Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: The Unofficial Alan is a Fucktard thread

  1. #81
    Platinum MisterV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,981
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Alan is too invested in what he'd prefer to believe, and I don't recall him changing his mind very often.
    Yes, but that may not be his biggest problem, gambling-wise: Alan seems to lack the discipline to play moderately and within his means.
    What, Me Worry?

  2. #82
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Alan is too invested in what he'd prefer to believe, and I don't recall him changing his mind very often.
    Yes, but that may not be his biggest problem, gambling-wise: Alan seems to lack the discipline to play moderately and within his means.
    Damn V... I certainly hope that using the $20 of free play I get is within my means.

    Keep smoking papa.

  3. #83
    Platinum MisterV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,981
    Let's be quite clear here, Alan.

    I'm not saying you have a gambling problem, as you enjoy it and are able to keep doing it plus keep a roof over your head.

    But you can no longer play at the level you once did at craps or VP.

    Part of that must be related to your divorces: those divorce attorneys can be devils.

    But, and this is my opinion based on years of reading your posts, you seem unable to rat hole wins and keep them off of the felt and out of the machnes.

    You hit a hundred grand at VP: how long did those winnings last?

    Not to brag, but to compare: unlike you, I have "upped my game" since retiring and am betting more than before.

    You claim you were barred from Caesars and MGM due to being a supposed DI; I wonder if that is just smoke and mirrors from you, a convenient way of explaining away why you can no longer afford to play at casinos with higher minimums.

    I could be wrong, in fact I hope I am because through it all I think you're a good person: a bit stymied by life perhaps, but with a good heart.
    What, Me Worry?

  4. #84
    It's probably been 15 or more years ago on the video poker forum, vpFREE, there was a discussion about what recreational/unknowledgeable video poker players should be called. Someone suggested "ploppy" and it stuck. Since then the term has spread around the gambling world as a humorous/sarcastic description of sucker gamblers.
    Maxpen.Is.The.Forum.Bitch

  5. #85
    I was not barred from Caesars. I haven't been there in four years because I don't go to the strip.

    My play level is based on my current income as a retiree. Only an addict and degenerate gambler would gamble in excess of their current income, especially a retiree.

  6. #86
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I was not barred from Caesars. I haven't been there in four years because I don't go to the strip.

    My play level is based on my current income as a retiree. Only an addict and degenerate gambler would gamble in excess of their current income, especially a retiree.
    Only a Rat like Boz would create a thread titled like this.
    Alright, kewlJ would and has done similar titles.
    I'm against censorship but this title is unnecessary and it really showcases what a Rat Fink Boz really is.

  7. #87
    Monet... I've come to ignore Boz. Especially after talking to others who know.

  8. #88

  9. #89
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    My definitions:

    Advantage player: Players playing to a positive expectation, both professionally and recreationally.

    Negative expectation players fall into 2 categories.

    1) recreational player. Visits the casino periodically and that can be a couple times a year to as much as a couple times a week. They understand they are playing a negative expectation game. The experience, win or lose is enjoyable to them (entertainment) and they can afford to lose whatever they lose without effecting their life one bit. MrV seems to be a prime example of this.

    2.) Ploppy. This is a player playing a negative expectation game, that refuses to believe he is playing negative expectation. He employs the same old, long disproven voodoo and "system" plays, over and over expecting a different (longterm) outcome....to win. These are the guys who when you ask how they have done over their lifetime (or a long 7 month trip ) will say "about even", when they know they are in the red and usually significantly so. I'll not name a prime example, although. look to the thread title.

    Unfortunately, this second group includes degenerate gambling types, where their gambling and losing effects their lives, finances and relationships.

    There’s one other category that you left out. The category you belong in. The casino life Hustler

    The casino life hustler is not an advantage player or plop. He has acquired enough knowledge to win just enough money to stay in the game. The casino life hustler often takes advantage of people who work at casinos or even other gamblers to earn his living. In your case the casino is how you troll for vulnerable gay men. Strutting around pool side in a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top trying to attract down and out middle aged gay men so you can suck your next BJ buy in out of them.

