Thread: Beware Las Vegas private hotel SWAT teams

From a gun community-

Caesars Paris in Las Vegas suspected a man attending DEFCON, a hacker convention, had a gun. They sent their private SWAT team to force him out of his room at 11 PM in his underwear. They searched his room and made him open the safe to prove he did not have a gun.

This combined with other videos that I have seen of gun owners being treated badly Vegas hotels sends a clear message. I hope the SHOT Show finds a new venue because Vegas does not want them anymore.

I wonder if these private SWAT teams were in response to the Mandalay Bay shooting 5 years ago.

In 2021 I got in a standoff in my room with hotel security. I just had a losing cash poker session and went to bed at 11am. Knowing they were going to barge in and inspect because it had been 48 hours since the last one, I went through a bunch of effort to get the maid in there to inspect before I went to sleep.

90 minutes into sleeping, security knocked on the door to "do the routine room check".

I told them this was already done. They said they had no record of it. I refused to let them in, and said to call the maid supervisor on the floor and verify my claim. They kept telling me to just "open up anyway, this will be fast", and I said I was not dressed and was sleeping, and didn't want to. I said, "Obviously I can't go anywhere. Take all the time you need in front of my door to verify I'm telling the truth."

They asked one more time if I could just let them in, and I again refused.

Finally after about 10 minutes they said, "We verified the maid did check this earlier today. Sorry for the confusion", and walked away.

When I woke up later, I called the front desk and was pissed. The front desk acknowledged that the room check was in the system, but "someone put it in the wrong place", thus causing the error. They gave me a $25 food credit, and that was that.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I wonder if these private SWAT teams were in response to the Mandalay Bay shooting 5 years ago.

In 2021 I got in a standoff in my room with hotel security. I just had a losing cash poker session and went to bed at 11am. Knowing they were going to barge in and inspect because it had been 48 hours since the last one, I went through a bunch of effort to get the maid in there to inspect before I went to sleep.

90 minutes into sleeping, security knocked on the door to "do the routine room check".

I told them this was already done. They said they had no record of it. I refused to let them in, and said to call the maid supervisor on the floor and verify my claim. They kept telling me to just "open up anyway, this will be fast", and I said I was not dressed and was sleeping, and didn't want to. I said, "Obviously I can't go anywhere. Take all the time you need in front of my door to verify I'm telling the truth."

They asked one more time if I could just let them in, and I again refused.

Finally after about 10 minutes they said, "We verified the maid did check this earlier today. Sorry for the confusion", and walked away.

When I woke up later, I called the front desk and was pissed. The front desk acknowledged that the room check was in the system, but "someone put it in the wrong place", thus causing the error. They gave me a $25 food credit, and that was that.
    lol you are always at war with the front desk and pissed off lol lol lol.

I was at that weird multi-building giftstore on the west side LV blvd up past Sahara etc. They sold these brown fake turds. For some reason my gf and I bought one. When we had to have a roomcheck we would put it right on the phone then act straight faced as the inspector had to pick up the phone to check-in to prove she checked. Priceless. They'd have no idea what to do ..

Yes, I even trolled the room inspector. I'm that anti-social.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information