Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Recent interview with Eliot Jacobson

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Let us look at this in literally the most dumbed-down way possible. Sometimes it got warm and sometimes colder and we're still here therefore we can survive.... just cuz noted and celebrated anthropologist Mickey Crimm.
    Mickey however is quite correct about life going on through changes in climate and sea level.

Say the seas rise:we'll just move inland.

Say the rain patterns change: we'll adjust to where they are most favorable.

Say the CO2 level gets toxic: well then, we're fucked, but some other forms of life will evolve and flourish, "same as it ever was."
    You don't seem to begin to understand the finite aspect of resources in all their forms (excluding sunlight).

So much underpins those simplistic assumptions that isn't true.

If I have a.gsme where I lose my bankroll at 1% a year .. you believe that the outcome will mean a continually smaller bankroll? What do you think it means to have the temperature go up every year (on average)?

People whine about our southern borders can't begin to comprehend when whole countries stop.being able to feed themselves.

Water tables dropping, rivers drying up, some country's are already going through a lot of crap. They aren't advanced enough for every person to have AC. Go look at all the rivers drying up ... and things are just starting to get bad.

This isn't some little cultural pendulum. These severe lack of basic resources coupled with modern armaments. Tell me about historical lessons....... lol
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 12-16-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Actually, I don't really care much about how humanity fares in the future: frankly, we deserve to become extinct for the damage we've done to this planet.

Why should the survival of humanity matter in the grand scheme of the universe?

Just let me live out my life in peace, that's all I ask.
    Last edited by MisterV; 12-16-2023 at 04:24 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Actually, I don't really care much about how humanity fares in the future: frankly, we deserve to become extinct for the damage we've done to this planet.

It is my belief it isn't really fixable but I don't like people who are gladly running us into the ground as fast a possible given a pass with the countless bullshit they're fed.

At least own up to your actions. Shrug

Do you have kids?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

It is my belief it isn't really fixable but I don't like people who are gladly running us into the ground as fast a possible given a pass with the countless bullshit they're fed.

At least own to your actions. Shrug

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1736038812445532669

Speaking of ecosystems I'm deer hunting and need to get in rufle

Do you have kids?
    Yes, I have a son, a daughter in law, and a grand son.

My eight year old grand son is sharp as a tack and beginning to get a feel for the issues of the world.

When I'm gone it will be his turn to step up and try to be proactive to "Save the World."

Me, I live my life "old school," but I do recycle.
    What, Me Worry?

I think that the correct number of chromosomes is 24, but, we end up with 23 pairs, in the too bad universe, where similarity/dissimilarity matters to us, and, 25 pairs, in the other, where neither do, the too good universe. In other words, we know what we have to do to change things for the better, but, that's just not possible.

In humans, each cell normally contains 23 pairs of chromosomes, for a total of 46. Twenty-two of these pairs, called autosomes, look the same in both males and females. The 23rd pair, the sex chromosomes, differ between males and females. Females have two copies of the X chromosome, while males have one X and one Y chromosome.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

I'd like to hear these levels of "pure bullshit". You think current infrastructure can support the charging of everyone's car?

It is largely a moot point. Cars aren't going to save us. They still are far far from a sustainable existence and don't do much directly themselves. It lets the embedded actors in capitalism continue on though.

BTW Robert, I don't have anxiety about this either but just not for the same reasons as you do. Your undoubtedly trashy-ass offspring will bear the brunt of this and their lives will not be anywhere near the same as what you experienced. You'll be dead. Nothing even left of your corpse to stink but life above will continue on trying to find it's way. However, humans will find the ecosystems keep being destroyed and there are many starving countries with militaries and lots of people. Hungry people going to all go to first world countries who have managed a way to at least keep people from starving. The natural disasters are going to be worse and less resources to fix things or mitigate the damage caused by it all. Civilization will not anywhere near as uhm... civilized.

A sociopathic gambling addict who goes through as much effort as you to impress people is NOT someone who is going to care about climate change. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Look at temperature graphs, look at the fact that the US is now creating more fossil fuels than ever. THe COP which is the biggest thing is corrupt bullshit ran by oil producing companies. That shit hasn't done anything for 28 years and won't now.

You though Robert will just be dust in the wind. Your trashy ass doesn't give a shit about the shitty lives of your trashy progeny. I get it. I also get you don't have the type of reasoning ability that is necessary to comprehend the inevitable of all this shit.
    Things grow very well in a greenhouse. And trees love Carbon dioxide.

The ocean rose 400 feet after the last ice age. The warmer temperatures destroyed whole ecosystems.

But about 100,000 years ago their was a very warm period where the ocean was 18 feet higher than it is today.

Humans survived and thrived thru it all....and will continue to do so.
    Ahh they "thrived" 100k years ago says noted anthropologist Crimm..

These changes (if true) are analogous beause the temperature rose and dropped back then. Let's ignore all the other differences in those times.

Let us look at this in literally the most dumbed-down way possible. Sometimes it got warm and sometimes colder and we're still here therefore we can survive.... just cuz noted and celebrated anthropologist Mickey Crimm.
    Fucking idiot. The human race has thrived from 100K years ago all the way up until today, stupid ass.

