Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: eliot jacobson calls For Violence and protests on climate change

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

Ahh yes magic thinking. Someone else is going to fix this - they always have.
    I wasn't answering the question "Is nuclear fusion going to fix climate change ?" I was answering Mickey's question "does anyone have a take on the recent nuclear fusion breakthrough?" . BTW, I totally get that what I just wrote won't stop you from arguing against answers that were never made to questions that were never asked.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    But the climatards that wrote the article are trying to rewrite history.
    More like the humatards.

Best to save the fusion stuff for a permanent way off the planet, which is more than already doomed within the next five hundred years. If we could perfect, and, then, afford, one such power plant, over the next hundred years, then, maybe, by then, we will also have a way to get the CO2, etc, out of the atmosphere. But, cooling, or letting cool, the atmosphere would hardly be enough.

Generally speaking, each solution always leads to even more problems (in the long run). No matter how the energy is consumed, it will end up as even more heat.
    Drug Rehabilitation + Haliburton County for the local thus clinics. The one in Haliburton town temporarily closed yields the closest, 4cast. 137 posts at NetVoid's forum, + 184 here =321.0, to overlap 3456 at the 3's, as the dimensions from 0 to 6, four by four.bb

The unused, Zodiac bits: 'dakadu, Lake+151?s (164 char. max) seed the final two lines of the anagram solver -of lies/revenge. Franc Baconis for the capital L yields 141=69+ᘔᘖ; 397=[(10-6+9-1)^3-(1+ᘔ+ᘖ+1)^3].

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    IMO, Fuck climate change, it's all BS. If it's real then we deserve what we get.

With that being said.

BS or not, government con or not, it's probably a good thing to attempt to clean up our environment, improve transportation, improve solar, stop cutting down trees, recycle and conserve.

Electric vehicles/transportation may not be all that it's cracked up to be, but we got to start somewhere.
    Although some of us may deserve it - some were and are willing to live a lifestyle that would be sustainable. The vast majority of the world is just breed and consume what they can afford.

Some still stay it is BS which is why I don't bother posting any projections just things that have happened that shouldn't be happening with such frequency and across all continents.
    I'm sure we are contributing some to global warming and fucking up the ozone but I don't believe it's anywhere near the degree some are claiming. Much of it is a political tool and a money grab. There are more important things we should be spending money on, those things might even cut down on global warming.

I have a feeling something else will get us long before global warming will.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

I wasn't answering the question "Is nuclear fusion going to fix climate change ?" I was answering Mickey's question "does anyone have a take on the recent nuclear fusion breakthrough?" . BTW, I totally get that what I just wrote won't stop you from arguing against answers that were never made to questions that were never asked.
    Ahhh I guess Mickey wasn't implying it is possibly a solution to climate change. He just randomly brought it up in response to me. lol. You're right though, I guess you're not necessarily agreeing with that but it seemed like you were.

I don't think there is a consensus about 20 years but perhaps. It took them DECADES to get to one of the most brief of demonstrations. You're telling me they're going to scale it up to grid application in 20 years? I think any scientist not blinded by being in these and related programs will disagree. You know there is no AI that is going to solve this. I'm not aware of AI solving ANYTHING outside of beating games (very specific domain) or spitting out seemingly intelligent text.

Regardless, I was going to say after watching the video that it was informative and best reference for us lay people. I fell asleep towards the end but such is life.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Some still stay it is BS which is why I don't bother posting any projections just things that have happened that shouldn't be happening with such frequency and across all continents.
    I'm sure we are contributing some to global warming and fucking up the ozone but I don't believe it's anywhere near the degree some are claiming. Much of it is a political tool and a money grab. There are more important things we should be spending money on, those things might even cut down on global warming.

I have a feeling something else will get us long before global warming will.[/QUOTE]

Global warming will get some of mankind far before anything else. Or at least they will need to emigrate.

There will be lots of secondary effects and it is very possible that one of those will get many of us.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Steven Hawking's predictions ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/15/step...l-warming.html

It makes a lot of sense, intuitively, and otherwise. Certainly someone who knew his own stuff. Let alone the gambling quacks like Jacobson. And, the egghead fucktards like AxleWolf, and Crimm.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 12-16-2022 at 10:46 PM.
    Drug Rehabilitation + Haliburton County for the local thus clinics. The one in Haliburton town temporarily closed yields the closest, 4cast. 137 posts at NetVoid's forum, + 184 here =321.0, to overlap 3456 at the 3's, as the dimensions from 0 to 6, four by four.bb

The unused, Zodiac bits: 'dakadu, Lake+151?s (164 char. max) seed the final two lines of the anagram solver -of lies/revenge. Franc Baconis for the capital L yields 141=69+ᘔᘖ; 397=[(10-6+9-1)^3-(1+ᘔ+ᘖ+1)^3].

