Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2023/0...aking-records/

If you look around enough you can find these graphs that show the outlier but it is mostly data nerds on twitter and not news orgs. Same thing with the ice extent posted above.

Capitalism promotes stuff people want to read. People don't want to read about the death of the Earth. Thus you have to dig a bit.

Maybe I'll post something how crazily temperatures are being broken globally. The rate of records being broken is sick.

Again, I am trying to avoid "studies" as they're prone to biases. Trying to keep it at empirical observations of a climate that is clearly changing due to anthropomorphic causes.
    O shut the fuck up lier

There’s only been two state record high temperatures set in the 2000s. The last one was in 2019 in John Martin Reservoir Colorado. High temp that day was 119. Before that it was 2012 in Columbia South Carolina with a temp of 113. Literally no US records are being broken. Same goes for the rest of the world.

In fact the highest temp in the Us was recorded in 1913 at green Valley Ranch California. Temp that day was 134. Probably because of all the gas guzzling cars and cow farts in 1913 lol.
    earth-just-had-its-hottest-july-by-a-long-shot-nasa-and-noaa-say

lol indeed.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

https://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2023/0...aking-records/

If you look around enough you can find these graphs that show the outlier but it is mostly data nerds on twitter and not news orgs. Same thing with the ice extent posted above.

Capitalism promotes stuff people want to read. People don't want to read about the death of the Earth. Thus you have to dig a bit.

Maybe I'll post something how crazily temperatures are being broken globally. The rate of records being broken is sick.

Again, I am trying to avoid "studies" as they're prone to biases. Trying to keep it at empirical observations of a climate that is clearly changing due to anthropomorphic causes.
    O shut the fuck up lier

There’s only been two state record high temperatures set in the 2000s. The last one was in 2019 in John Martin Reservoir Colorado. High temp that day was 119. Before that it was 2012 in Columbia South Carolina with a temp of 113. Literally no US records are being broken. Same goes for the rest of the world.

In fact the highest temp in the Us was recorded in 1913 at green Valley Ranch California. Temp that day was 134. Probably because of all the gas guzzling cars and cow farts in 1913 lol.
    earth-just-had-its-hottest-july-by-a-long-shot-nasa-and-noaa-say

lol indeed.

Yawn

I would bet my entire net worth against any dooms day scenario you and that lunatic Elliott believe. Again multi generational is fine because my grandchildren are getting everything I have.

It will give you max time to win the bet. Just think you can change the course of your entire family with this one wager.

Still waiting for that record US temperature to fall lol.

The only thing that’s destroying our country is the all drug addicts and obese left wing freaks who believe in nothing but blind leaders, and politics. Easy to dominate these freaks in everything at anytime

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Sure there have always been droughts but it is the frequency and magnitude that are the concern.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting here. That it can only be climate change if we never leave droughts and it is the new normal? Because as long as there are "droughts" then well that is all it is because droughts have existed in the past?

Basically things have to by hyper-fucked before you'll start believing. Yea, you change your mind a lot.

Doesn't really matter. It is all inevitable at this point. Not that Americans could have prevented it on their own but they could have helped lead the way. But no one wants to give up anything. Not even "Christans" who like to see themselves as superior. They'll sit around screaming about abortion but when it comes to fucking their own kids. No problemo !

And thats the truth.
    The frequency and magnitude is no worse today than it was in the past. Give it up. Climate alarmists blame every weather event on climate change. STFU! Climate alarmists told us climate change caused more hurricanes. That got debunked. You guys are just full of it.
    You're the same guy a couple months ago that said records were not being broken at a higher rate. When I come across a good source of all the records being broken I will post it here as a response.

Where I'm from has DEFINITELY had records broken and not just 1 day this Summer sorta deal. Really bad ones. I'm curious how many trees are going to die. Hopefully not many. Last time this happened all the larger ones that relied on creeks and such died. All I can do though is fire mitigation. Will be buying a tractor when I get back to do some work.