LOL, like you are some kind of climate expert. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! A fucking whacked out crusader.

Along with getting rid of cow farts why don't you climate nazi's kill yourselves. All that breathing you are doing is putting carbon dioxide into the air. Just think of how much less carbon goes into the air if you chicken little's off yourselves.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Things grow very well in a greenhouse. And trees love Carbon dioxide.

The ocean rose 400 feet after the last ice age. The warmer temperatures destroyed whole ecosystems.

But about 100,000 years ago their was a very warm period where the ocean was 18 feet higher than it is today.

Humans survived and thrived thru it all....and will continue to do so.
    Ahh they "thrived" 100k years ago says noted anthropologist Crimm..

These changes (if true) are analogous beause the temperature rose and dropped back then. Let's ignore all the other differences in those times.

Fucking idiot. The human race has thrived from 100K years ago all the way up until today, stupid ass.

LOL, like you are some kind of climate expert. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! A fucking whacked out crusader.

Along with getting rid of cow farts why don't you climate nazi's kill yourselves. All that breathing you are doing is putting carbon dioxide into the air. Just think of how much less carbon goes into the air if you chicken little's off yourselves.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    Lol triggered.

"thrived" Perhaps. I guess spreading across the globe means they thrived but I don't think you would have wanted to live their life while they were 'thriving' but I can give you that. Expanded all over the globe but how long did that take to do? It is all about the timescales. If I had to guess many people starved back then but it was all thriving.

All these talking point muppets like Crimm who can't think for themselves love to compare things that lasted time-frames many magnitudes different.

I'm not sure how I'm a nazi for expressing wildly agreed upon science? Old shit for brains aka noted anthropologist Crimm says I must be.

I'm not an expert - far from it. I am quite an expert in climate change relative to the regular posters on here but I would never call myself that in a vacuum.

I started watching a youtube guy the other day where a guy picked apart an "engineer" who had a youtube video. The "engineer" was literally reading from a website that made by an organization that is pro CO2 and just full of nonsense. That guy was a real experts. I don't memorize factoids. I'm far from it but I do follow this stuff outside of msm.

Crimm, since you're not self-perceptive enough let me lay it out. This is another application of the universal excuse. I forget what all I called it when arguing wtih you previously. It is what you always fall back on.

The reasoning is something similar happened in the past therefore what is happening now doesn't matter. It comes from people who can't or won't question the views they already have so they apply the universal excuse. In this case it is 'well the weather has changed in the past and we were ok'.

Crimm still impaled so deep on Trump's dick he can't dislodge his tongue from the guy's asshole. Instead of "someone did something similar in the past so therefore it is ok" he is using a "because the temperature changed in the past then it is ok". It doesn't matter how compareable things are - that is THE argument.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 12-17-2023 at 09:43 AM.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1736038812445532669

Speaking of ecosystems I'm deer hunting and need to get in rufle
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Anyway, I had to cut this post short last night as I took the shot. Not a big one but it is at the processor now...

Back to this post - The above tweet is a list of records that were set. Micky or Seedvalue going to come back with "but but but the temperature here is fine at the moment". clownworld my friends. clownworld.

Do you have kids?
    Yes, I have a son, a daughter in law, and a grand son.

My eight year old grand son is sharp as a tack and beginning to get a feel for the issues of the world.

When I'm gone it will be his turn to step up and try to be proactive to "Save the World."

Me, I live my life "old school," but I do recycle.
    "it will be his turn" ? You say that as if you think you're being proactive in some way ......

oh recycling is a total and complete joke. Aluminum is a net positive and maybe glass but the paper/plastic stuff takes far more energy and contibutes to problems overall. That shit should just be thrown away.

Don't pat yourself on the back as if you're doing anything at all.

Lol triggered.

"thrived" Perhaps. I guess spreading across the globe means they thrived but I don't think you would have wanted to live their life while they were 'thriving' but I can give you that. Expanded all over the globe but how long did that take to do? It is all about the timescales. If I had to guess many people starved back then but it was all thriving.

All these talking point muppets like Crimm who can't think for themselves love to compare things that lasted time-frames many magnitudes different.

I'm not sure how I'm a nazi for expressing wildly agreed upon science? Old shit for brains aka noted anthropologist Crimm says I must be.

I'm not an expert - far from it. I am quite an expert in climate change relative to the regular posters on here but I would never call myself that in a vacuum.

I started watching a youtube guy the other day where a guy picked apart an "engineer" who had a youtube video. The "engineer" was literally reading from a website that made by an organization that is pro CO2 and just full of nonsense. That guy was a real experts. I don't memorize factoids. I'm far from it but I do follow this stuff outside of msm.

Crimm, since you're not self-perceptive enough let me lay it out. This is another application of the universal excuse. I forget what all I called it when arguing wtih you previously. It is what you always fall back on.

The reasoning is something similar happened in the past therefore what is happening now doesn't matter. It comes from people who can't or won't question the views they already have so they apply the universal excuse. In this case it is 'well the weather has changed in the past and we were ok'.

