Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Franco Dragone's final work will unfortunately be the awful "Amystika" with Criss Angel

Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'm not sure if it would be funny or cringe to see Mcap in this type of situation.
    Point is that they got Dan to wag his tail, and, then, bark like a dog. I would have told them to shove their stinking show up their asses, and, kept walking.
    I liked it better to let them have their one night of their power trip, with the message that I'd be getting them fired for it, and then actually accomplishing it the following day.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I feel uncomfortable that you got those two Employees fired over ONE incident. They both might have just had an off day that day and were probably excellent Employees usually.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Imagine if Druff were a monarch.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'm not sure if it would be funny or cringe to see Mcap in this type of situation.
    Point is that they got Dan to wag his tail, and, then, bark like a dog. I would have told them to shove their stinking show up their asses, and, kept walking.
    I liked it better to let them have their one night of their power trip, with the message that I'd be getting them fired for it, and then actually accomplishing it the following day.
    Still could have accomplished the same thing, which was what, exactly?
    Drug Rehabilitation + Haliburton County for the local thus clinics. The one in Haliburton town temporarily closed yields the closest, 4cast. 137 posts at NetVoid's forum, + 184 here =321.0, to overlap 3456 at the 3's, as the dimensions from 0 to 6, four by four.bb

The unused, Zodiac bits: 'dakadu, Lake+151?s (164 char. max) seed the final two lines of the anagram solver -of lies/revenge. Franc Baconis for the capital L yields 141=69+ᘔᘖ; 397=[(10-6+9-1)^3-(1+ᘔ+ᘖ+1)^3].

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Imagine if Druff were a monarch.
    With invisible clothes?
    Drug Rehabilitation + Haliburton County for the local thus clinics. The one in Haliburton town temporarily closed yields the closest, 4cast. 137 posts at NetVoid's forum, + 184 here =321.0, to overlap 3456 at the 3's, as the dimensions from 0 to 6, four by four.bb

The unused, Zodiac bits: 'dakadu, Lake+151?s (164 char. max) seed the final two lines of the anagram solver -of lies/revenge. Franc Baconis for the capital L yields 141=69+ᘔᘖ; 397=[(10-6+9-1)^3-(1+ᘔ+ᘖ+1)^3].

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Most Todd story ever lol. At least two of their problems were most likely their shitty jobs, and you personally, probably just two in a list of 98 or so though.
    What would you have done in this situation, if you were me?

Most likely more or less ignore them. The one guarantee is there’s zero chance I’d be wasting any time, thought or energy out of my next day to go back there.

It’d be cool if it actually accomplished much beyond stroking your ego by power tripping the power trippers, but they’re usually just going to be replaced with other shitheads, if not immediately then eventually. Shithead jobs are for shitheads, bored/retired people and students. Only the shitheads are there long term, it’s almost a job qualifier.

Something something about accepting the things you can’t really change is my answer I guess, I’m sure you think temporarily removing two shitheads is a change though.

Assholes need to be put in their place.

Always.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Assholes need to be put in their place.

Always.
    All that does is build a better "mouse" trap. Best to wait however long to go in for the kill.

Although, in your case, Mr. Fate, the thought is always playfully tempting. Ha.

Anyway, almost no one is just fired, anymore. Not allowed even to be involved in what happens to them, say, a meeting about what happened.
    Last edited by TheGrimReaper; 12-24-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

The way I handle negative interactions with service employees is as follows...

If it's just a human mistake (oversight, confusion, error, etc), I let it go, as long as they are willing to correct it and not give me an attitude about it. I'm not the guy who asks to speak to the manager because someone fucked up unintentionally and is polite about correcting the matter. For example, one time at a store they kept telling me that my "ZIP code wasn't working", and I sat there for 20 minutes while they figured out why the computer wasn't letting them ship my package. Then it turned out they had the wrong state entered. Doh! But I didn't get angry or ask for anything. I just quietly completed the transaction and left.

If it's a dispute regarding getting some kind of compensation for a mistake or problem of some sort, I will ask for the manager if the lower level employee can't take care of it, but I will only complain about them if they were rude to me.

If it's a matter of an employee being outright rude to me for any reason, I will ask for the manager and complain. Sometimes I'll keep quiet if it's just a one-off comment, but if it's ongoing rudeness, I'm never going to take that shit.

Finally, if it's a power trip situation like this, 100% I am reporting it, and in egregious situations like these, actually try to get them fired. Fuck them. If you use your job to assert power over others just because it gives you kicks to do so, then you had better hope your boss is on board with that, because I will be the guy who tells them everything.