Regardless though your point is at least a little true. No one can precisely say how much of the weather anomalies are impacted by climate change. Given all the random variance the cause can't be separated. Maybe we would have had a drought anyway. No one can be very very certain. Yes that is all true.

One thing that is baffling is that you understand variance but it is another universal excuse sort of deal. Maybe you're right maybe not but you guys point out to the weather being nice wherever you are is the like telling us a machine is lucky or it is +EV because you won the first spin.

You were literally mocking the idea of records being broken but seriously.. look the fuck around.

You seem to think that because everything has a possible other explanation then somehow it invalidates the observations and views of many many others.

I'm not taking a shot at you. I'm very impressed by how you are self-educated. The reality though is that many many smart people agree about this stuff and very few disagree. These are not people who spent their life chasing dollars. You say they're the ones going after the "big bucks" but you just ignore the fact that one can say the same about the other side which is DEFINITELY money oriented. You're beyond biased.

You'll go to some hack youtube channel from a person who has likely not accomplished anything until they started pandering. A person with no particular skill or knowledge. Nothing there to suggest that we should listen to them in regards to this. From their view - All at once they don't even have to work if they get their clicks! But nah, they're not chasing the bucks.

It is the guys who who spent all their younger life studying and learning and improving themselves in that regard and not chasing money. THEY are the ones chasing the "big bucks".

Wonder if you could ever change your mind about you not changing your mind?!?!
    State records as of today are still intact moron. State records should be falling every few months minimum if everything you think is real was. Won’t happen I’ve driven from the east coast, to the west coast, to the gulf coast all the way to South Dakota this summer. There’s nothing note worthy about the weather. However if you only sit in your house and consume propaganda 24/7 you may believe the world ending.

The frequency and magnitude is no worse today than it was in the past. Give it up. Climate alarmists blame every weather event on climate change. STFU! Climate alarmists told us climate change caused more hurricanes. That got debunked. You guys are just full of it.
    You're the same guy a couple months ago that said records were not being broken at a higher rate. When I come across a good source of all the records being broken I will post it here as a response.

Where I'm from has DEFINITELY had records broken and not just 1 day this Summer sorta deal. Really bad ones. I'm curious how many trees are going to die. Hopefully not many. Last time this happened all the larger ones that relied on creeks and such died. All I can do though is fire mitigation. Will be buying a tractor when I get back to do some work.

Regardless though your point is at least a little true. No one can precisely say how much of the weather anomalies are impacted by climate change. Given all the random variance the cause can't be separated. Maybe we would have had a drought anyway. No one can be very very certain. Yes that is all true.

One thing that is baffling is that you understand variance but it is another universal excuse sort of deal. Maybe you're right maybe not but you guys point out to the weather being nice wherever you are is the like telling us a machine is lucky or it is +EV because you won the first spin.

You were literally mocking the idea of records being broken but seriously.. look the fuck around.

You seem to think that because everything has a possible other explanation then somehow it invalidates the observations and views of many many others.

I'm not taking a shot at you. I'm very impressed by how you are self-educated. The reality though is that many many smart people agree about this stuff and very few disagree. These are not people who spent their life chasing dollars. You say they're the ones going after the "big bucks" but you just ignore the fact that one can say the same about the other side which is DEFINITELY money oriented. You're beyond biased.

You'll go to some hack youtube channel from a person who has likely not accomplished anything until they started pandering. A person with no particular skill or knowledge. Nothing there to suggest that we should listen to them in regards to this. From their view - All at once they don't even have to work if they get their clicks! But nah, they're not chasing the bucks.

It is the guys who who spent all their younger life studying and learning and improving themselves in that regard and not chasing money. THEY are the ones chasing the "big bucks".

Wonder if you could ever change your mind about you not changing your mind?!?!
    State records as of today are still intact moron. State records should be falling every few months minimum if everything you think is real was. Won’t happen I’ve driven from the east coast, to the west coast, to the gulf coast all the way to South Dakota this summer. There’s nothing note worthy about the weather. However if you only sit in your house and consume propaganda 24/7 you may believe the world ending.
    Dormers should just kill them selves instead living in this world . Canada will help them

Where does he post his politics? I guess maybe I've seen some of it but mostly he just talks about climate change. I had no clue about the guy outside of name recognition until I came across him on twitter.