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Ahhh I guess Mickey wasn't implying it is possibly a solution to climate change. He just randomly brought it up in response to me. lol. You're right though, I guess you're not necessarily agreeing with that but it seemed like you were.
    He may be curious about it as a potential solution to energy demands - I'm not going to assume that is why he is asking though. I guess there may be a few other people who think it might be as well, since billions have been spent trying to develop it as such over 60 years. Since this type of research was started way before climate change was considered the issue it was now, I think that energy demand fulfillment is much more likely the reason for asking about the fusion breakthrough. Anyway assume away about people's reasons for asking questions.

You're telling me they're going to scale it up to grid application in 20 years?
    No, I'm not. I'm delivering information about what nuclear sector corporations have stated.

I think any scientist not blinded by being in these and related programs will disagree. You know there is no AI that is going to solve this. I'm not aware of AI solving ANYTHING outside of beating games (very specific domain) or spitting out seemingly intelligent text.
    The video I posted had a scientist in charge of modeling stating that the design of the fusion experiment was AI-assisted. I think that may have been while you were asleep. Any scientist that's not a nuclear scientist isn't nearly as qualified to make an estimation compared to one that is.

You said you weren't going to reply to my responses or posts.
    Last edited by tableplay; 12-17-2022 at 05:22 AM.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...climate-crisis

Big die off of trees this year. Nothing to see but please realize it is just starting.

I'll be honest, the first spring after the trees die and they don't green out but have all the tiny branches still unbroken is surreal. So I guess there will be something to see!

Just to be clear. I used to care but like many things you have no power over, you just come to accept them.

You have grief - then you learn to accept it. Much like the stages of grieving for a loved one but this was all forseen many decades ago. It has bothered me personally for over 20 years but now I'm just like .. let the monkeys consume themselves. Not my monkeys - not my circus! I do feel sorry for the kids though but what'r'ya'gonna'do?

Mankind as we know it and our standard of living is on the way OUT.

The regional problems this will cause are just going to layer on top of this shit. Starving people close to equator gonna just give up and starve to death?
    Do you know what the "stressors" in the article are? They didn't want to say bark beetle. They did their best to make it sound like the climate is responsible. The bark beetle has been killing tree's in the northwest for years, not the climate. I've been seeing dead tree's like that for years around the northwest.

They spent 20 paragraphs blaming it on the climate with just one sentence about "insects and disease" adding "stress." They're full of shit. It's common knowledge that the dead tree's are the result of the bark beetles.

But the climatards that wrote the article are trying to rewrite history.

Now, does anyone have a take on the recent nuclear fusion breakthrough? It will lead to the people of the earth no longer needing fossil fuels.
    Hmm lemme see Bark Beetles well known for their damage for PINE trees must have all at once flew over to the FIR trees and killed them because clearly it has nothing to do with https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...etch-rcna40491 <- heat-wave-scorches-pacific-northwest-echoing-brutal-2021-stretch <-- true story
    Hahahahahhaha!! Firs are part of the pine tree family. And they are being killed by the bark beetle no matter what bullshit you come up with.

But if tree's are dying because of drought you climatards blame it on climate change. You blame everything on climate change. That's your catchall. Droughts have been going on for thousands of years but climatards say they are man made? Get a clue.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

No way it'll be ready in 20 years. We can't even build a nuclear reactor in under 5. If and when they start to scale it then get back.

It took over 40 years of going from oil drilling to first mass produced car. The level of complexity is so much smaller for cars. 10s of thousands of dudes would be able to create a car with a decent machine shop. There are no way that many people could engineer up a working fusion reactor. 20 years? ha !

At least with fusion we could desalinate water from oceans at a massive scale, I suppose.
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

One thing is for sure. YOU ain't going to fix shit.

Why don't you just go ahead and shoot yourself in the head and get it over with, Mr. Doomsday.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

He may be curious about it as a potential solution to energy demands - I'm not going to assume that is why he is asking though. I guess there may be a few other people who think it might be as well, since billions have been spent trying to develop it as such over 60 years. Since this type of research was started way before climate change was considered the issue it was now, I think that energy demand fulfillment is much more likely the reason for asking about the fusion breakthrough. Anyway assume away about people's reasons for asking questions.
    I'm sure he is curious about it as a solution to potential energy demands but if one looks at context as they would with any conversation..... people don't always ask "Why are you asking this?" before they respond to everything. Unless you have a hard time with such issues.