  10. #90
    Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    My definitions:

    Advantage player: Players playing to a positive expectation, both professionally and recreationally.

    Negative expectation players fall into 2 categories.

    1) recreational player. Visits the casino periodically and that can be a couple times a year to as much as a couple times a week. They understand they are playing a negative expectation game. The experience, win or lose is enjoyable to them (entertainment) and they can afford to lose whatever they lose without effecting their life one bit. MrV seems to be a prime example of this.

    2.) Ploppy. This is a player playing a negative expectation game, that refuses to believe he is playing negative expectation. He employs the same old, long disproven voodoo and "system" plays, over and over expecting a different (longterm) outcome....to win. These are the guys who when you ask how they have done over their lifetime (or a long 7 month trip ) will say "about even", when they know they are in the red and usually significantly so. I'll not name a prime example, although. look to the thread title.

    Unfortunately, this second group includes degenerate gambling types, where their gambling and losing effects their lives, finances and relationships.

    There’s one other category that you left out. The category you belong in. The casino life Hustler

    The casino life hustler is not an advantage player or plop. He has acquired enough knowledge to win just enough money to stay in the game. The casino life hustler often takes advantage of people who work at casinos or even other gamblers to earn his living. In your case the casino is how you troll for vulnerable gay men. Strutting around pool side in a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top trying to attract down and out middle aged gay men so you can suck your next BJ buy in out of them.
    The fact that kewl wears a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top should be enough to end this argument right here.
    I wander through the path of life. Wondering. Wondering what my next signature on VCT should be.

  11. #91
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    My definitions:

    Advantage player: Players playing to a positive expectation, both professionally and recreationally.

    Negative expectation players fall into 2 categories.

    1) recreational player. Visits the casino periodically and that can be a couple times a year to as much as a couple times a week. They understand they are playing a negative expectation game. The experience, win or lose is enjoyable to them (entertainment) and they can afford to lose whatever they lose without effecting their life one bit. MrV seems to be a prime example of this.

    2.) Ploppy. This is a player playing a negative expectation game, that refuses to believe he is playing negative expectation. He employs the same old, long disproven voodoo and "system" plays, over and over expecting a different (longterm) outcome....to win. These are the guys who when you ask how they have done over their lifetime (or a long 7 month trip ) will say "about even", when they know they are in the red and usually significantly so. I'll not name a prime example, although. look to the thread title.

    Unfortunately, this second group includes degenerate gambling types, where their gambling and losing effects their lives, finances and relationships.

    There’s one other category that you left out. The category you belong in. The casino life Hustler

    The casino life hustler is not an advantage player or plop. He has acquired enough knowledge to win just enough money to stay in the game. The casino life hustler often takes advantage of people who work at casinos or even other gamblers to earn his living. In your case the casino is how you troll for vulnerable gay men. Strutting around pool side in a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top trying to attract down and out middle aged gay men so you can suck your next BJ buy in out of them.
    The fact that kewl wears a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top should be enough to end this argument right here.
    I read a story in Amazing Fantasy last week where I had to look up a new word every page. I don't mind that too much. But now I have to look up fashion details while reading posts. Lot of work.

    Geez, it's a little casual for my tastes. I think I'd prefer something more spandex-y. I'd suggest committing to an all-out toga look if you're doing this Nixie One Shoulder thing.

  12. #92
    Hey Alan, if you're reading this, let me know if you'd like a copy of the book that includes my short non-fiction story, "The Car Makes the Man." From a couple of things you posted in the past, there is an overlap between that story and your late teenage experiences. A little commonality and resonance, I'd say. Anyway, if you'd like a copy, PM me a physical address. The book is a collection of coming-of-age true car stories and essays.

    And in a Jewish vein for Alan and Todd, I signed a couple of forms yesterday so my smiling face will be in two films that I guess will be making various film festivals at some point. I play "Saul the Jew." In the first one, I think I have about two minutes of screen time. I make a fine Saul the Jew. The films are a little bit experimental, and they feature some hilarious characters. The trick is to figure out who is acting and who is playing themselves.

