Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Lol. You watched it !!! haha.. I had no interest in watching it as it was all stuff I more or less already knew.
    So you already knew the north pole would be ice free by 2013 just like Al Gore said it would? Since we are 10 years beyond that date you guys should change the prediction to 2033 if you want to continue to fearmonger.
    lol it all goes back to Al Gore with you. The manipulations have never ceased working on you, poor thing.

I googled your claim and there is an article talking about how the "viral posting" or whatever is wrong. He also cited other sources.. I don't really know and don't care. I never have specific timeframes and if I do it'd be like "Within 200 years ..". If Gore made a specific claim and was that far off - shrug. My guess he didn't though, lol. I'd bet $$$$ that he didn't explicitly say it.

It will happen though. Make no doubt about it.
    Humans will adapt.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

So you already knew the north pole would be ice free by 2013 just like Al Gore said it would? Since we are 10 years beyond that date you guys should change the prediction to 2033 if you want to continue to fearmonger.
    lol it all goes back to Al Gore with you. The manipulations have never ceased working on you, poor thing.

I googled your claim and there is an article talking about how the "viral posting" or whatever is wrong. He also cited other sources.. I don't really know and don't care. I never have specific timeframes and if I do it'd be like "Within 200 years ..". If Gore made a specific claim and was that far off - shrug. My guess he didn't though, lol. I'd bet $$$$ that he didn't explicitly say it.

It will happen though. Make no doubt about it.
    Humans will adapt.
    Science isn't magic. It has limitations. I don't think humans will die off. Civilization will. Mass loss of population. Yes people will adapt ecosystems won't. Ecosystems don't just adapt to changes happenekng at rate 100-1000x the change caused by industrial revolution and exponential population growth. Someone can pump dust in the armosphere. Literally only thing I believe has a chance of working.. and even then it only masks doesn't solve.

I don't think humans will die off.
    Science says they almost certainly will.

Speicifically, assuming we don't annihilate ourselves first, the processes of EVOLUTION will operate over time to change "us" into some form of new, as yet unknown form.

True, some species have kept the same form for what seems like forever, as they evolved "perfectly" to fit their environment, but hominids are a fast-burning work in process, time-wise.
    Last edited by MisterV; 12-09-2023 at 06:25 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Specifically, assuming we don't annihilate ourselves first, the processes of EVOLUTION will operate over time to change "us" into some form of new, as yet unknown form.
    Human 'microevolution' forming more arteries, less wisdom teeth in babies

For years, we have all thought that human beings have evolved to their maximum. But researchers have now revealed that human babies are now being born with slightly different features.

In what is being termed as 'microevolution', scientists have found that babies are now being born with a slightly smaller jaw and extra bones in their legs and feet.

The babies are also being born without wisdom teeth now, but they seem to have an extra artery in their arms.

The study was published in a study that was published in the Journal of Anatomy. The researchers of this study have claimed that human are evolving at a rate faster than any other creature or humans in the past have evolved at.

The change in wisdom teeth is because over time the human mouths have gotten smaller, which has resulted in less room for teeth in our mouths now.

Dr Teghan Lucas from Flinders University, Adelaide explained that due to our increased ability to chew food and also natural selection, fewer babies have wisdom teeth now.

"A lot of people thought humans have stopped evolving. But our study shows we are still evolving - faster than at any point in the past 250 years," she added.

As for the artery, the median artery forms when a baby is in its mother's womb, but used to disappear after the baby was born. However, now, one in three people have their median arteries throughout their lives. ALthough, the researchers have assured that this poses no danger to the human lives.

Calling it 'micro evolution', Author Professor Maciej Henneberg explained, "The median artery is a perfect example of how we are still evolving because people born more recently have a higher prevalence of this artery when compared to humans from previous generations."

https://www.wionews.com/science/huma...-babies-334054

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I don't think humans will die off.
    Science says they almost certainly will.

Speicifically, assuming we don't annihilate ourselves first, the processes of EVOLUTION will operate over time to change "us" into some form of new, as yet unknown form.

True, some species have kept the same form for what seems like forever, as they evolved "perfectly" to fit their environment, but hominids are a fast-burning work in process, time-wise.
    I'm talking in next 100 years.. at some point enough people die off stasis will be reached.

It is all governed by resources. I have been reading a new version of 'the limits of growth'. It isn't even about climate change per se.. just physics and the math of it all. Population growth and what is needed to sustain it. Mostly stuff that was obvious to me but witjout specifics. One interesting is poor uneducated women with no way to.invest have more children because that is their investment. I knew that but never seen it called investing.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I'm looking forward to the midwest being tropical. Much closer than the Caribbean.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I'm looking forward to the midwest being tropical. Much closer than the Caribbean.
    What sort of ecosystem will take over?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

That's what you guys never talk about.

That's what you guys never talk about.
    Lol Okey dokey

https://phys.org/news/2023-12-climat...fall-sync.html

And it ain't getting better. Ecosystems on their way out. Who knows how it plays out.

The earth has endured massive catastrophes and life always survives.

Life will continue, perhaps in forms we don't currently see, long after humanity is dust in the wind.

Don't worry, be happy.
    What, Me Worry?

I'm not saying climate change is not happening but it's the bullshit predictions over the years that have a lot of people thinking climate change is a hoax:

An even bigger hoax is that we need and our infrastructure can support EV's by 2030. Pure BS on multiple levels. Greennies get anxiety hard-ons, while sensible folks just carry on with their lives.

I'm not saying climate change is not happening but it's the bullshit predictions over the years that have a lot of people thinking climate change is a hoax:

I'd just say these people are always well meaning. Predictions are super hard if not possible.

The overall arch of temperature prediction is pretty damn close. This is why I stay away from when things will happen but just that theyre going to be happening faster and faster.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    An even bigger hoax is that we need and our infrastructure can support EV's by 2030. Pure BS on multiple levels. Greennies get anxiety hard-ons, while sensible folks just carry on with their lives.
    I'd like to hear these levels of "pure bullshit". You think current infrastructure can support the charging of everyone's car?

It is largely a moot point. Cars aren't going to save us. They still are far far from a sustainable existence and don't do much directly themselves. It lets the embedded actors in capitalism continue on though.

BTW Robert, I don't have anxiety about this either but just not for the same reasons as you do. Your undoubtedly trashy-ass offspring will bear the brunt of this and their lives will not be anywhere near the same as what you experienced. You'll be dead. Nothing even left of your corpse to stink but life above will continue on trying to find it's way. However, humans will find the ecosystems keep being destroyed and there are many starving countries with militaries and lots of people. Hungry people going to all go to first world countries who have managed a way to at least keep people from starving. The natural disasters are going to be worse and less resources to fix things or mitigate the damage caused by it all. Civilization will not anywhere near as uhm... civilized.

A sociopathic gambling addict who goes through as much effort as you to impress people is NOT someone who is going to care about climate change. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Look at temperature graphs, look at the fact that the US is now creating more fossil fuels than ever. THe COP which is the biggest thing is corrupt bullshit ran by oil producing companies. That shit hasn't done anything for 28 years and won't now.

You though Robert will just be dust in the wind. Your trashy ass doesn't give a shit about the shitty lives of your trashy progeny. I get it. I also get you don't have the type of reasoning ability that is necessary to comprehend the inevitable of all this shit.

I'd like to hear these levels of "pure bullshit". You think current infrastructure can support the charging of everyone's car?

It is largely a moot point. Cars aren't going to save us. They still are far far from a sustainable existence and don't do much directly themselves. It lets the embedded actors in capitalism continue on though.

BTW Robert, I don't have anxiety about this either but just not for the same reasons as you do. Your undoubtedly trashy-ass offspring will bear the brunt of this and their lives will not be anywhere near the same as what you experienced. You'll be dead. Nothing even left of your corpse to stink but life above will continue on trying to find it's way. However, humans will find the ecosystems keep being destroyed and there are many starving countries with militaries and lots of people. Hungry people going to all go to first world countries who have managed a way to at least keep people from starving. The natural disasters are going to be worse and less resources to fix things or mitigate the damage caused by it all. Civilization will not anywhere near as uhm... civilized.

A sociopathic gambling addict who goes through as much effort as you to impress people is NOT someone who is going to care about climate change. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Look at temperature graphs, look at the fact that the US is now creating more fossil fuels than ever. THe COP which is the biggest thing is corrupt bullshit ran by oil producing companies. That shit hasn't done anything for 28 years and won't now.

You though Robert will just be dust in the wind. Your trashy ass doesn't give a shit about the shitty lives of your trashy progeny. I get it. I also get you don't have the type of reasoning ability that is necessary to comprehend the inevitable of all this shit.
    And there you have it....make a simple and truthful statement that differs from the extreme beliefs of the lonely & childless green freaks out there, and they come apart at the seams--complete with a disbelief in younger generations being able to ever figure out their own problems. Every. Single. Time.

(I'll have to make a note of this trigger )
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 12-16-2023 at 09:06 AM.

And there you have it....make a simple and truthful statement that differs from the extreme beliefs of the lonely & childless green freaks out there, and they come apart at the seams--complete with a disbelief in younger generations being able to ever figure out their own problems. Every. Single. Time.

(I'll have to make a note of this trigger )
    Lmao the fact that you are SO laughably unrespected that I delight in pointing out your fails does not a trigger make.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 12-16-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Things grow very well in a greenhouse. And trees love Carbon dioxide.

The ocean rose 400 feet after the last ice age. The warmer temperatures destroyed whole ecosystems.

But about 100,000 years ago their was a very warm period where the ocean was 18 feet higher than it is today.

Humans survived and thrived thru it all....and will continue to do so.

Things grow very well in a greenhouse. And trees love Carbon dioxide.

The ocean rose 400 feet after the last ice age. The warmer temperatures destroyed whole ecosystems.

But about 100,000 years ago their was a very warm period where the ocean was 18 feet higher than it is today.

Humans survived and thrived thru it all....and will continue to do so.
    Ahh they "thrived" 100k years ago says noted anthropologist Crimm..

These changes (if true) are analogous beause the temperature rose and dropped back then. Let's ignore all the other differences in those times.

Let us look at this in literally the most dumbed-down way possible. Sometimes it got warm and sometimes colder and we're still here therefore we can survive.... just cuz noted and celebrated anthropologist Mickey Crimm.

Let us look at this in literally the most dumbed-down way possible. Sometimes it got warm and sometimes colder and we're still here therefore we can survive.... just cuz noted and celebrated anthropologist Mickey Crimm.
    Mickey however is quite correct about life going on through changes in climate and sea level.

Say the seas rise:we'll just move inland.

Say the rain patterns change: we'll adjust to where they are most favorable.

Say the CO2 level gets toxic: well then, we're fucked, but some other forms of life will evolve and flourish, "same as it ever was."
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information