If you believed his math was good on gaming (when very very few gamblers could even calculate that stuff) then I would suggest to not quickly discard his climate math. These aren't like opinions on societal issues like previous things.

One of the biggest reasons that effective change will never happen within a reasonable timeframe is because so many people on the right see this as a political issue. No, it is going to kill your progeny too dumb mother fucker! Whether directly or indirectly. Only way this doesn't happen is nukes/plague get to us first.

If you guys haven't noticed, we've broke records all across the globe this summer. I'm assuming most of you APs can extrapolate from these things....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Not one state record temperature was broken in the US last summer. Or this one so far

"big bucks" meaning tiny fraction of an oil company CEO who funds denialism ?

What do you think the salaries of the typical research/academic are relative to the CEO of a public oil company ?

Serious question.
    Research/Academics are a dime a dozen. There are multi-thousands of them. CEO of a major oil company is a pretty rare position. Not many of them on the planet. So not a valid comparison. Now, if there were multi thousands of oil company CEO's you might be on to something.

You made no comments about Judith Curry's assertions. She believes that climate change is a problem but not near to the level the alarmists scream about. Is she also a denialist in your eyes?
    Huh? CEOs get in their position for far different reasons. It isn't necessarily their expertise. The talk was of money and incentives. I'm not sure your point though. There aren't near enough public oil companies to have many CEOs. They are not going through a particularly rigorous vetting process but I suppose a lot of academics aren't that different. A lot of it is politics and being at the right place and right time but that isn't the case with the best researchers. They do ground breaking stuff that advances humanity. They're not giving handjobs under the corporate meeting table hoping to be promoted in the future to pad their salary with an extra 0.

Researchers didn't get into their jobs to make $$. We've talked about this before. Not everyone has a value system based on cash. Some people value learning and truth. These people would never become CEOs in the first place. Only the guys chasing the "big bucks".

Regardless, we're talking about the incentives of the CEO to fund all this denialism crap amongst the simps. You are the one who talked about "big bucks' funding this. But the bucks just aren't near as big on the researcher's side.

Researchers are not exactly a dime a dozen. Not the legitimate ones you can trust. Sure we could each call ourselves researchers because we watch youtube videos but that doesn't count.

You know anything about Hawaii? Or wait we want to talk about the warm waters in Florida? East or West my man. What about so many other countries? Look around or watch a handful of youtube channels desperately cling to nonsense in their hope to get clicks.

July hottest month on record but hey it is Summer so it ain't going to be January that beats the records! Of course it'd be July. right?! You see this level of reasoning so often. Many times in this thread alone.

This shit is done with bro. Write humanity OFF.

I'm actually moving most of my $$ into ETFs based on slowing/mitigating climate change effects. Not sure when to enter the stock market though. That is beyond me.

I believe I watched some of this Judith woman. Anyone can make a point and it may seem logical in a vacuum but we don't live in a vacuum. It is all most unfortunate. I really really wish I was wrong. I like nature. I like eating a variety of food.

I don't like forests being ravaged across the globe. You can't blame it on Democrats, buddy. There are pretty much infinite things I don't like about this but nothing I can do.
    Most academic types couldn’t be CEOs. Maybe read up on why instead of thinking the local HS science teacher is god. Maybe you should go around and suck off all the HS science teachers in your town.

Peer reviewed science is such BS. Gatekeepers gatekeeping. Just read the book the real Anthony fauci. The same
    Shit happens in every scientific vertical.

Give your bussy up to Elliot to cream

Research/Academics are a dime a dozen. There are multi-thousands of them. CEO of a major oil company is a pretty rare position. Not many of them on the planet. So not a valid comparison. Now, if there were multi thousands of oil company CEO's you might be on to something.