How autistic you must be.......

I've never or seen Mickey have any interest in such matters but sure .. just ignore context and justify your flimsy beliefs. My response was still on subject.

No, I'm not. I'm delivering information about what nuclear sector corporations have stated.
    Ok, what "nuclear corporation" was this and what info? All these guys on here were going on about how you can't trust the scientists because there are money motivations.. then here comes a corporation with either a product or wanting grant money and it is somehow the truth regardless if it flies against most reasonably educated guesses.

The video I posted had a scientist in charge of modeling stating that the design of the fusion experiment was AI-assisted. I think that may have been while you were asleep. Any scientist that's not a nuclear scientist isn't nearly as qualified to make an estimation compared to one that is.
    My degree is in CS and from a decent public school. I've done far far more computer programming than I have AP stuff. I disagree about the "any scientist" part. The nuclear scientists aren't going to see the big picture or even be aware of many things outside their sphere of influence. I'd rather go by history (and complexity estimation) over hype.

Ahh yes I heard that buzzword dropped. I just didn't put much stock in it. You went the other way and thought he/she implied AI was going to help them with a "solution". What someone like that says "AI", I'm sure there was something very AI like.

What is "intelligent" in context of computers? Question has been the basis of the Turing test for possibly longer than nuclear fusion research. *I* don't think the AI involved in here is particularly intelligent outside of whatever domain the algorithm was written for. I'm sure this is something many would call "AI" but see if that "intelligence" can generalize itself in any way on its own. I'm sure if whatever they use is setup to solve for some solution (or close approximation) it won't get past that.

If you want to believe these guys have AI systems that are going to help them throughout the dev pipeline then feel free to believe a few words dropped at a news conference.

You said you weren't going to reply to my responses or posts.
    I retract. As long as you obsess harder over what I say than Monet's dick I will often be responding.

Hahahahahhaha!! Firs are part of the pine tree family. And they are being killed by the bark beetle no matter what bullshit you come up with.

But if tree's are dying because of drought you climatards blame it on climate change. You blame everything on climate change. That's your catchall. Droughts have been going on for thousands of years but climatards say they are man made? Get a clue.
    Well if you say so about Firs then I can be completely wrong about that aspect. I'm not a tree guy. I read something about bark beetles and it said pines. Whatever. I guess pine trees managed to fade bark beetles and the huge back to back heat wave had nothing to do with it. You know.. a heat wave outside of what the plants evolved to exist in...

When heat-waves are records all the time how can you really say that is the same thing going on forever? If you apply this sort of thinking to all domains you're going to come up with some truly goofy results.

Why don't you just go ahead and shoot yourself in the head and get it over with, Mr. Doomsday.
    I get too much pleasure trolling your dumb ass over your Trump loving ways and whatever other backwards ass thinking you feed me.

I retract. As long as you obsess harder over what I say than Monet's dick I will often be responding.
    Helion Energy, Common Wealth Fusion Systems, and General Fusion to name a few. The CEO of Helion Energy says they will have commercial fusion energy for sale in 10 years for example.
    I was replying to Mickey about a question regarding the progress of a type of technology and you say I am proposing a fix by answering a technological progress question - that was why I responded to your post - I'm not obsessing about anything you say. I could care less if you ever post here again.

Helion Energy, Common Wealth Fusion Systems, and General Fusion to name a few. The CEO of Helion Energy says they will have commercial fusion energy for sale in 10 years for example.
    I was replying to Mickey about a question regarding the progress of a type of technology and you say I am proposing a fix by answering a technological progress question - that was why I responded to your post - I'm not obsessing about anything you say. I could care less if you ever post here again.
    People around here don't want to believe respected scientists but readily believe CEOs. Thats some late stage capitalism bullshit if ever.

You realize that CEOs of publicly run companies have pretty much only one objective and that is to keep the stock price high. The future doesn't even matter to them. What matters is the stock price up until the point they leave. They are ALWAYS going to say something is coming earlier than reality.

Regardless, glad to see you came up with some companies. I sorta thought you were talking about the video clip but again my bad. I assume a lot of things Helion has 2 billion in venture capital. That is impressive but lets be honest if you want to sell hopes and dreams fusion is probably top 3 things you coul0d choose.

