shocking that scientists believe this also is causing the rapid increase in temperature.
    So you're saying that that is the main cause then, rather than non-industrial processes ? You are agreeing that non-industrial processes are capable of heating earth to the extent observed and, at the same time, saying that the current heating is due to Man or not ? Rapid heating has been observed pre-industrially. So much so that the Silurian hypothesis was put forth. I think this hypothesis is far-fetched and that it is much more likely that the rapid heating in ancient times was not due to earlier advanced terrestrial civilizations but due to causes that don't require the presence of an advanced civilization.

So you're saying that that is the main cause then, rather than non-industrial processes ? You are agreeing that non-industrial processes are capable of heating earth to the extent observed and, at the same time, saying that the current heating is due to Man or not ? Rapid heating has been observed pre-industrially. So much so that the Silurian hypothesis was put forth. I think this hypothesis is far-fetched and that it is much more likely that the rapid heating in ancient times was not due to earlier advanced terrestrial civilizations but due to causes that don't require the presence of an advanced civilization.
    I'm not following. The extraction of fossil fuels and the burning of them is an industrial process. The process that created the fossil fuels beforehand is not an industrial process. The fact that it took millions of years to create the fossil fuels in the ground which have then been extracted and burned over the course of a century (roughly) should suggest that it isn't a stretch to think it is causing the issues we are seeing.

I'm not aware of a prior rapid warming of the Earth to the extent we're seeing currently.

Again, this has all been predicted. If they're wrong then it was one hell of a longshot they got right in the prediction of the outcome. I guess you're just saying they got the causes wrong? The odds of that being true are lol quite small.

If you want to split hairs and have a pointless semantic (?) argument then you could say that existing natural processes contribute to the heating just as much. Meaning that without the pre-existing heating, the additional (manmade) heating would NOT have had the same effect. So, yes, the heat comes from the summation of the sources of heat.

When climate people speak of warming, they are referencing warming on top of the baseline historical temperature. That is what we are talking about. Not the warming that keeps the Earth from approaching 0 degrees (or whatever the temperature is in the void of space).

Just because something is in the realm of possibility does mean it is likely. I'm not sure what non man-made process would have caused this heating outside of solar fluctuations.

It is the end of the Anthropocene, baby. And I feel fiiiiine.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 07-09-2023 at 09:03 AM.

I'm not following. The extraction of fossil fuels and the burning of them is an industrial process. The process that created the fossil fuels beforehand is not an industrial process. The fact that it took millions of years to create the fossil fuels in the ground which have then been extracted and burned over the course of a century (roughly) should suggest that it isn't a stretch to think it is causing the issues we are seeing.

I'm not aware of a rapid warming of the Earth to the extent we've seen.

Again, this has all been predicted. That was one hell of a longshot they got right.

If you want to split hairs and have a pointless semantic (?) argument then you could say that existing natural processes contribute to the heating just as much. Meaning that without the pre-existing heating, the additional (manmade) heating would NOT have had the same effect. So, yes, the heat comes from the summation of the sources of heat.

When climate people speak of warming, they are referencing warming on top of the baseline historical temperature. That is what we are talking about. Not the warming that keeps the Earth from approaching 0 degrees (or whatever the temperature is in the void of space).

Just because something is in the realm of possibility does mean it is likely. I'm not sure what non man-made process would have caused this heating outside of solar fluctuations.

The baseline historical temperature was much warmer than the current average temperature at points during pre-industrial times. That means that this pre-industrial heat was not only keeping the earth from freezing, but that it heated the earth to temperatures much higher than those observed today.

Again, this has all been predicted. That was one hell of a longshot they got right.

The baseline historical temperature was much warmer than the current average temperature at points during pre-industrial times. That means that this pre-industrial heat was not only keeping the earth from freezing, but that it heated the earth to temperatures much higher than those observed today.
    By baseline historical temperature I meant in the past few hundred years or what have you. Yes the world goes back 100s of millions of years and things happened that are semi-equivalent with what is happening now.

I try to be as precise as possible but I still miss a few. It is a constant battle of being to wordy vs not covering your ass against useless pedantic arguments.

Anyway, this is just more whataboutism or what I named the universal excuse.

I don't believe scientists have the ability to measure the "rapid increase" in the Earths temperature going back that far. All those methods aren't going to give accuracy down to a couple hundred years when looking back 10s of millions or what have you. Perhaps.

By baseline historical temperature I meant in the past few hundred years or what have you. Yes the world goes back 100s of millions of years and things happened that are semi-equivalent with what is happening now.

I try to be as precise as possible but I still miss a few. It is a constant battle of being to wordy vs not covering your ass against useless pedantic arguments.

Anyway, this is just more whataboutism or what I named the universal excuse.

I don't believe scientists have the ability to measure the "rapid increase" in the Earths temperature going back that far. All those methods aren't going to give accuracy down to a couple hundred years when looking back 10s of millions or what have you. Perhaps.
    Tableplay It’s best not to engage with this cuck AIQ in any meaningful way. The tactic is to speak to him on a level he understands. Like how his cock is small and his sexual stamina low. All doomers have a mental disorder. So treat them as so, and try to get him to bet on something. Like the less he thinks of you the greater possibility he over estimates his intelligence. Prime him up. I’ve tried but deep down he knows he’s a failure.

Still waiting for these state record temperatures to fall. I mean everyday we should see a new high temperature state record broken. During El Niño these guys have plenty to talk about. Yawn

You get fucked like a women

Thread Information