Tasha Knathanson stretched her arms out in front of her and cracked her knuckles and then pulled a freshly typed page out of her typewriter. This TV writing shit sure was easy. She was a writer on a police procedural AND on a legal drama about a law firm consisting only of "lesbian" transwomen and was living the high life in Hollywood. Her new boyfriend Billy knocked softly on her office door.

"I made muffins, honey," Billy said softly, so as not to anger his quick-tempered literary genius new girlfriend. "I brought some on a tray for you with coffee just the way you like it?"

"Too bad I'm in the mood for tea," Tasha scoffed. She loved verbally abusing her new boyfriend Billy. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of writing a very technical scene taking place in a police station? I need to concentrate or else I might include details that are completely inaccurate. Details that would reveal I know nothing about legal processes! Do you want me to be outed as a fraud? Huh?"

"No dear," Billy replied meekly. "You are such a good writer I just thought you might want some fuel for that big brain of yours."

"I got all the fuel I needed sucking off my boss. I swallowed baby!" and with that insult Tasha threw a stapler at Billy. It hit him square in the forehead, killing him instantly. Oh shit, Tasha thought. I'm in deep shit now. Good thing all my legal fiction writing has prepared me for such a situation.

Tasha rummaged in her closet for her go bag. She unzipped it to take inventory. Fake passports, cash, disguises, cell phone jammer, burner phone, latex gloves, sunglasses. It was all there. She was ready to start her new life under a new name: Karen Kentry. She would find work at a Walgreens far far away, maybe some place like Miami. Her passion for writing she could satisfy by trolling forums with bad fan fiction. Yes, it would all work out. She was ready.