Anyway, cynacism aside I hope I am wrong about all this and it comes online in 10 years. It is a huge leap for humanity. My understanding from the video is these pulverized/vaporized things they create are very very skilled labor intensive. Wouldn't they have to make those at scale?? Goooooooooood luck.

Here is one for Mickey. https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/environment/spruce-trees-arctic-alaska-climate-change/

Here the trees are growing from earth warming. Yay?

I am curious how the trees spread so much...... so quickly.

Here is one directly pertinent to Las Vegas. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/di...ns/ar-AA15nYKe

People around here don't want to believe respected scientists but readily believe CEOs. Thats some late stage capitalism bullshit if ever.

You realize that CEOs of publicly run companies have pretty much only one objective and that is to keep the stock price high. The future doesn't even matter to them. What matters is the stock price up until the point they leave. They are ALWAYS going to say something is coming earlier than reality.

Regardless, glad to see you came up with some companies. I sorta thought you were talking about the video clip but again my bad. I assume a lot of things Helion has 2 billion in venture capital. That is impressive but lets be honest if you want to sell hopes and dreams fusion is probably top 3 things you coul0d choose.

Anyway, cynacism aside I hope I am wrong about all this and it comes online in 10 years. It is a huge leap for humanity. My understanding from the video is these pulverized/vaporized things they create are very very skilled labor intensive. Wouldn't they have to make those at scale?? Goooooooooood luck.
    You asked me for specifics about who it was that was stating that commercial nuclear fusion would be available within 20 years and I provided you the answer to your question. Why the fuck do you think I believe or don't believe a CEO ? I am just answering your fucking question that you asked about who it was that was making these claims. You then conflate this with what you think I believe when I made no assertions to this in any way shape or form.

You have to figure it all out by not believing anyone. Ultimately, there are no rules until all of the rules have been derived at once. We inhabit the corrupt version of the universe, and, so, none will admit, or accept, the truth. In general, the theory of everything is what no one else can agree on; otherwise, it would have been found a long time ago. It has to be something that is hidden in plain sight, already available to whomever can admit it. As I pointed out, several years ago, on this very site, mankind is merely the turning point in evolution, itself. What comes after us will be a product of our leaving the planet behind. With species that work their way back to the smallest of beginnings, which led to us, too, from the time of the "big bang", but, in an inverse proportionally sentient sense. As well, there are ways to prove that "we are alone in the universe", that Earth is, essentially, the center of the universe. For example, that life, too, is a matter of simple entropy, that to create us used it up, like creating energy. Biological arguments as well, such as how buds form, with one in the lead. Cynics welcome, can't change anything.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 12-17-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    You have to figure it all out by not believing anyone. Ultimately, there are no rules until all of the rules have been derived at once. We inhabit the corrupt version of the universe, and, so, none will admit, or accept, the truth. In general, the theory of everything is what no one else can agree on; otherwise, it would have been found a long time ago. It has to be something that is hidden in plain sight, already available to whomever can admit it. As I pointed out, several years ago, on this very site, mankind is merely the turning point in evolution, itself. What comes after us will be a product of our leaving the planet behind. With species that work their way back to the smallest of beginnings, which led to us, too, from the time of the "big bang", but, in an inverse proportionally sentient sense. As well, there are ways to prove that "we are alone in the universe", that Earth is, essentially, the center of the universe. For example, that life, too, is a matter of simple entropy, that to create us used it up, like creating energy. Biological arguments as well, such as how buds form, with one in the lead. Cynics welcome, can't change anything.
    Due to this vastness that you have written about above Bill, I doubt anyone will remember the song No Go Betweens by the Memphis Horns, despite the fact that it is an excellent song:

You asked me for specifics about who it was that was stating that commercial nuclear fusion would be available within 20 years and I provided you the answer to your question. Why the fuck do you think I believe or don't believe a CEO ? I am just answering your fucking question that you asked about who it was that was making these claims. You then conflate this with what you think I believe when I made no assertions to this in any way shape or form.

Why the fuck do you think I believe or don't believe a CEO ? <-- because you said companies were saying 20 years? Ok CEO didn't say it, spokesman for company did. Same shit.

Why the fuck do you think I believe or don't believe a CEO ? <-- because you said companies were saying 20 years? Ok CEO didn't say it, spokesman for company did. Same shit.
    Yes I reported what companies were saying dumbfuck, not my own personal opinion. It's only the same shit to a moron like yourself.

Thread Information