I also never lie or embellish. I will tell the true and correct version of what happened, and let the boss decide what to do. That is why in almost every one of these situations, the boss comes back to me and says some form of, "I looked into it, and your account of the situation was exactly what happened". Amazingly, these employees don't typically lie when confronted about it. Some are dumb enough to think they were in the right, and our proud to retell the story from the standpoint of "Look how I showed him." Others admit that my story is true, but they just can't coherently explain what they were thinking or why they did it. The latter is what happened here. I would expect a lot more excuses/lies in these situations, but somehow that rarely happens. In some cases, the boss also asks other employees who witnessed it, and they also tend to tell the truth.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

My two most satisfying "firings" were probably this one and a situation which occurred with my cell provider about 12 years ago.

One of my friends had a really cool phone number he was using for a business he had, but the business was long shut down, and he kept the phone number lying around for years. Finally he said he was shutting it off, and I asked if I could have it. He agreed, and nicely went through the hassle of calling to authorize the transfer to me, which ended up being a lot more hassle than it was supposed to be, due to incompetence on the end of both his landline company and my cell provider. (We were both transferring the ownership of the number and porting to a different provider, so this was tough.)

After a shitload of hassle for both of us, finally I got word that the matter was complete, and I'd be getting the number. Indeed, the number ported over, and it was working properly. I thanked my friend again, and it seemed to be done.

However, about 2 weeks later, I got a call from a "manager" at my cell provider. He said that the line was showing as an "unauthorized transfer" on their end, and I needed to complete a ton of steps to finish it. He listed those steps, and I politely told him that I just did all of that. He replied back, "No, you didn't do any of it. You need to complete these steps or we are retroactively rejecting the port and also disconnecting your line."

I politely asked him to check the notes on the account. There were tons of notes because of all the hassle we had, and all the calls I had to previously make about this. I had spent hours getting this done already!

"I don't need to check the notes. I know what it looks like when this process hasn't been done. Yours hasn't been done, so again, your choices are to do it, or I'm slating this to be shut off."

I begged him to just check the notes, and he'd see everything. He refused. He said back, "I know fraud when I see it. This is fraud. I don't need to check any notes. I know exactly what is happening here. One final chance. Are you going to agree to do the steps I outlined, or should I shut this line off?"

I was furious. Hours of tedious and frustrating work were about to be down the drain because this fucking asshole wouldn't hit one button to see the notes!

Once again, I told him to just check the notes, they'll explain everything, and he'll see I already did everything he's asking. He refused once again. We went back and forth for about 5 more minutes, where he kept repeating that he "didn't need" to check the notes, and absolutely would not do so. Finally, he just shut me down completely.

"Looks like you aren't interested in cooperating here," he interrupted. "I'm sending an order in for a fraud disconnection. Goodbye, sir," he arrogantly yelled over me, and hung up.

My blood was boiling. I called the company back and spent some time asking people to track down who I just spoke to, and to get me to his direct supervisor. It took awhile, but they finally found who he was, and typed up a report for his supervisor to read. They said she'd call me back.

Two days later, I got a phone call. It was his boss. She profusely apologized to me. She said, "I listened to the call. We record everything. I have no idea why you were treated this way. As you said, the notes explained everything, and if he had just read them, he'd have seen the process was already complete."

I asked if she could tell me what his explanation was regarding refusing to look at the notes.

"He couldn't explain it," she said. "I asked him why he would treat a customer that way, why he wouldn't take a few seconds to look at the notes when the customer is repeatedly begging him to do so. He didn't have an answer. And you know what's funny? We just promoted him to this position. I promoted him last week because he did a good job in his previous position for two years. But not only isn't he ready to be a manger, after this I don't think he's right for any position with us. He really did set your line up for disconnection. You can't treat customers like that."

She then threw like a $100 credit on my bill, I thanked her, and I felt great. Fucking asshole really was shutting off my line because he wouldn't take two seconds to look at the notes. I was surprised she told me that she was firing him, but I guess she was pissed/appalled enough to where she was just venting about how outrageous this was. She had personally promoted the guy about a week prior, and was furious.

Going to admit I didn't read the story but it's remarkable how these things happen to so much more often than anyone else.

Nobody can beat Druffs customer service incidents. Always a barrel of laughs! Keep them coming!

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Going to admit I didn't read the story but it's remarkable how these things happen to so much more often than anyone else.
    I get that comment a lot. It's because I push back and make memorable stories out of them, whereas the average person gets annoyed in the short term, but quickly forgets about it and moves on.

For example, in this Penn and Teller situation, had I just frustratedly walked back and out back into the main door like they were stupidly requesting, I would have grumbled at the moment, but not have been posting about it 10 years later. It's the fact that I wouldn't budge over the matter, and then when I finally did, I committed to get them fired for it (and was successful) that I remember the thing so well.

I've always looked at it like, 'they sacrificed their lives so we don't have to'.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information