You made no comments about Judith Curry's assertions. She believes that climate change is a problem but not near to the level the alarmists scream about. Is she also a denialist in your eyes?
    Huh? CEOs get in their position for far different reasons. It isn't necessarily their expertise. The talk was of money and incentives. I'm not sure your point though. There aren't near enough public oil companies to have many CEOs. They are not going through a particularly rigorous vetting process but I suppose a lot of academics aren't that different. A lot of it is politics and being at the right place and right time but that isn't the case with the best researchers. They do ground breaking stuff that advances humanity. They're not giving handjobs under the corporate meeting table hoping to be promoted in the future to pad their salary with an extra 0.

Researchers didn't get into their jobs to make $$. We've talked about this before. Not everyone has a value system based on cash. Some people value learning and truth. These people would never become CEOs in the first place. Only the guys chasing the "big bucks".

Regardless, we're talking about the incentives of the CEO to fund all this denialism crap amongst the simps. You are the one who talked about "big bucks' funding this. But the bucks just aren't near as big on the researcher's side.

Researchers are not exactly a dime a dozen. Not the legitimate ones you can trust. Sure we could each call ourselves researchers because we watch youtube videos but that doesn't count.

You know anything about Hawaii? Or wait we want to talk about the warm waters in Florida? East or West my man. What about so many other countries? Look around or watch a handful of youtube channels desperately cling to nonsense in their hope to get clicks.

July hottest month on record but hey it is Summer so it ain't going to be January that beats the records! Of course it'd be July. right?! You see this level of reasoning so often. Many times in this thread alone.

I'm actually moving most of my $$ into ETFs based on slowing/mitigating climate change effects. Not sure when to enter the stock market though. That is beyond me.

I believe I watched some of this Judith woman. Anyone can make a point and it may seem logical in a vacuum but we don't live in a vacuum. It is all most unfortunate. I really really wish I was wrong. I like nature. I like eating a variety of food.

I don't like forests being ravaged across the globe. You can't blame it on Democrats, buddy. There are pretty much infinite things I don't like about this but nothing I can do.
    Most academic types couldn’t be CEOs. Maybe read up on why instead of thinking the local HS science teacher is god. Maybe you should go around and suck off all the HS science teachers in your town.

Peer reviewed science is such BS. Gatekeepers gatekeeping. Just read the book the real Anthony fauci. The same

You are such a knuckle-dragging weirdo. Records have been set all over the US but you are so triggered like a girl not really worth discussing.

really who gives a fuck about Fauci at this point? such a dumbass. Jesus.

Peer reviewed journals have their issues but it is the best system we have and has very much to do with your standard of life. Such a backwards monkey.

Now go back to staring at your dick in the mirror.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

You are such a knuckle-dragging weirdo. Records have been set all over the US but you are so triggered like a girl not really worth discussing.

Peer reviewed journals have their issues but it is the best system we have and has very much to do with your standard of life. Such a backwards monkey.

Listen Up Dumb-Ass.
    Even if everyone in the United States goes green, goes solar, drives EVs... etc. etc.
    It won't make one bit of difference.
    The truth is that CHINA and INDIA create more emissions than all the other countries combined.
    And the United States does not dictate the policy of CHINA or INDIA.
    It's a Fucking Scam to sell green products and EVs to the United States Consumer.
    Wise Up.
    You just been Slingered.
    Tell 'em tableplay!

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Listen Up Dumb-Ass.
    Even if everyone in the United States goes green, goes solar, drives EVs... etc. etc.
    The truth is that CHINA and INDIA create more emissions than all the other countries combined.
    It's a Fucking Scam to sell green products and EVs to the United States Consumer.
    Wise Up.
    You just been Slingered.
    Tell 'em tableplay!
    Yes that's right. For example China has plans to build a large number of coal plants (https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...les-2023-03-22). Besides, the current warming trend could be due to us coming out of an ice age anyway - even if we could get China and India to change their energy policies.