  13. #93
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post


    There’s one other category that you left out. The category you belong in. The casino life Hustler

    The casino life hustler is not an advantage player or plop. He has acquired enough knowledge to win just enough money to stay in the game. The casino life hustler often takes advantage of people who work at casinos or even other gamblers to earn his living. In your case the casino is how you troll for vulnerable gay men. Strutting around pool side in a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top trying to attract down and out middle aged gay men so you can suck your next BJ buy in out of them.
    The fact that kewl wears a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top should be enough to end this argument right here.
    I read a story in Amazing Fantasy last week where I had to look up a new word every page. I don't mind that too much. But now I have to look up fashion details while reading posts. Lot of work.

    Geez, it's a little casual for my tastes. I think I'd prefer something more spandex-y. I'd suggest committing to an all-out toga look if you're doing this Nixie One Shoulder thing.
    I'm waiting for the new thread dedicated to Seedvalue giving kewl fashion advice. Straight eye for a queer guy?
    I wander through the path of life. Wondering. Wondering what my next signature on VCT should be.

  14. #94
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

    The fact that kewl wears a red Nixie One Shoulder Sleeveless Top should be enough to end this argument right here.
    I read a story in Amazing Fantasy last week where I had to look up a new word every page. I don't mind that too much. But now I have to look up fashion details while reading posts. Lot of work.

    Geez, it's a little casual for my tastes. I think I'd prefer something more spandex-y. I'd suggest committing to an all-out toga look if you're doing this Nixie One Shoulder thing.
    I'm waiting for the new thread dedicated to Seedvalue giving kewl fashion advice. Straight eye for a queer guy?

    That was a good one, account.

    I have to look all these things up; I don't know what they are. I'm not totally ignorant regarding fashion -- I watch the Gentleman's Gazette videos all the time, but Seed's off-the-cuff knowledge is intimidating.

  15. #95
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I was not barred from Caesars. I haven't been there in four years because I don't go to the strip.

    My play level is based on my current income as a retiree. Only an addict and degenerate gambler would gamble in excess of their current income, especially a retiree.

    Idk what level of income you have now, but if you played any real volume at the $25 level of video poker or higher then you obviously had a significant bankroll at one point in time. I just hope you didn’t lose it all back.

    Video poker has a way to really fuck with the strongest minds. I’ve seen it and experienced it myself. It’s a game that you constantly lose at waiting to hit one big pay day. There’s nothing worse then going long stretch’s not hitting a royal. Going down a few hundred K playing VP is no fun regardless of how much money you have. Personally I hate the game, but reluctantly put in the time when there are promotions that put the game over 100%.

  16. #96
    I always have said casino gambling should be entertainment only. This really got me in "trouble" with the advocates of "advantage play."

    Despite everything claimed on these anonymous forums I reject these claims of advantage play -- even claims that dice influencing can be taught. It can only be taught to a tiny few... maybe.

    In short, I'm probably the most hated casino forum participant because when a so-called AP says "I win" I say "prove it."

    Yeah some people win, otherwise the casinos would be empty. But I know too many APs living in their cars and with their mothers in their 50s.

    So yes. I'm called a fucktard. But I use my real name because I'm proud of where I stand.

    I'll call BS when I need to.

  17. #97
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I always have said casino gambling should be entertainment only. This really got me in "trouble" with the advocates of "advantage play."

    Despite everything claimed on these anonymous forums I reject these claims of advantage play -- even claims that dice influencing can be taught. It can only be taught to a tiny few... maybe.

    In short, I'm probably the most hated casino forum participant because when a so-called AP says "I win" I say "prove it."

    Yeah some people win, otherwise the casinos would be empty. But I know too many APs living in their cars and with their mothers in their 50s.

    So yes. I'm called a fucktard. But I use my real name because I'm proud of where I stand.

    I'll call BS when I need to.
    Dipshits who claim to have seen 18 yos don't get to call BS on fucking anyone.

  18. #98
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I always have said casino gambling should be entertainment only. This really got me in "trouble" with the advocates of "advantage play."

    Despite everything claimed on these anonymous forums I reject these claims of advantage play -- even claims that dice influencing can be taught. It can only be taught to a tiny few... maybe.