Crimm still impaled so deep on Trump's dick he can't dislodge his tongue from the guy's asshole. Instead of "someone did something similar in the past so therefore it is ok" he is using a "because the temperature changed in the past then it is ok". It doesn't matter how compareable things are - that is THE argument.
    Definitions from Oxford Languages
    fa·nat·ic
    /fəˈnadik/
    noun
    noun: fanatic; plural noun: fanatics

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious, political, or environmental cause.

"religious fanatics" "climate fanatics"

Similar:
    zealot
    extremist
    militant
    dogmatist
    devotee
    sectarian
    bigot
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

"it will be his turn" ? You say that as if you think you're being proactive in some way ......

oh recycling is a total and complete joke.

Aluminum is a net positive and maybe glass but the paper/plastic stuff takes far more energy and contibutes to problems overall.

That shit should just be thrown away.

LOL

I'm not patting myself on the back.

No, I understand the issue completely, I simply choose not to engage in the moment other than doing the bare minimum.

If my grandson chooses to devote time and resources to the issue of global warming then "bully for him," but me, I don't really give a flying fuck; that's why I pretty much have stayed out of this thread.

I'll be dead and gone long before the predicted shit hits the fan, if in fact it ever does, so hey, "What, me worry?"

Have fun pulling your hair out...
    What, Me Worry?

As AQ slowly falls into the same hole kew has occupied alone for some time now---the one where he's seen as someone who fabricates the facts related to his dumb and meaningless arguments just to get to post more so his boring life has some sort of goofy self-meaning........I tingle.

What a lonely, loathsome going-nowhere/never-been-anywhere-or-done-anything loser in life.

But don't worry: there's a couple people posting in a few threads here, and you can try to influence them just so you have something to do. Hurry up now--you don't want too much time to pass before you JUMP ON IT!

What an idiot.

Now Robert, that is a bit ... harsh.

Forums are a form of social media, a valuable tool to allow us to feel less isolated and more involved in the quasi-insane modern world; a world without a true sense of community or camaraderie.

Were we to spend all of our time in the cave, staring at the walls...well, I doubt that would end well.
    What, Me Worry?

oh recycling is a total and complete joke.

Aluminum is a net positive and maybe glass but the paper/plastic stuff takes far more energy and contibutes to problems overall.

That shit should just be thrown away.

LOL

I'm not patting myself on the back.

No, I understand the issue completely, I simply choose not to engage in the moment other than doing the bare minimum.

If my grandson chooses to devote time and resources to the issue of global warming then "bully for him," but me, I don't really give a flying fuck; that's why I pretty much have stayed out of this thread.

I'll be dead and gone long before the predicted shit hits the fan, if in fact it ever does, so hey, "What, me worry?"

Have fun pulling your hair out...
    Funny you guys think I'm sitting around worrying about this. It helps you to feel OK about not giving one shit about the world your progeny will take up. Ok. Idgaf.

I follow a few Twitter threads on the thing that will have more effect than anything short of a nuke war that is the outcome of the recently started conflicts.

Crimm ridiculing people who have shown enough intelligence to get PhDs and become researchers. There is a huge consensus by scientific community and idgaf you have some website with the same.tired dozen people who were relevant at point in their lives.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    As AQ slowly falls into the same hole kew has occupied alone for some time now---the one where he's seen as someone who fabricates the facts related to his dumb and meaningless arguments just to get to post more so his boring life has some sort of goofy self-meaning........I tingle.

What a lonely, loathsome going-nowhere/never-been-anywhere-or-done-anything loser in life.

But don't worry: there's a couple people posting in a few threads here, and you can try to influence them just so you have something to do. Hurry up now--you don't want too much time to pass before you JUMP ON IT!

What an idiot.
    Lol Robert for some reason I used to question whether you were more troll or more trying to get respect with your countless goofball claims. Then it is pointed out you've literally done this all.your career and in ways you couldn't be trolling.

I'm all ears about my "made up facts".

Funny you guys think I'm sitting around worrying about this.
    Why else would you spend so much time talking about the issue?

If not "worry" then "concern" or perhaps even "obsess."

Whatever, we all find issues in our lives to devote time and attention to; you've thrown your hat in this ring, I and others have not.

Makes no difference whatsoever.
    What, Me Worry?

Funny you guys think I'm sitting around worrying about this.
    Why else would you spend so much time talking about the issue?

If not "worry" then "concern" or perhaps even "obsess."

Whatever, we all find issues in our lives to devote time and attention to; you've thrown your hat in this ring, I and others have not.

Makes no difference whatsoever.
    Lol pretty sure I go many weeks not touching this thread unless I find something particularly strong. Then the regulars dog me. The fact that I consistently bump this thread has you confused. Then you're influenced by these guys and not really aware enough to see otherwise.

You threw your hat in the ring by replying to my posts that are pretty much just a series of observations of actual things happening. Do you realize that at least?

Then I layer the fact that we're so doomed cuz lol why not?

I'm not in the cast of this muppet show. Sorry guys.

Thread Information