Originally Posted by monet View Post

Listen Up Dumb-Ass.
    Wise Up.
    You just been Slingered.
    Tell 'em tableplay!
    I'm not telling anyone to live a certain way. What are you flapping n jiggling on about?

I disagree that it won't make a bit of difference. You're basically just rationalizing not doing anything and of course it is a completely self-fulfilling. Everyone else does the same thing.

One person won't make any measurable difference. You're not all that wrong. It is just a pathetic way of rationalizing.

Man this Maui one is a new one. Hawaii now has the deadliest American wildfire in last 100 years. lol "scam".

"Wise up" ?

It is just starting up...

GL with the tent in the desert approach.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hilary-bec...y?id=102337852

Is a first a record?

I would have to say yes. You can't have records for things that didn't happen but being the first it means it will pretty much set any records. The weakest the strongest the longest etc. Yea, definitely going to break records.

Is a first a record?

I would have to say yes. You can't have records for things that didn't happen but being the first it means it will pretty much set any records. The weakest the strongest the longest etc. Yea, definitely going to break records.
    It's not the 1st ever tropical storm to hit California. It is the first time a tropical storm watch has been announced for Southern California. This is probably because in 1939 they had not implemented a warning system of this type yet (in Southern California).
    Name:  tELLkpZ.png
Views: 243
Size:  16.1 KB

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Is a first a record?

It's not the 1st ever tropical storm to hit California. It is the first time a tropical storm watch has been announced for Southern California. This is probably because in 1939 they had not implemented a warning system of this type yet (in Southern California).
    Thank you TP for correcting me

I thought that was the case the first time I skimmed it then I saw the headline later when it was abbreviated.

Your reasoning is also basically why there haven't been any wildfires as deadly as Maui in the last 100 years...

Is a first a record?

I thought that was the case the first time I skimmed it then I saw the headline later when it was abbreviated.

Your reasoning is also basically why there haven't been any wildfires as deadly as Maui in the last 100 years...
    I'm not reasoning anything. I am reporting the incidence of the last two tropical storms in California.

I'm not reasoning anything. I am reporting the incidence of the last two tropical storms in California.
    " .. This is probably because in 1939 they had not implemented a warning system of this type yet .." would not be reasoning for why it was the first time the storm was announced? Was it not yours?

" .. This is probably because in 1939 they had not implemented a warning system of this type yet .." would not be reasoning for why it was the first time the storm was announced? Was it not yours?
    That's reasoning for California, not for Hawaii (Maui). I am not familiar with Maui's tropical storm warning system, when it was implemented, or Maui's fire warning system implementation history either. In short I am not reasoning anything about Maui, which is what I should have wrote earlier. I figured since you threw Maui into the mix that you would know that I was referring to Maui when I made the earlier statement.

That's reasoning for California, not for Hawaii (Maui). I am not familiar with Maui's tropical storm warning system, when it was implemented, or Maui's fire warning system implementation history either. In short I am not reasoning anything about Maui, which is what I should have wrote earlier. I figured since you threw Maui into the mix that you would know that I was referring to Maui when I made the earlier statement.
    Well you said you weren't reasoning anything .. and I was confused because it seemed you had.

I was just saying that the existence of warning mechanisms/communication systems are why both Cali had a "first warning" and why Maui's fire was the deadliest wildfire in 100 years. Both of the records are skewed because of a change in technology and not necessarily the underlying weather phenomena.

It really was not a point worth me making.

I was going to post temperature records for Seedvalue and Mickey to dumbly respond with "but it is ok where I happen to be" but meh. Literally records are being broken on every continent/country/wherever. We're fucked and it won't be pretty or fun. It might be exciting if all the inter-country pressures trigger wars (nuclear or not) but thats about the only excitement. I'm digging a well by my house and hopefully the water table holds out for my lifetime.

Anyway, here is a crazy thing and another empirical observation.

more flowers in the antartic

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ar/ar-AA1hneq7

So this may be the first news article discussing current food shortage issues due to climate change. Literally people are starting to starve over this. Countries aren't going to want to share which increases other pressures.

Thread Information