    In short, I'm probably the most hated casino forum participant because when a so-called AP says "I win" I say "prove it."

    Yeah some people win, otherwise the casinos would be empty. But I know too many APs living in their cars and with their mothers in their 50s.

    So yes. I'm called a fucktard. But I use my real name because I'm proud of where I stand.

    I'll call BS when I need to.
    You are the most hated casino forum participant Alan? Really?

    Have you had someone hire a PI to find you and then post where you live and send that info to the casinos hoping to cause you financial harm? (Well you are not an AP, so that really wouldn't cause you financial harm)

    Have you had another person from the forums show up at your home, I guess to carry out physical threats made on the forum?

    You recently had an ex-spouse pass away, Alan. Did anyone attack her repeatedly as has happened to me and several others?

    People make fun of the 18 y.o.'s in a row, but are you attacked on a daily basis about something not even related to gambling?

    Do people repeatedly claim you are a male prostitute?

    Do people attack you based on health issues you have had in the past and wish new issues like monkeypox on you almost daily?

    Do people repeatedly claim you have had sex with family members?

    Do people attack your family members who don't even post on the forums?

    When you can answer yes to even some of these questions, get back to me about being hated.

    Now moving on, why do you think anyone need "prove" anything to you? Alan, you have never understood what it means to be an AP. We are anonymous, not because we don't want to prove anything claimed to you, but because we have the very industry, we are talking about trying to stop us from playing.

    The second thing you have never understood is the relationship between math and gambling. If a player can find a way to return over 100%, whether it is something small like card counting at about 101% return or video poker with over 100% return (with or without promotions), or something much larger, like hole carding or things not talked about, or machine plays above my understanding, and that player puts in enough trials to insure that regular negative variance doesn't come in to play, that player will win. That is what advantage play is.

    Anyone who understands the math, really doesn't question anyone where the math adds up and makes sense to what is being claimed. The only time I question anyone's claim is when the math doesn't add up or work. And even then, I don't think I have ever demanded proof. No one is on trial. But if someone can't explain their claim that the math doesn't work, I am not going to believe them. That is my and every person's right. And as an AP, I actually believe it is a responsibility to call out claims that the math doesn't work.

  19. #99
    To the extent that sports betting is an "AP play," what Alan said about wanting to see people "proving" it is not precisely correct. Unlike other forms of AP, a third-party monitored sports betting record either shows that you won or shows that you lost. I sent a boatload of those third-party verifications to Alan, but he never examined them.

    Now it's true that someone who is tracked by third parties and has convincingly won could also be a degenerate in other gambling or could be doing stupid things on the side, like betting parlays. In that way, they could actually be losers while posting winning straight play records. But not everyone is going to have solved one aspect of gambling and yet blown their winnings via degeneracy.

    I take pride in being a degenerate in many ways, but degenerate gambling isn't one of them. Seed, feel free to borrow that line.

  20. #100
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Hey Alan, if you're reading this, let me know if you'd like a copy of the book that includes my short non-fiction story, "The Car Makes the Man."
    You got my attention on this.
    I heard that there is a formula for writing 36 short stories and making passive income from it.
    Of course the formula is a ton of work as you have to write, edit, proof, promote, fund and sell your E Book.
    And supposedly there are a few ways to steal ebooks but from my understanding Amazon is about to implement a no return policy after you read 10% of the written material.
    I have what I think is an interesting concept for a short story/novel/screenplay but I'm probably way too lazy to finish or follow through with it.
    I have the hook and ending but I'm unwilling to share it with anyone at this time.
    I've wrote and rewrote a few chapters to it but I'd rather just play video games so it just sits there laughing at me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The WoV Thread
    By mickeycrimm in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 9465
    Last Post: 12-06-2022, 03:01 PM
  2. The Genealogy Thread
    By mickeycrimm in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 06:29 AM
  3. Closed Thread
    By coach belly in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 08:29 PM
  4. Sportsbetting ONLY thread
    By LoneStarHorse in forum Sports & Sportsbetting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM
  5. The Alan's Motives Thread
    By redietz in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •